Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Black Library Fiction (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/108-black-library-fiction/)
-   -   Legacies of Betrayal (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/black-library-fiction/157970-legacies-betrayal.html)

Lord of the Night 06-19-14 04:14 PM

Legacies of Betrayal
 
151 Attachment(s)
A new article is up on [email protected];

http://www.blacklibrary.com/new-at-b...r-spotted.html

Based on this we can be fairly sure that the next Horus Heresy novel, after The Damnation of Pythos, is Legacies of Betrayal which as far as I know is another novella collection. Apparently it will feature three novellas; one about Cypher, another about Fulgrim Post-Daemonic-Ascension, and a third that has yet to be teased/revealed.

Looking forward to this one. A chance to catch up with important characters that have undergone great changes or are close to undergoing great changes.

Edit: Cover released July 2nd,

http://i509.photobucket.com/albums/s...psb13752cb.jpg


LotN

Malus Darkblade 06-19-14 07:16 PM

Gav Thorpe.

Lord of the Night 06-19-14 09:21 PM

151 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Malus Darkblade (Post 1776906)
Gav Thorpe.

Yep. Gav Thorpe's Dark Angels. Nobody does them better. :grin:


LotN

Tawa 06-19-14 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malus Darkblade (Post 1776906)
Gav Thorpe.

Care to elaborate? :laugh:

Garviel loken. 06-19-14 10:32 PM

praying for ultramarines... tho i highly doubt it.

Child-of-the-Emperor 06-19-14 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord of the Night (Post 1777042)
Yep. Gav Thorpe's Dark Angels. Nobody does them better. :grin:


LotN

Savage Weapons suggests otherwise!

Malus Darkblade 06-19-14 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord of the Night (Post 1777042)
Yep. Gav Thorpe's Dark Angels. Nobody does them better. :grin:


LotN

Don't make me quote the air bubble abomination. It's almost as bad as Ben Counter's SoB killing Grey Knights with their fists.

theurge33 06-20-14 01:56 AM

Cypher will be real nice :)

Vaz 06-20-14 03:41 AM


Angel of Blood 06-20-14 06:18 AM

I'm assuming for his own sake, that LotN was joking.

MontytheMighty 06-20-14 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angel of Blood (Post 1777482)
I'm assuming for his own sake, that LotN was joking.

It's hard to tell. He's a big fan of Fear to Tread

Lord of the Night 06-20-14 08:04 AM

151 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Child-of-the-Emperor (Post 1777170)
Savage Weapons suggests otherwise!

ADB only really did The Lion and Corswain as characters in that short, he didn't go into the Legion indepth. Thorpe is the only established author that has done that. And Mike Lee I suppose but I doubt that it's his Dark Angels people want.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malus Darkblade (Post 1777250)
Don't make me quote the air bubble abomination. It's almost as bad as Ben Counter's SoB killing Grey Knights with their fists.

You have quoted that argument to me before and I have offered my opinion. I disagree.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angel of Blood (Post 1777482)
I'm assuming for his own sake, that LotN was joking.

I was not. Angels of Darkness, Ravenwing, Master of Sanctity and the associated short stories are brilliant. I like Gav Thorpe, and I see no reason that should be a source of ridicule.

Also I find that "for his own sake" rather condescending.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MontytheMighty (Post 1777506)
It's hard to tell. He's a big fan of Fear to Tread

Yeah I am. It was a good book in my opinion, which to me is the opinion that gets the final/only vote.


LotN

Anakwanar 06-20-14 11:20 AM

And all that means - that except for 'The Damnation of Pythos' release for everyone, this Anthology (HH31) - is the only 'Horus Heresy' thing, that would be released this year.
Kind of sucks :(

Angel of Blood 06-20-14 11:30 AM

Oh. Well either way I'll not be holding my breath for more Thorpe pish.

Honestly with the Heresy series now, if it isn't ADB, Abnett or Wraight, then I'm not gonna get too excited or keen about the novel.

Garviel loken. 06-20-14 12:42 PM

If you look at the bottom corner of the cypher pic you can see blue and gold. An ultramarine?

Vaz 06-20-14 02:04 PM

Good eyes. Would be understandable considering the current location of the Lion, and as Cypher was kept by his side, it would make sense he didn't go fucking around with Corswain hunting Typhon.



