Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Black Library Fiction (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/108-black-library-fiction/)
-   -   Legacies of Betrayal (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/black-library-fiction/157970-legacies-betrayal.html)

Malus Darkblade 07-02-14 08:55 PM

Why would two Primarchs be on a cover with first captains? And depicted the furthest away.

Child-of-the-Emperor 07-02-14 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord of the Night (Post 1791994)
The cover for Legacies of Betrayal is out and it turns out CotE was right.

As always. :laugh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord of the Night (Post 1791994)
It wasn't Ultramarine blue/gold on the Cypher snippet.

http://i509.photobucket.com/albums/s...psb13752cb.jpg

It was Sevatar in this Who's Who of the Horus Heresy villains. Featuring Lucius, Calas Typhon, Argel Tal, Jago Sevatar, Azhek Ahriman, Kharn, Alpharius and Omegon, Maloghurst the Twisted, Cypher and possibly Forrix. All of whom are looking badass.

LotN

I'd echo the other comments in suggesting most of those characters you suggested are not actually depicted on this artwork.

Lord of the Night 07-02-14 09:51 PM

151 Attachment(s)
With some I do think it's fairly obvious who they are, for the others well.. here's my train of thought for each one;

Scarface: Pink armour, bald, lots of scars that look very neat, almost self-inflicted. Gotta be Lucius.
Spikehelm: No idea. Likely a generic Son of Horus.
World Eater: His axe holding hand is unarmoured and has chains. No chance that isn't Kharn.
Death Guard: Only two Traitor Death Guard that are at all established in the series thus far, sadly, and those are Typhon and Grulgor. Admittedly no beard means Typhon is unlikely but i'd think that Grulgor, by this phase of the Heresy, would look a helluva lot worse than that.
Thousand Son: Horn helmet. Ankh staff. Cloak. Ahriman being the main TS character in the series. Gonna go with him since Kharn and Lucius are there.
Word Bearer: That, though with subtle differences, is actually how I pictured Argel Tal by the time of The First Heretic. Horned. Crab-claw. Beastial and Daemonic face.
Night Lord: Bat-wing helmet absence lessens likelihood of Sevatar but he has gold on his armour, I don't common legionnaires would have that. So either Sevatar or Sheng. Probably the latter on reflection.
Iron Warrior: No idea really. Forrix was a guess. Could be Kroeger, or Barban Falk.
Alpha Legionnaires: Again Alpharius and Omegon was a guess. Either way though they'd answer to Alpharius. Could be Sheed Ranko or Ingo Pech.
Cypher: Obvious.
Banner-Bearer: Not damaged looking admittedly but Maloghurst is Horus's standard bearer. A possibility at least.

LotN

Vaz 07-02-14 10:56 PM

Sheed (or was it Pech?) Was killed at the end of the A-Team mission in the primarchs. Arkhan (of later Vraks fame) was a member of thebteam as well however.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Jacobite 07-02-14 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord of the Night (Post 1792154)
Death Guard: Only two Traitor Death Guard that are at all established in the series thus far, sadly, and those are Typhon and Grulgor. Admittedly no beard means Typhon is unlikely but i'd think that Grulgor, by this phase of the Heresy, would look a helluva lot worse than that.

Doesn't Typhon wear Cataphractii TDA and carry a power scythe though?

Angel of Blood 07-02-14 11:22 PM

It was Sheed Ranko yes.

Correct for Typhon as well. Terminator armour, scythe, beard or distinctive horned helmet. Though Typhon is the only notable Death Guard it could be, this leads me to think it is just a generic Death Guard. Lucius, Kharn and Cypher are certain. Ahriman is also pretty likely. But all of the others have nothing conclusive, neither do any of them have any of the distinguishing and identifying marks, weapons or armour that the main characters of her respective Legions.

theurge33 07-03-14 01:36 AM

Argel Tal had pretty large wings as well correct? I don't remember any of the Iron warriors "big three" having techmarine servo armsbut I could be wrong.

Child-of-the-Emperor 07-03-14 10:29 AM

I am looking forward to this compilation though. :)

Lord of the Night 07-03-14 10:36 AM

151 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Child-of-the-Emperor (Post 1792826)
I am looking forward to this compilation though. :)

As am I, it appears it will be a villainous anthology. So since ADB, Wraight and Thorpe are the writers we can reasonably guess at who they'll be writing;

ADB: Either Sevatar, Kharn or Argel Tal.
Wraight: I'm gonna go with Ahriman, perhaps as part of an Arvida story.
Thorpe: Cypher obviously.

LotN

ckcrawford 07-05-14 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angel of Blood (Post 1777794)
Oh. Well either way I'll not be holding my breath for more Thorpe pish.

Honestly with the Heresy series now, if it isn't ADB, Abnett or Wraight, then I'm not gonna get too excited or keen about the novel.

I agree. McNeill went south surprisingly. I heard that Fulgrim's story will be covered by someone else. In a sense I feel bad, I mean that nobility just vanished. I also thought French was going to do a novel for the Heresy series but I might have heard wrong. I'm surprised they haven't added more members to the series to make more novels faster. Its been awfully slow. And I hope Dan stays in good health, it seemed like he was going through a few rough years.