Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/29-off-topic/)
-   -   I just do not know what to think abput this one. (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/off-topic/171570-i-just-do-not-know-what-think-abput-one.html)

Jace of Ultramar 10-30-14 04:50 PM

I just do not know what to think abput this one.

So, I received a text earlier today from my sister, she has apparently set up a Match.com profile for me and has used what she considers to be personal descriptions she "thinks" I would use for a profile on this damned site.
Apparently, during a debate I wasn't invited to, there has been a consensus that I should start dating again since my divorce earlier this year at the end of April.
At the moment, I'm not sure how truly pissed off I should be by this or if I should be pissed off at all. I've had a long week of crap to put up with in several aspects of my life both personal and professional.
I'm curious as to other people's thoughts on this as I apparently have a schedule to meet someone for coffee on Sunday morning.

Tawa 10-30-14 04:57 PM

Seems to have been done with good intent, although personally I'd be a touch miffed as it's down to me/who/xyz when dating starts up again.

I once had one of those things set up for me "for a laugh" by some friends who set up a couple of dates for me at a bar and then invited me out for a drink at said bar. Bastards.

Jace of Ultramar 10-30-14 04:59 PM

I don't know about good intentions, but, I know of arrogance that abounds with my sister.

Old Man78 10-30-14 05:00 PM

Ah, interfering sister, I know that feeling, do what I do, thank your sister, tell her you'll give it a go, change the password on the dating site so she cannot check up on you, then just do whatever you do and treat her like a mushroom!

Jace of Ultramar 10-30-14 05:06 PM

Yeah, she isn't going to give me that, her words.

Old Man78 10-30-14 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar (Post 1941490)

She wont give you access to said profile, oh well in that case forget diplomacy and deploy the "fuck off " cannon, no warning shots no sanctions, straight to defcon 1, nip this bullshit in the bud

Reaper45 10-30-14 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar (Post 1941490)

Correct me if I am wrong but isn't that identity theft?

Jace of Ultramar 10-30-14 05:23 PM

Yeah, I think that's actually what I'll do. However, this person I'm supposed to meet on Sunday, I feel they have been screwed with by said sister, I wonder how I should approach that?

Jace of Ultramar 10-30-14 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper45 (Post 1941514)

Probably on the very extreme low end of 'yes'.

Tawa 10-30-14 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper45 (Post 1941514)

Like Jace says, the very low end of Yes.

If a judge or whatever felt said sister was making some kind of personal gain from it however......