100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Squire 06-20-14 02:14 PM

Lexicanum has The Damnation of Pythos up next, with The Crimson King listed next. Anyone heard anything about TCK? There's nothing on Lexicanum except that it's Graham McNeill and it's coming this year

Anakwanar 06-20-14 02:20 PM

The Crimson King would not be release until summer 2015. McNeil said himself - right now only 2 chapters are written

Squire 06-20-14 02:27 PM

Never mind. Thanks anyway :(

Garviel loken. 06-20-14 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vaz (Post 1777922)
Good eyes. Would be understandable considering the current location of the Lion, and as Cypher was kept by his side, it would make sense he didn't go fucking around with Corswain hunting Typhon.

This makes me very happy. Long live the xiii

Angel of Blood 06-20-14 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vaz (Post 1777922)
Good eyes. Would be understandable considering the current location of the Lion, and as Cypher was kept by his side, it would make sense he didn't go fucking around with Corswain hunting Typhon.

I thought Cypher was on Caliban?

Malus Darkblade 06-20-14 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vaz (Post 1777426)
Quote away, I've forgotten.




Purging of Kadillus

Doelago 06-20-14 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malus Darkblade (Post 1778250)


Purging of Kadillus

Oh my god...

Vaz 06-21-14 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angel of Blood (Post 1778234)
I thought Cypher was on Caliban?

You probably know better than me. I thought the purpose of "the cypher" was that he was a secret keeper, and so stayed with the Lion?



100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Lord of the Night 06-23-14 11:18 AM

151 Attachment(s)
I'm not sure how accurate this is but according to someone whose information has proved correct in the past, the authors involved in this anthology are Gav Thorpe, Chris Wraight and ADB. So, for me at least, yay, yay and hyper-yay.


LotN

Child-of-the-Emperor 06-23-14 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord of the Night (Post 1780986)
I'm not sure how accurate this is but according to someone whose information has proved correct in the past, the authors involved in this anthology are Gav Thorpe, Chris Wraight and ADB. So, for me at least, yay, yay and hyper-yay.


LotN

Any other specific info on the actual stories?

Lord of the Night 06-23-14 08:00 PM

151 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Child-of-the-Emperor (Post 1781234)
Any other specific info on the actual stories?

No. Only what we know from the cover arts. At the Weekender a cover art was revealed of Daemon Fulgrim and was said to be a piece of the cover for the next HH Anthology. Legacies of Betrayal. And now Cypher has been revealed, and with a smidge of Ultramarine blue on the cover.

So likely those are the three stories. My guess;

Cypher Story - Gav Thorpe
Ultramarine Story - Chris Wraight
Fulgrim Story - ADB (I hope)


LotN

Garviel loken. 06-23-14 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord of the Night (Post 1781674)
No. Only what we know from the cover arts. At the Weekender a cover art was revealed of Daemon Fulgrim and was said to be a piece of the cover for the next HH Anthology. Legacies of Betrayal. And now Cypher has been revealed, and with a smidge of Ultramarine blue on the cover.

So likely those are the three stories. My guess;

Cypher Story - Gav Thorpe
Ultramarine Story - Chris Wraight
Fulgrim Story - ADB (I hope)


LotN

i was thinking that maybe the ultramarines would tie in with the cypher story, but i hope your right and they get there own!

Child-of-the-Emperor 06-23-14 10:12 PM

I just looked at the Cypher image and to be honest I wouldn't say with any certainty that that is part of an Ultramarine in the corner! It could easily be something else.

Garviel loken. 06-23-14 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Child-of-the-Emperor (Post 1781818)
I just looked at the Cypher image and to be honest I wouldn't say with any certainty that that is part of an Ultramarine in the corner! It could easily be something else.

it does look very promising tho. That certainly looks like a shoulder gaurd

Anakwanar 06-24-14 11:54 AM

Ok - due to torture and murdering of grots i found out that
Quote:

At the Weekender a cover art was revealed of Daemon Fulgrim
is not a cover for Legacies of Betrayal anthology, and it will not contain a story about Fulgrim from G.McNeil
It will have other cover and will contain Cypher Story - Gav Thorpe
Alaxxes or Arvida Story - Chris Wraight
Sevatar and a small girl - ADB

Lord of the Night 06-24-14 03:09 PM

151 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anakwanar (Post 1782090)
Sevatar and a small girl - ADB

According to ADB's facebook page, that particular story is slated to be an audio-drama.


