Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/29-off-topic/)
-   -   nine year old kills gun instructor during lesson (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/off-topic/165674-nine-year-old-kills-gun-instructor-during-lesson.html)

bitsandkits 08-27-14 05:42 PM

nine year old kills gun instructor during lesson

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-28948946

So a nine year old is getting taught to shoot.... an UZI it slips into fully auto and she looses control and blows her instructor away.

So whats your feelings on teaching preteens how to use fully automatic weapons ?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

gen.ahab 08-27-14 05:51 PM

13 Attachment(s)
Sad that the dude is dead, even more so for the 9 year old little girl who has to live with it, but you do not give a fully automatic weapon to a fucking 9 year old! Or, honestly any gun at all, really. They're not tools for children to play with. Dude was a dumbass. I'm just thankful that the child wasn't hurt.

scscofield 08-27-14 06:06 PM

Bullets and Burgers..... I am sure this is definitely what was in mind when the 2nd was created....

::wanders off before all the gun fetish fucktards rise up to defend their 'rights'::

darkreever 08-27-14 06:12 PM

I can understand teaching children, of any age, proper gun use, safety, maintenance, and care; but you don't do that with an automatic weapon. Its like teaching someone to ride a bike, you don't start with a motorcycle.

That said, I'm with 'field and shall now walk away before those 'rights' start getting defended.

Vaz 08-27-14 06:20 PM

Fuck walking, I'm watching.

*Grabs popcorn for when Reaper45 gets here.*

Oh yeah, and shit to hear about the fucking idiot who got himself shot in the head for doing something retarded.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

scscofield 08-27-14 06:23 PM

Honestly I feel sorry for the kid, she is the one with the front row seat to a head shot. Fuck the family for going to a 'tourist' spot and placing her in that position though.

bitsandkits 08-27-14 07:02 PM

I find it alarming that the report says its common in parts of the US for young children to learn to shoot, now I get that in some rural places kids are taught to hunt or to protect live stock, or maybe sports shooting( I used to target shoot with air guns as a kid) but this is hugely irresponsible, the range says they havent had an incident in 12 years, well by fuck they have now, but more to the point who thought this was a good idea in the first place??? I know the debate always comes down to "why should the responsible gun owners be penalised?" But this happened at a gun club with the support of her parents, clearly what constitutes "responsible "needs to be questioned too.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Sethis 08-27-14 07:08 PM

Tbh I think it would be a bit of fun for a kid to be able to fire a fully automatic weapon. Not be taught anything about it, just able to pull the trigger and hear the noise and get the feel.

However the automatic weapon should be bolted onto an immovable wall that cannot pivot or move in any way, and be permanently locked facing downrange, hitting a target that is safely fenced off so no-one can go near it. So basically the kid gets to pull the trigger and nothing else.

Allowing 8 year olds to freely handle and aim fully automatic weapons (or anything higher powered than an air rifle, really) is self evidently moronic, to my mind.

Alsojames 08-27-14 07:11 PM

Shooting a BB gun is one thing. Learning to hunt or protect lifestock is one thing. Most hunting rifles are single-shot, bolt-action rifles.

A fucking Uzi? Not just a fucking Uzi but a fucking Uzi on full auto? Are you freaking kidding me?

DeathJester921 08-27-14 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitsandkits (Post 1868946)
I find it alarming that the report says its common in parts of the US for young children to learn to shoot.

With rifles and/or shotguns. Not with automatic firearms. I was taught back in elementary how to safely handle and operate a shotgun, because I constantly went on dove hunts with my dad. Never have I fired a fully automatic firearm though.

Snokvor 08-27-14 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alsojames (Post 1868986)
Shooting a BB gun is one thing. Learning to hunt or protect lifestock is one thing. Most hunting rifles are single-shot, bolt-action rifles.

A fucking Uzi? Not just a fucking Uzi but a fucking Uzi on full auto? Are you freaking kidding me?

Word. I've herd that the standard Israel army house clearing technique includes loading an UZI with a full clip and throwing it inside where it goes off until it spends all rounds.

Giving such a firearm to 9-year old was a Darwin award decision.

Tawa 08-27-14 10:55 PM

*Le Sigh*

Nacho libre 08-28-14 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tawa (Post 1869562)
*Le Sigh*

but im *le tired*

Fire Lord 08-28-14 12:47 AM

I guess I'm supposed to say, "It's her right to shoot the instructor in the head."
LOL.
This is FAIL on so many levels. I've had a weapon in my hands for 25 some years. My son has had one in his for 2 now. I sure wouldn't be doing what they did. I took it slow, working up with age and maturity. So is my son. I still have yet to shoot a type 2 automatic weapon. But I wouldn't let my son do it. Oh well. Let's blame every other gun owner for a stupid parent.
I ain't starting anything with anyone.

