Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/29-off-topic/)
-   -   World Cup Talk (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/off-topic/157242-world-cup-talk.html)

SwedeMarine 06-12-14 04:46 PM

World Cup Talk

As many of you know in just a few short hours we will once again be enjoying some good old fashioned football action. As i do love a good football game (or soccer as they say here in america) i figured there should be a place to talk about it. Predictions and good natured jabs at how wrong our predictions for the outcome will be.

Personally from having seen many of the matches leading up to this cup i have to say that as much as i might not want it Spain stands a good chance again this year. Ill still be supporting The Germans however. And i simply refuse to Support and American team that leaves Landon Donovan at home on the bench.

How about you guys? Thoughts?

emporershand89 06-12-14 04:55 PM

First off if your an America why fly the Swedish flag? I'm confused :cray:

For the topic of the World Cup, am I the only American who has noticed the sudden, and massive, movement to cheer on our Team? For the 25 years I've been alive I have rarely, if ever, heard any big commotion about "Football(i.e Soccer)" here in America; and if anything it is usually played down by the Media.

Yet over the last Week "Soccermania," as my freind called it, has just smashed into the U.S; especially here on the East Coast. Can someone please tell me why??

Vaz 06-12-14 04:58 PM

emperorshand89; look at his name? As to why they're being supported, maybe they're getting disappointed that it's the American Womens team which is better supported than their men?

And Landon Donovan is just a fat Iniesta.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BpTJIOPCIAIxv78.jpg

Also, this is relevant. because Football, and Samurai.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gk4vnVsx2wc

Germans don't stand a chance. Brazil or Argentina, maybe Portugal to win.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

neferhet 06-12-14 05:09 PM

Brazil, otherwise street riot.
They are already pissed off for the massive amount of public money used to help a private company profit (FIFA) instead of, say, buildig popular houses or hospitals or schools. Damn it, Sao Paulo looks like Necromunda in some areas.
They are protesting (and protesters are beaten hard) right now, imagine if their team lose. They go full mad and embrace the Blood Pact Cult.

SwedeMarine 06-12-14 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emporershand89 (Post 1767898)
First off if your an America why fly the Swedish flag? I'm confused :cray:

that's simple. Because I'm a Swedish American. Born in Sweden Moved to US. Fought for US Overseas. and still live here. But that doesnt mean i dont value my roots.

Americans have a Hard time supporting any sports that didn't originate in the US except when their team is doing well or in international competition.

@Vaz You are right about Donovan now that you mention it.
and the best part about that video was that it was a Cuponoodle commercial.

bitsandkits 06-12-14 06:00 PM

Sports that originate in america you say? I cant think of any ?they just play other nations sports wrongly dont they?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

emporershand89 06-12-14 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SwedeMarine (Post 1768058)
Because I'm a Swedish American. Born in Sweden Moved to US. Fought for US Overseas. and still live here. But that doesnt mean i dont value my roots.

Damn let me be the first to shake your hand and thank you felolow Soldier. Thats quite a journey, but I'd say a treu "American" journey. Awesome!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vaz (Post 1767914)
Also, this is relevant. because Football, and Samurai.

HOLY FRAKK, FETH, BALLZ OF STEEL, FARTS!!!! :shok::shok::shok::shok: DID I JUST SEE THAT!!!

(Dunks head into bin of Ice Cold water at the break table). DAFAQ did I just see, especially in all that armor. Move over Brazil, Japanese got the new moves. That is going on FB, like right now!!

SwedeMarine 06-12-14 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitsandkits (Post 1768130)
Sports that originate in america you say? I cant think of any ?they just play other nations sports wrongly dont they?

That's about right ;)

Vaz 06-12-14 07:53 PM

2 hours in. I already want to punch that brum twat Adrian Chiles in the fucking face and dig out his eye balls with a rusty spork. bell end.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Khorne's Fist 06-12-14 08:12 PM

Belgium are gonna be the dark horses this time round. A lot of talent playing at the highest level.