Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Chaos Daemon Army Lists (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/152-chaos-daemon-army-lists/)
-   -   1k Daemons (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/chaos-daemon-army-lists/159994-1k-daemons.html)

Words_of_Truth 07-10-14 01:36 PM

1k Daemons

So I put together a 1k list for daemons after some feedback from elsewhere originally I was just going to use daemons as allies for my Word Bearers but if I figured I could branch out into a a proper army and this is the list I've come up with after feedback and looking at other threads. I noticed the DP of Slaanesh in another thread and was interested by it but I Think it relied to much on getting the right powers.

HQ
Daemon Prince of Nurgle - Psyker lvl 2 / Greater Reward - Balesword / Daemonic flight - 270
Karanak - 120

Troops
Bloodletters (20) - Bloodreaper / Icon of Chaos / Banner of Blood - 225
Plaguebearers (10) - 90

Fast Attack
Seekers of Slaanesh - (10) - Heartseeker - 125

Heavy Support
Soul Grinder of Slaanesh - 150

Total - 1000

Mossy Toes 07-10-14 07:42 PM

I'd drop the Bloodreaper and Heartseeker upgrades, then one Bloodletter, so I could get power armor on the Prince. I know, you have a 2+ cover save... but that won't help you in combat or against Ignores Cover shots. I'd also be tempted to drop another 2 Bloodletters in exchange for Torrent on the Soul Grinder.

Other than that, looks like a slick little list for 1k points.

Words_of_Truth 07-10-14 07:51 PM

I kept messing with it so I forgot to change things this is how it looks atm after correcting the stuff and adding in your suggestions.

HQ
Daemon Prince of Nurgle - Psyker lvl 2 / Greater Reward - Balesword / Daemonic flight / Warp-forged Armour - 290
Karanak - 120

Troops
Bloodletters (19) - Icon of Chaos / Banner of Blood - 215
Plaguebearers (10) - 90

Fast Attack
Seekers of Slaanesh (10) - 120

Heavy Support
Soul Grinder of Slaanesh - Baleful Torrent- 170

Total - 1000

otasolgryn 10-24-14 03:14 AM

karanak is there to provide scout and anti psyker stuff i assume.

to the blood letters?

do the 6" scout matter? or do they DS?

just cant help thinking that a herald on a jugger cost about the same....

mayegelt 10-24-14 08:36 AM

Personal pref would be dump the grinder and go for a plague hulk.

Mossy Toes 10-24-14 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by otasolgryn (Post 1935130)
just cant help thinking that a herald on a jugger cost about the same....

That's a fair point. At this points level, it's not like too many players are going to be running obscene psyker-spam, as much as Karanak is useful for countering that. You might be more effective with a Kherald on a Juggernaut w/ Greater Etherblade. Or swapping Bloodletters for Daemonettes with a Beguilement Slaherald.