Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   40k Rules Discussion (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/17-40k-rules-discussion/)
-   -   Stormravens shooting (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/40k-rules-discussion/162810-stormravens-shooting.html)

psactionman 07-31-14 07:45 PM

Stormravens shooting

I re-read the rulebook today and I have been playing Stormravens and other flyers wrong. Just to see if it is just me who is crazy, I have a question for you. How many weapons can a Stormraven fire at full BS in a turn they did not Jink?

mayegelt 07-31-14 08:34 PM

4 if they moving combat or cruising while zooming.
2 if hovering and cruising speed.
All if hovering but also moving combat speed or stationary.

Gret79 07-31-14 09:37 PM

Does power of the machine spirit not mean 5 guns?
4 and 1 extra due to potms.
I'd love to be wrong though - I hate the damn things :grin:

mayegelt 08-01-14 06:55 AM

Yes if the vehicle has PotMS will give it an extra attack.
Remember the Chaos Version of a Stormraven doesn't get PotMS. As I wasn't sure if you were talking about SM, CSM or GK so didn't include the extra PotMS attack.

Deus Mortis 08-01-14 08:20 AM

Well, PotMS only gives it another weapon to fire if it HAS another weapon it could fire.

For example, my Grey Knight Storm Raven has a twin-linked Multi-Melta, a twin-linked Plasma Cannon, 2 Hurricane Bolters (1 on each side) and 4 Mindstrike missiles (of which it can only fire 2 in a turn). That means it has a total of 6 weapons it COULD fire. So if it it is Zooming, with PotMS, it can fire any 5 of those 6 weapons and one can be at a different target to the rest.

Now, let's say that the Storm Raven only has a twin-linked Multi-Melta, a twin-linked Plasma Cannon, and 4 Mindstrike missiles (of which it can only fire 2 in a turn). That means that it has a total of 4 weapons it can fire on any given turn. Now, you can use PotMS to allow one of those weapons to fire at a different target, but you can still only fire 4 weapons, because the Storm Raven only has 4 weapons it CAN fire. PotMS doesn't let you fire one of those weapons twice.

psactionman 08-01-14 03:47 PM

Well, my gaming group and I have been operating under the impression it was 4 weapons period, even if they had other weapons to fire. Apparently it was just us...now I feel quite the dumb.

mayegelt 08-01-14 06:33 PM

Yeah PotMS gives you an additional one, regardless of what vehicle.

ntaw 08-01-14 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mayegelt (Post 1834610)
Remember the Chaos Version of a Stormraven doesn't get PotMS.

Whoa, did I miss something? When did Chaos get the Stormraven?!

...or do you think you're talking about Land Raiders?

Mossy Toes 08-02-14 04:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ntaw (Post 1835994)
Whoa, did I miss something? When did Chaos get the Stormraven?!

...or do you think you're talking about Land Raiders?

I assume Forge World; mayegelt tends to rhapsodize about Zhufor and Storm Eagles, etc. :P

mayegelt 08-02-14 11:45 AM

As Mossy said, its one of the impy armour books as far as I remember. I know Imp Armour Apoc 2013 has Storm Eagle, I think Storm Raven is in a separate one, might be mistaken.