Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   40k Tactics (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/15-40k-tactics/)
-   -   How do you deal with Knight Titans? (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/40k-tactics/175274-how-do-you-deal-knight-titans.html)

Serpion5 06-15-15 12:06 PM

Why not take a McNasty of your own? Field a Chaos Knight. Allies rules shouldn't bother you too much, you won't want it standing too near your squads in case it goes boom.

Squire 06-15-15 12:19 PM

A chaos knight model is coming out some time soon too. Tempting.

Xabre 06-16-15 12:05 PM

Am I the only one who wants Chaos Knight rules without something covered in gibbering maws?

Haywire tends to be the very easiest way to deal with Knights. I've heard horror stories of the Y'Riptide that FW produced with that scary haywire flamer. It makes me cry.

Vaz 06-16-15 08:08 PM

Old Man78 06-16-15 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xabre (Post 2158434)
Am I the only one who wants Chaos Knight rules without something covered in gibbering maws?

Just add spikey bits!

Mossy Toes 06-17-15 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xabre (Post 2158434)
I've heard horror stories of the Y'Riptide that FW produced with that scary haywire flamer. It makes me cry.

No no, it's a Heavy 2 AP2 flamer with 6" torrent.

It's the OTHER gun that is 3(+D3 if Nova Charging) S8 shots that also inflict Haywire rolls.

chaos vince 06-17-15 04:53 AM

Arc rifles have it covered if you want to Play skitarii

R_Squared 06-17-15 08:20 AM

3 Gunwagons filled with Tankbustas should do the trick.

MidnightSun 06-17-15 08:40 AM

317 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by chaos vince (Post 1982634)
knight titans what about the new spam? grav stars, serpents, riptides, and wraith knights? what are your answers to these Mcnasties?

Knights are easy - AV13/12 vehicles are something you gotta deal with if you want to be any good at the game, and a Knight is simply an AV13 vehicle with more hull points. If you can kill a Necron vehicle, you can kill a Knight (and if you can't kill a Necron vehicle, you might want to reconsider your list).

Grav Stars, can't say I've faced one. Something with a high strength low AP weapon that can scoot around Draigo to kill all the Centurions, or a Culexus Assassin to stop them getting powers off.

Wave Serpents aren't a thing anymore.

Riptides come in two flavours, with Drones or without. With Drones, you just kill the Drones and let it run off the table. Without Drones, or if it doesn't run away, you kill it with Plasma Guns, Grav Guns, Power Fists/Thunder Hammers, Psychic Shriek or whatever else you generally use to kill 2+ save dudes. Note the Riptide isn't Fearless, so you can totally run it down in combat. Terrify also works wonders.

Wraithknights, Grav Cannons with Grav Amps seems the reliable way to do it for me. Other armies have their own good counters (Voidreaper relic, Warscythe Lychguard and Furious Charge Flayed Ones if you're feeling sassy for Necrons, Warp Spiders or Wraith-guys for Eldar, basically the whole Harlequin army, Thunderwolf Cav for Space Wolves, Monster Hunter HYMP for Tau etc. etc.)

R_Squared 06-21-15 06:42 PM

I came across an unexpected counter to Knights today. Playing a pick up game in my local GW store against a regular AM player with a Stormshadow Super Heavy Tank and a Knight, I managed to scrape up an unoptimised 1850 of Orks to face up to the tank heavy beast opposite.
Luckily I had enough Tankbustas with me to hopefully give my opponent pause for thought, however, it wasn't them that did the most damage.
It was my Lootas.
Whilst the TB's dealt with the horde of Leman Rus' and the SH tank, My Lootas spent every moment blasting chunks off the knight. Chucking out enough Str 7 hits over 2 rounds of firing to knock all but one hull point off the bugger before he got finished off in an astonishingly lucky round of melee by my Morkanaught.
So, Lootas, basically worth their weight in plastic gold. Able to blast troops, light vehicles, Flyers, MC's and now Super Heavies off the table. :good: