Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Black Library Fiction (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/108-black-library-fiction/)
-   -   Legacies of Betrayal (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/black-library-fiction/157970-legacies-betrayal.html)

The Scion of Chemos 07-05-14 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckcrawford (Post 1794786)
I agree. McNeill went south surprisingly. I heard that Fulgrim's story will be covered by someone else. In a sense I feel bad, I mean that nobility just vanished. I also thought French was going to do a novel for the Heresy series but I might have heard wrong. I'm surprised they haven't added more members to the series to make more novels faster. Its been awfully slow. And I hope Dan stays in good health, it seemed like he was going through a few rough years.

What happened to McNeill?

Dead.Blue.Clown 07-05-14 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckcrawford (Post 1794786)
I agree. McNeill went south surprisingly. I heard that Fulgrim's story will be covered by someone else. In a sense I feel bad, I mean that nobility just vanished. I also thought French was going to do a novel for the Heresy series but I might have heard wrong. I'm surprised they haven't added more members to the series to make more novels faster. Its been awfully slow. And I hope Dan stays in good health, it seemed like he was going through a few rough years.

Your sources are muchos shaky, dude. While everyone's free to write about whatever primarch they want, I don't think Graham's finished with Fulgrim. They've also brought in new authors several times in the last few years (Chris Wraight, Rob Sanders, John French, David Annandale, etc. two of whom now have HH novels released) to cover for the slowness and to give new folks a chance. And Dan had a rough few months three or four years ago, and has been fine since. He's focused on Marvel novels and video games lately, rather than BL, but last time I spoke to him (a few weeks back) he was tapping away on Gaunt's Ghosts again.

ckcrawford 07-05-14 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Scion of Chemos (Post 1794850)
What happened to McNeill?

He went south... Its quite curious how Abnett and ADB are my favorite and probably the favorite of the authors from the series. I remember ADB mentioning how their approach to the Heresy's were quite opposite. It works well though.

If Dan is spending more time with other works, would it be fair to say that ADB, McNeill and Thorpe are really the Heresy team for now?

Garviel loken. 07-06-14 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dead.Blue.Clown (Post 1795394)
Your sources are muchos shaky, dude. While everyone's free to write about whatever primarch they want, I don't think Graham's finished with Fulgrim. They've also brought in new authors several times in the last few years (Chris Wraight, Rob Sanders, John French, David Annandale, etc. two of whom now have HH novels released) to cover for the slowness and to give new folks a chance. And Dan had a rough few months three or four years ago, and has been fine since. He's focused on Marvel novels and video games lately, rather than BL, but last time I spoke to him (a few weeks back) he was tapping away on Gaunt's Ghosts again.

Agreed ADB.i think all bl authors are fantastic in there own ways. It's sad dan isn't focusing on the heresy ;) as for you... We'll I have some words for you. AFTER READING BETRAYER I JUST HAD TO SPEND MY HARD EARNED MONEY ON MORE FORGEWORLD MODELS BECAUSE I JUST ABSOLUTLY LOVED THE ULTRAMARINES IN IT. Thanks you very much destroyer of wallets.

Lord of the Night 07-06-14 02:46 PM

151 Attachment(s)
The proper cover has been released as well;

http://i509.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps0b5c0145.jpg

Let the Galaxy Burn feels appropriate to a villains-only anthology.

LotN

Dead.Blue.Clown 07-07-14 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckcrawford (Post 1795538)
He went south... Its quite curious how Abnett and ADB are my favorite and probably the favorite of the authors from the series. I remember ADB mentioning how their approach to the Heresy's were quite opposite. It works well though.

If Dan is spending more time with other works, would it be fair to say that ADB, McNeill and Thorpe are really the Heresy team for now?

Naw, the team is huge now. It's never been bigger. Rob Sanders is doing stuff, David Annandale just did Pythos, Chris Wraight's doing stuff, etc. etc.

I can see the appeal of doing other things, too. I've got a few more stories I want to tell in the HH over the next couple of years, then I'm considering taking a break from it for a while, as well.

Khorne's Fist 07-07-14 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dead.Blue.Clown (Post 1797218)
then I'm considering taking a break from it for a while, as well.

And write that Eldar love story at last?

Lord of the Night 07-07-14 08:50 PM

151 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Khorne's Fist (Post 1797346)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dead.Blue.Clown (Post 1797218)
Then I'm considering taking a break from it for a while, as well.

And write that Eldar love story at last?

While an Eldar, or Navigator as I recall it, love story would be cool, frankly i'm much more curious about this; (Specifically what it is.)

http://aarondembskibowden.wordpress....12/05/06/1320/

Whatever happened to... whatever that is?

LotN

Anakwanar 07-08-14 01:26 PM

Dead.Blue.Clown -
Quote:

Naw, the team is huge now. It's never been bigger. Rob Sanders is doing stuff, David Annandale just did Pythos, Chris Wraight's doing stuff, etc. etc.
- Aaron, no grievance intended - but i haven't read a HH full novel from last November (novellas and limited doesn't count). Damnation of Pythos was already read upon HH weekender - and now i can't see a HH full novel in the near future at all. So, I can't say, that we do feel huge team efforts on HH front :(

Because, what i see again for HH - are limited editions and anthologies (let be realistic - what is 'Legacies of Betrayal' if not an anthology of short stories?). Please don't take that personally. It's just seems, well - as it is.

Lord of the Night -
Quote:

- i concede, i want that too.

Garviel loken.
Quote:

It's sad dan isn't focusing on the heresy ;)
- different people, different opinions. I agree with you on Betrayer - but Dan's Unremembered Empire for me was the worst book in the Heresy so far. But i adorn his Inquisitor and Gaunt Ghosts series

Dead.Blue.Clown 07-08-14 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord of the Night (Post 1797378)
While an Eldar, or Navigator as I recall it, love story would be cool, frankly i'm much more curious about this; (Specifically what it is.)

LotN

That was written on a day when I was trying to kickstart my brain; it's a mishmash of a bunch of ideas I was having at the time. Some of it has gone into the fantasy novel I'm writing in my rare and precious free time, while one of the names (No Foes Remain) has gone into something 40K-related to (I think) be released later this year.