Loki1416 08-28-14 01:52 AM

I'm all for teaching kids to PROPERLY handle a firearm in a safe, teaching enviroment. My dad taught me first with a BB gun and we progressed from there. At 12yrs old, I went to hunters safety training school. I have taught my own son how to be safe. But there is no way in hell I would hand over a loaded fully auto weapon to a child. That right there is a total iresponsibility on the adults part.

Alsojames 08-28-14 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nacho libre (Post 1869682)
but im *le tired*

Well take a nap

THEN FIRE ZE MISSILES

I'm gonna leave before I derail this thread any further.

Reaper45 08-28-14 03:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alsojames (Post 1868986)

Don't knock it till you try it. It's fun to do in a safe environment.

But this time I'm with everyone else saying that instructor screwed up. When I learned to shoot it was with bolt action, lever action and break barrels, the way the odds of something bad happening was low.

When I first started shooting semi's they had a single round till I proved that I could handle the recoil.

but yeah this wasn't a good idea.

Nacho libre 08-28-14 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alsojames (Post 1869738)
Well take a nap

THEN FIRE ZE MISSILES

I'm gonna leave before I derail this thread any further.

Best YouTube vid ever

Moriouce 08-28-14 09:21 AM

I have problems understanding why people get surprised about these things happening. As long as the gun laws are as they are. Kids will shoot others. Take it as a casultie for the greater good of your right to have a loaded Gun in your dresser or change your laws so they must be unloaded and locked away.

Roninman 08-28-14 11:11 AM

Blame parents and instructor. Kids this young should have no business firing automatic weapons, they should still play with waterguns..

Alsojames 08-28-14 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper45 (Post 1869802)
Don't knock it till you try it. It's fun to do in a safe environment.

There's nothing wrong with firing an Uzi on full auto. However, there is a problem with firing an Uzi on full auto if you're a 9 year old.

Quote:

When I learned to shoot it was with bolt action, lever action and break barrels, the way the odds of something bad happening was low.
Which is what they should've done with the daughter.

Serpion5 08-28-14 01:13 PM

So, guns shouldn't be allowed near children. To think otherwise is a rather silly idea. :whistle:

DeathKlokk 08-28-14 02:27 PM

Serp, the world is chock full of silly ideas.

Alsojames 08-28-14 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Serpion5 (Post 1870258)
So, guns shouldn't be allowed near children. To think otherwise is a rather silly idea. :whistle:

You freedom hating communist!
-most radical rightwingers

scscofield 08-28-14 11:24 PM

Serpion5 08-29-14 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeathKlokk (Post 1870346)
Serp, the world is chock full of silly ideas.

Oh, well that makes it okay. :crazy:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alsojames (Post 1871258)
You freedom hating communist!
-most radical rightwingers

Freedom comes at the cost of security. In cases like these, I know easily which I'd rather have. There is no justification for the average citizen to have access to military grade assault weapons.

emporershand89 09-01-14 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alsojames (Post 1870234)
When I learned to shoot it was with bolt action

Ah, the days when .22 Rifles were mainstream. They really should return to those.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Serpion5 (Post 1870258)
o, guns shouldn't be allowed near children

You mean Assault Weapons shouldn't be near children. Why a 9yr old....I have no clue. No child should use a AW, SMG, LMG, MG, HOWs, or Hand Grenades; it is a mans tool for war not fun. On the opposing side all paperwork was filed, and the instructor probably knew what he was doing and trusted the girl could handle the weapon.

If anything what I find incredulous is that more people are not sympathetic to the girl. If you see the Unrated Video the shoot splatters blood all over the girls face, and she is clearly stunned (like a bad Anime death scene). If anything we should grieve for the Instructor, but feel pity for the girl; for she will have to live with the knowledge and memory of being a murder for the rest of her life. :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by Serpion5 (Post 1872026)
There is no justification for the average citizen to have access to military grade assault weapons

So if I do purchase my M16A4 Assault Rifle I had in the Army.....your gonna take that from me? I think not good sir, I think not

Vaz 09-01-14 08:32 AM

Why not? I don't carry my SA80 or my C8 with me. Aussies don't have their Steyrs?

How long ago were you in the army to have an A4?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Snokvor 09-01-14 10:21 AM

Uzi is not an "assault weapon". In this particular case it was a selective fire submachine gun model but they also come as semi-auto.

Moriouce 09-01-14 10:38 AM

I guess this is one of those arguments why US have not signed the UN childrens convention. 'We want our children to have access to guns'

Serpion5 09-01-14 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emporershand89 (Post 1875882)
You mean Assault Weapons shouldn't be near children.

