Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/29-off-topic/)
-   -   nine year old kills gun instructor during lesson (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/off-topic/165674-nine-year-old-kills-gun-instructor-during-lesson.html)

Alsojames 08-28-14 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper45 (Post 1869802)
Don't knock it till you try it. It's fun to do in a safe environment.

There's nothing wrong with firing an Uzi on full auto. However, there is a problem with firing an Uzi on full auto if you're a 9 year old.

Quote:

When I learned to shoot it was with bolt action, lever action and break barrels, the way the odds of something bad happening was low.
Which is what they should've done with the daughter.

Serpion5 08-28-14 01:13 PM

So, guns shouldn't be allowed near children. To think otherwise is a rather silly idea. :whistle:

DeathKlokk 08-28-14 02:27 PM

Serp, the world is chock full of silly ideas.

Alsojames 08-28-14 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Serpion5 (Post 1870258)
So, guns shouldn't be allowed near children. To think otherwise is a rather silly idea. :whistle:

You freedom hating communist!
-most radical rightwingers

scscofield 08-28-14 11:24 PM

Serpion5 08-29-14 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeathKlokk (Post 1870346)
Serp, the world is chock full of silly ideas.

Oh, well that makes it okay. :crazy:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alsojames (Post 1871258)
You freedom hating communist!
-most radical rightwingers

Freedom comes at the cost of security. In cases like these, I know easily which I'd rather have. There is no justification for the average citizen to have access to military grade assault weapons.

emporershand89 09-01-14 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alsojames (Post 1870234)
When I learned to shoot it was with bolt action

Ah, the days when .22 Rifles were mainstream. They really should return to those.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Serpion5 (Post 1870258)
o, guns shouldn't be allowed near children

You mean Assault Weapons shouldn't be near children. Why a 9yr old....I have no clue. No child should use a AW, SMG, LMG, MG, HOWs, or Hand Grenades; it is a mans tool for war not fun. On the opposing side all paperwork was filed, and the instructor probably knew what he was doing and trusted the girl could handle the weapon.

If anything what I find incredulous is that more people are not sympathetic to the girl. If you see the Unrated Video the shoot splatters blood all over the girls face, and she is clearly stunned (like a bad Anime death scene). If anything we should grieve for the Instructor, but feel pity for the girl; for she will have to live with the knowledge and memory of being a murder for the rest of her life. :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by Serpion5 (Post 1872026)
There is no justification for the average citizen to have access to military grade assault weapons

So if I do purchase my M16A4 Assault Rifle I had in the Army.....your gonna take that from me? I think not good sir, I think not

Vaz 09-01-14 08:32 AM

Why not? I don't carry my SA80 or my C8 with me. Aussies don't have their Steyrs?

How long ago were you in the army to have an A4?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Snokvor 09-01-14 10:21 AM

Uzi is not an "assault weapon". In this particular case it was a selective fire submachine gun model but they also come as semi-auto.

Moriouce 09-01-14 10:38 AM

I guess this is one of those arguments why US have not signed the UN childrens convention. 'We want our children to have access to guns'