Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   40k Tactics (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/15-40k-tactics/)
-   -   How do you deal with Knight Titans? (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/40k-tactics/175274-how-do-you-deal-knight-titans.html)

chaos vince 12-19-14 01:17 AM

How do you deal with Knight Titans?

since knight titans came out it seems like every imperial player wants to field one. how do you guys deal with them? what about the new spam? grav stars, serpents, riptides, and wraith knights? what are your answers to these Mcnasties?

Uveron 12-19-14 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaos vince (Post 1982634)
since knight titans came out it seems like every imperial player wants to field one. how do you guys deal with them? what about the new spam? grav stars, serpents, riptides, and wraith knights? what are your answers to these Mcnasties?

Lascannons and Meltas from all sides.

chaos vince 12-19-14 02:15 AM

melta's from all sides. old school termicide squads?

Uveron 12-19-14 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaos vince (Post 1982666)
melta's from all sides. old school termicide squads?

I will expect some more of the 'Pros' will speak up.. but Termicide could work. The fact is that a single Kinght can only use his ion shild on one side, so the art will be threaten him with enoth firepower from a number of directions that no matter how he places the shild you can hit it on an unprotected side.

Now personally I have always brought the firepower on Helbrutes, Preds and Meltas from Rhinos... which is a very movable force.. overwhelm and envelop have always been my mantra with 40K, and its something I have found Chaos does very well, and it works on kinghts just like 90% of the Armour on the table.

EDIT: OH and using Crimson Slaughter to get divination is also a great help! Missfortune is very fun to use on AV12 as you can glance it to death with cultists!

chaos vince 12-19-14 02:33 AM

makes sense. I've been using either vindicators with termicide squads for the cheap high strength hits or havoc and chosen suicide squads loaded down with melta and crimson slaughter for the prescience goodness.

Uveron 12-19-14 03:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaos vince (Post 1982690)
makes sense. I've been using either vindicators with termicide squads for the cheap high strength hits or havoc and chosen suicide squads loaded down with melta and crimson slaughter for the prescience goodness.

My plan as I move into the future will be a cheep allies detachment from IA:13, because a group of 6 lascannons, will look quite scary

Vaz 12-19-14 04:07 AM

An Ion Shield halves incoming damage. Knights die to HP damage, so causing HP damage is the deal. Haywire - Crons with Storm Staffs deal 20 12" Haywire shots. Ace.

Melta with Armourbane needs a 4+ to penetrate side AV, which is 92% chance of occuring - if it hits - with the shield, that's 46% chance - and requiring 3 Melta to effectively remove 1HP. Normally, that would mean about 18 Meltahits to kill, and with 66% accuracy, that's 27 shots.

However, Ion Shield only effects one side. Sandwiching with melta squads gives you better chance of damage on one side - so there's a 150% multiplier on damage - rather than needing 18 meltahits, you'll need 12; or 18 shots. 2 Suicide 5 Man Terminator Squads is what 350pts with Combimelta, and 10 one shot meltas - for 7 hits, and 1 HP (50% save chance) + 1-2 hull points of damage for 3 HP damage. It's not brilliant, but the next turn, if you aren't shot to death (i.e have something else to distract), popping a couple of chainfists for an assault will strip a further number of HPs.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

chaos vince 06-15-15 05:47 AM

Lash princes with biomanCy havehave been doing work for me as well. Usually at least one gets iron arm for the 2 d 6 s9 shots

Nordicus 06-15-15 08:02 AM

(CSM) Helbrute Mayhem Pack (Dataslate formation), with 3 multimeltas. Kills a knight outright in almost every game I've used it either in the turn they come in or the turn after. Alternatively throw some Maulerfiends at it with lasher tendrils to reduce it's attacks. 1 can be lucky and get it down. 2 of them will definitely take it down.

(Daemons) What Chaos Vince said.

Squire 06-15-15 10:10 AM

This is the core of the list I've been working on. Super expensive but the terminators were designed with knights in mind and with four attacks each on the charge even a knight can be hacked down with average dice rolling. The lord would stay in the land raider if the first unit is charging a knight, one unit of terminators should be enough

HQ Lord with MoK, TDA, Axe of Blind Fury, veterans 155

E 4 Terminators with MoK, chainfist (champion), chainfist, 2 fists, 2 combi meltas 189

Land Raider 230 (574)

E 5 Terminators with MoK, chainfist (champion), chainfist, 2 fists, h. flamer 223

Land Raider 230 (453)

There'll also be two melta bike units and a multimelta/fist dread (mostly for the beautiful FW model) to help take off a hull points or two before the termi charge

The new wraithknights are a bigger problem now. A similar strategy with some high strength low AP shooting to take wounds off before one of the termi squads charges will be enough to kill a wraithknight even with FNP, but realistically optimised eldar, all knight lists and some of the new SM builds are too powerful for me to compete with and I'll just have to accept that. In a casual setting I'll let any list annihilate me once but the next game they can nerf their own army to make a fairer game or it's not happening. I'd do the same against a fluffy opponent because one sided mismatches aren't what I play the game for