Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Video Games & Software (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/31-video-games-software/)
-   -   What's your favorite army in Dawn of War (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/video-games-software/171186-whats-your-favorite-army-dawn-war.html)

Shas'Ui 10-25-14 02:02 AM

What's your favorite army in Dawn of War

I couldn't find a thread about this, so I figured I would start it. I'm curious as to what army/race do you find most enjoyable. For me it would be the Imperial Guard, especially in the Dark Crusade campaign. They are told by Blood Ravens, an army of people they revere as gods, to disobey their orders and evacuate, and they tell the Marines to shove it. If that doesn't scream hardcore bad ass, I don't what would.

Reaper45 10-25-14 03:20 AM

Dark crusade would be Orks, Soulstorm would be dark eldar.

Warhawk 10-25-14 05:02 AM

I love being the only one here who actually liked the Tartarus 37th.

Haskanael 10-25-14 05:33 AM

Imperial guard definetly since winter assault realy

before winter assault, I would say space marines

Reaper45 10-25-14 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haskanael (Post 1936258)
Imperial guard definetly since winter assault realy

before winter assault, I would say space marines

IG in winter assault were OP, you could spam only guardsmen and cherry tap everything to death.

Myen'Tal 10-25-14 07:43 PM

Eldar or Sisters of Battle, I was probably better with Sisters, I never could really get down the "build Webway portals everywhere, strike from everywhere" thing. Guess I'm not much of a micro-manager:P.

Haskanael 10-25-14 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper45 (Post 1936938)
IG in winter assault were OP, you could spam only guardsmen and cherry tap everything to death.

I honestly never played anything behond the campaign in Winter Assault

Loki1416 10-26-14 03:28 AM

SoB were fun to play but I would say my fav would be Tau. Had fun upgrading so my leader was invis and would put a few stealth teams with him and just go out and wreck face. Hammerheads were also fun. Two of those with four of the missle boat tanks (name is eluding me atm) was a lot of fun too.

revilo44 10-26-14 07:10 AM

SoB or eldar for me

LordNecross 10-26-14 07:36 AM

I knew about the Table Top Hobby when I was young, as My mom brought me to a store, but I quickly forgot about it. Dawn of War made me fall in love with the Warhammer universe. Specifically Dark Crusade.

I was an Instant Necron Fanboy, and still am, and will be for the foreseeable future. Warhammer game with crons, is a game I want.