Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   40k Tactics (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/15-40k-tactics/)
-   -   How do you deal with Knight Titans? (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/40k-tactics/175274-how-do-you-deal-knight-titans.html)

MidnightSun 06-21-15 08:53 PM

317 Attachment(s)
Lost my Knight in two of three games today, once on turn 1 and the other on turn 4 (it killed 10 Chaos Marines and a Chaos Terminator in those turns - I had a cunning plan that I would keep it out of range of my opponent's Havocs, at which point it stood on the sidelines in my deployment zone, with a Techmarine doing a terrible job of fixing it and plinking away with a Melta Cannon doing very little damage indeed until it got a chance to charge a squad of Chaos Marines that got too close to my deployment zone, at which point it promptly got melted by a lone Chaos Terminator with Combi-Melta). Lascannons and especially Meltaguns really do a number on them. A random 24pt dude with a Meltagun can get into a non-Ion Shield arc and is a considerable threat to it. 6 hull points isn't an awful lot for something that costs 370+pts and is only AV13/12/12, and when a random AP2 or better weapon can take 4 of them off in a turn? That's scary.

chaos vince 04-28-16 02:36 AM

Thanks guys, I appreciate the thoughts

Woodzee316 04-28-16 10:47 PM

one of the groups I play with has all of the big guys in it. an elder player with a wraithknight, a mechanicus and a marine army with a knight. I play Fateweaver with my daemons and use the new Prismatic Gaze "D" weapon AP1 spell. The wraithknight is no drama as it is only 2+. With the imperial Knights I just wait until I know what direction is protected by the shield and fly to the opposite side and blast it with the spell from that side. that's how I've been able to deal with it just recently, well since the new wulfen supplement came out with all the new spells. When I fight against the riptides I use my screamers to lock it down and then tarpit with a unit of horrors.

loki619 04-28-16 11:47 PM

my local store had a little torny the other week 750 pts 1 super heavy allowed (which ment nearly every person had a knight ) i guy fielding chaos whipped out a kharn and every1 laughed at him till he walked up to a knight and killed it in 1 round of combat so just get a knight in combat with somthin that I5 and watch it go boomboom

R_Squared 04-29-16 04:35 AM

I can believe the bit about Kharn killing a knight, but a tourney at 750pts that allows superheavies? Bonkers.

Iraqiel 04-29-16 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R_Squared (Post 2328434)
a tourney at 750pts that allows superheavies

I kind of like that actually. It implies many short games, duelling super heavies and only a little bit of squishy side army.

Except that I don't like tournament play, that sounds alright!

Nordicus 04-29-16 08:07 AM

Fateweaver and his STR D spell. 3 matches with knights so far and 3 kills.

Gotta love the Chaos Parakeet.

Iraqiel 04-29-16 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicus (Post 2328498)
Fateweaver

Playing him unpainted?

Nordicus 04-29-16 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iraqiel (Post 2328594)
Playing him unpainted?

Aye I had to find out if I wanted to paint him or not xD

Iraqiel 04-30-16 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicus (Post 2328658)
Aye I had to find out if I wanted to paint him or not xD

Hahahaha
Nordicus: "Here is my army of the god of change! Tremble before its awesome painted might!... except for the leader. He's still a blank canvas. Chaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaange!"
Opponent: "... WTF do you mean strength D?"