No, I mean fucking guns in general shouldn't be near kids. They're deadly weapons no matter which way you look at ti and shouldn't be treated as toys.

Quote:

Originally Posted by emporershand89 (Post 1875882)
So if I do purchase my M16A4 Assault Rifle I had in the Army.....your gonna take that from me? I think not good sir, I think not

Well, whether I could take it or not is a matter of circumstance, but if you were going to throw out a challenge like that it is pretty certain that you'd need it. :whistle:

Vaz 09-01-14 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snokvor (Post 1876098)
Uzi is not an "assault weapon". In this particular case it was a selective fire submachine gun model but they also come as semi-auto.

Depends on the definition of "assault weapon".

A burp gun with the ability to fire on full-automatic pretty much falls under any sane persons definition of assault weapon.

Snokvor 09-01-14 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vaz (Post 1876938)
Depends on the definition of "assault weapon".

A burp gun with the ability to fire on full-automatic pretty much falls under any sane persons definition of assault weapon.

There is only one definition of an "assault weapon":
"An assault rifle is a select fire shoulder arm chambered for an intermediate power rifle cartridge capable of being fed from a detachable magazine."

Under you definition, a BB gun, firing plastic balls, utilizing an internal electrical motor and made of clear plastic is an "assault weapon". Even if it looks like from a Sci-Fi movie and not an exact replica of a real firearm.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Serpion5 (Post 1876922)
No, I mean fucking guns in general shouldn't be near kids. They're deadly weapons no matter which way you look at ti and shouldn't be treated as toys.

We in Canada have a Cadet Corps (Army, Navy, Air Force). They are teenagers who are involved in militaristic/fitness training. As far as I know they get to fire .22 rifles and I have never herd of a rifle jumping in their hands and killing anyone. It must be a special Canadian air.

Old Man78 09-01-14 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snokvor (Post 1877042)
"An assault rifle is a select fire shoulder arm chambered for an intermediate power rifle cartridge capable of being fed from a detachable magazine."

That is the definition of an "assault rifle" not an "assault weapon"

"An assault weapon is any of various semi or fully automatic firearms, especially assault rifles but not exclusively"

Reaper45 09-01-14 11:48 PM

Quote:

Under you definition, a BB gun, firing plastic balls, utilizing an internal electrical motor and made of clear plastic is an "assault weapon". Even if it looks like from a Sci-Fi movie and not an exact replica of a real firearm.

We in Canada have a Cadet Corps (Army, Navy, Air Force). They are teenagers who are involved in militaristic/fitness training. As far as I know they get to fire .22 rifles and I have never herd of a rifle jumping in their hands and killing anyone. It must be a special Canadian air.

No they switched to pellet guns last I heard.

Apparently whiny parents who don't understand what a .22 is complained.

Sethis 09-02-14 12:31 AM

Quote:

I'm assuming you realise the difference between a 9yr old with an Uzi and a teenager with (probably) the lowest powered semi-auto/bolt action rifle money can buy.

Vaz 09-02-14 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper45 (Post 1877066)
No they switched to pellet guns last I heard.

Apparently whiny parents who don't understand what a .22 is complained.

Why does a cadet need to learn how to shoot a bmg?

Reaper45 09-02-14 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vaz (Post 1877122)
Why does a cadet need to learn how to shoot a bmg?

.22's count as a BMG? who knew.

Snokvor 09-02-14 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldman78 (Post 1877058)
That is the definition of an "assault rifle" not an "assault weapon"

"An assault weapon is any of various semi or fully automatic firearms, especially assault rifles but not exclusively"

By the definition of the "assault rifle" the "assault weapon" can not be "semi-auto" especially if no any other distinctive characteristics are given.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper45 (Post 1877066)
No they switched to pellet guns last I heard. Apparently whiny parents who don't understand what a .22 is complained.

In my time, some of the senior cadets were also trained on C7A1 and went with my battalion for yearly shooting qualification to the range.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sethis (Post 1877106)
I'm assuming you realise the difference between a 9yr old with an Uzi and a teenager with (probably) the lowest powered semi-auto/bolt action rifle money can buy.

I know the difference, it's Serpion5 who thinks that kids and "fucking guns in general" shouldn't be together.

Snokvor 09-02-14 03:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper45 (Post 1877146)
.22's count as a BMG? who knew.

He is from UK. They are only allowed side by side shotguns there as everything else is an "assault weapon". It's our future if the Liberals win again in the federal election. As much as I hate Harper and his buddies at least they were smart enough to bring down the moronic gun registry for the non-restricted class. The only thing I am jealous of UK is their law allowing them the use of sound suppressors for "health reasons and the elimination of noise pollution".