What I read about the Fulgrim image is that it is part of a Daemonic Fulgrim novella that is a part of the next HH novella anthology. Legacies of Betrayal. Nothing was said about which author was doing it.


LotN

Anakwanar 06-25-14 08:54 AM

Quote:

According to ADB's facebook page, that particular story is slated to be an audio-drama.
Yes, but it would be later - as a separate title. As you could see with their releases this year (each novella or short ) will be getting an audio treatment. So, we will see.

Quote:

Fulgrim image is that it is part of a Daemonic Fulgrim novella that is a part of the next HH novella anthology. Legacies of Betrayal
Yeap - and i thought that myself, after the HH Weekender. But something has changed since when. Maybe McNeil can't finish it in time, or something else - i don't know. But it is not a part of Legacies of Betrayal anymore. It seems his story was replaced with Gav's Cypher story

Vaz 06-25-14 12:32 PM

Has someone gone all Lee Harvery Oswald on Graham McNeil to prevent him writing more tripe?



100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Lord of the Night 07-02-14 07:12 PM

151 Attachment(s)
The cover for Legacies of Betrayal is out and it turns out CotE was right. It wasn't Ultramarine blue/gold on the Cypher snippet.

http://i509.photobucket.com/albums/s...psb13752cb.jpg

It was Sevatar in this Who's Who of the Horus Heresy villains. Featuring Lucius, Calas Typhon, Argel Tal, Jago Sevatar, Azhek Ahriman, Kharn, Alpharius and Omegon, Maloghurst the Twisted, Cypher and possibly Forrix. All of whom are looking badass.


LotN

Vaz 07-02-14 07:46 PM


Angel of Blood 07-02-14 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord of the Night (Post 1791994)
The cover for Legacies of Betrayal is out and it turns out CotE was right. It wasn't Ultramarine blue/gold on the Cypher snippet.

http://i509.photobucket.com/albums/s...psb13752cb.jpg

It was Sevatar in this Who's Who of the Horus Heresy villains. Featuring Lucius, Calas Typhon, Argel Tal, Jago Sevatar, Azhek Ahriman, Kharn, Alpharius and Omegon, Maloghurst the Twisted, Cypher and possibly Forrix. All of whom are looking badass.


LotN

Those would be the most educated guesses, but some I'm still iffy on I guess. Typhon for instance is described as having a beard in his descriptions. Same for all the others really bar Kharn and Lucius actually.

Dead.Blue.Clown 07-02-14 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord of the Night (Post 1791994)
The cover for Legacies of Betrayal is out and it turns out CotE was right. It wasn't Ultramarine blue/gold on the Cypher snippet.

http://i509.photobucket.com/albums/s...psb13752cb.jpg

It was Sevatar in this Who's Who of the Horus Heresy villains. Featuring Lucius, Calas Typhon, Argel Tal, Jago Sevatar, Azhek Ahriman, Kharn, Alpharius and Omegon, Maloghurst the Twisted, Cypher and possibly Forrix. All of whom are looking badass.


LotN

I'm not sure that's Sevatar. No backswept bat wings, no Nostraman crag cat on his shoulder guard, no chainglaive, and he looks like a common trooper. Nothing screams "First Captain of a Legion" there.

I could be wrong, natch. Just a guess on my part.

Angel of Blood 07-02-14 07:51 PM

Cypher of course is obvious too. All the others bar, Kharn, Lucius and Cypher though could just be generic marines from those legions, even Kharn isn't conclusive, other than that he is a captain. Those would be some of the main figureheads for the Legions, but no real telling. Alpharius and Omegon though are the two that I would say aren't right.

Angel of Blood 07-02-14 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dead.Blue.Clown (Post 1792050)
I'm not sure that's Sevatar. No backswept bat wings, no Nostraman crag cat on his shoulder guard, no chainglaive, and he looks like a common trooper. Nothing screams "First Captain of a Legion" there.

I could be wrong, natch. Just a guess on my part.

Pretty much what I was going to say too. Neither of the Sons of Horus look damaged enough to be Maloghurst, and Forrix was almost always described as being in his terminator armour. Nor does that supposed Gal Vorbak match Argel Tals descriptions as I've read them.


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:22 AM.

Powered by the Emperor of Man.


vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise v2.6.0 Beta 4 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome