Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   40k Fluff (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/18-40k-fluff/)
-   -   Would you like to see guilliman return to 40k? (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/40k-fluff/168689-would-you-like-see-guilliman-return-40k.html)

Garviel loken. 09-24-14 10:27 PM

Would you like to see guilliman return to 40k?

After hinting on another thread that guilliman may return, a few people commeted saying very interesting things. I think guilliman returning is just what 40k needs. Someone mentioned he would start his own great crusade which is a wonderful idea! So gents, what do you think?

Child-of-the-Emperor 09-24-14 10:57 PM

What confuses me is how would he suddenly start a new Great Crusade? :wacko:

Tawa 09-24-14 11:06 PM

I'd like to see a Primarch return. If it's Rowboat, then fair enough as he's the master logistician etc.

Plus, I'd give a kidney to see him beat his way into the High Lords chamber. "What the actual fuck are you bunch of muppets playing at!?" :laugh:

Vaz 09-24-14 11:06 PM

Why would it make it any more interesting? The timeline's not going to advance enough. Fantasy CAN advance, and IS, but 40K? Can't actually see where having Rowboat wake up actually will.

The argument of "he's healing while in stasis" doesn't hold true, because if he's healing in stasis, then he's going to be able to heal outside of stasis. It was one of McNeil's typical stupid throwaway lines.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Brobaddon 09-24-14 11:09 PM

Mhm. First Great Crusade was possible because of the fall of the Eldar race. Orks were there but were a minor threat, and Dark Eldar were still forming fully in the commoragh i guess.

Gathering a massive army now would result in leaving Imperium full of vast holes in their defenses, which would be exploited by pretty much every race.

Albeit I guess this Great Crusade would be fought mainly by Astra militarum forces....?

Vitarus 09-24-14 11:11 PM

How many Primarchs are running around in 40K? Horus Heresy and Space Marine Battles is the only place I've personally seen them. I haven't read nearly as much as many of you, but I've read a good several since this post:
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=117260
So maybe I just haven't read the right books, but Primarchs are obviously not too common. It would be nice to see more of them.

Brobaddon 09-24-14 11:17 PM

Let's see. Angron and Mortarion only . Lorgar is locked in his tower fapping at his holy texts, and Perturabo is doing god knows what on Medrengard.

Dunno if I missed someone.

Fulgrim, but no idea if there's actually anything on him post heresy....

Khorne's Fist 09-25-14 12:02 AM

If Rowboat came back he wouldn't launch a new crusade, he'd have his hands full dealing with the mess the Imperium has become. It's like in UE. He wants to consolidate what they hold before he does anything drastic like going on the offensive. Any of the others might do things differently, but that's what Guilliman is bred for.

Vaz 09-25-14 12:04 AM

Lion El'Johnson - kept in the Rock
-
Fulgrim - Ascended to Daemon Primarch
Perturabo - on Medrengard
Khan - in the webway hunting Eldar
Russ - in the Warp, coming at "the wolf time"
Dorn - presumed dead, only found his fist following an assault on a Chaos Cruiser
Curze - killed by M'Shen to prove a point to the Imperium
Sanguinius - killed by Horus on the Vengeful Spirit
Ferrus - killed by Fulgrim at the Dropsite Massacre
-
Angron - still alive, lead the first war for Armageddon, banished to warp for a thousand years by Aurelian
Rowboat - poisoned by Fulgrim during the scouring, in stasis on macragge, possibly still alive
Mortarion - still alive, has an autograph of Draigo on his heart, turned a daemon world to become Barbarus
Magnus - still alive, not too happy about his legion turning into cybermen
Horus - killed by big Emperor on Vengeful Spirit at the end of the Siege of Terra
Lorgar - Still alive post heresy
Vulkan - last seen to be insane, hunted by Curze, and also a Perpetual. Location unknown, presumed alive
Corax - presumed alive, gone into the warp, "Nevermore".
Alpharius - unknown. Rumours of his death were fabricated. Presumed alive, but who really knows?
Omegon - unknown. Omegon came after the information about Alpharius' "death".

That's 7 Primarchs known to be alive, 1 presumed, and Omegon's unknown (and neither is it known which side they'd fall on now), of the loyalists, there are 5 still presumed to be alive (although only 3 are presumed Compus Mentus), 1 presumed dead (but equally still possible to be alive?), and 1 wounded, but possibly still alive but trapped in Stasis.

Best case scenario for the loyalists is Dorn is found missing a hand, Rowboat is brought out of Stasis and heals up, Vulkan and the Lion become sane once more, and seeing the nature of the war, Alpharius+Omegon return to the Imperium, plus the 3 others come back - which results in 9 loyalists versus 7 heretics - or maybe to show the division in the AL, it becomes 8 loyalists versus 8 heretics - with the twins on either side of the war.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Garviel loken. 09-25-14 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vaz (Post 1904337)
Why would it make it any more interesting? The timeline's not going to advance enough. Fantasy CAN advance, and IS, but 40K? Can't actually see where having Rowboat wake up actually will.

The argument of "he's healing while in stasis" doesn't hold true, because if he's healing in stasis, then he's going to be able to heal outside of stasis. It was one of McNeil's typical stupid throwaway lines.

well, in angel exterminatus there is a device that can heal people in stasis, so you never know