Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   40k Fluff (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/18-40k-fluff/)
-   -   Aeonid Thiel....where is he?(some spoilers) (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/40k-fluff/156770-aeonid-thiel-where-he-some-spoilers.html)

Garviel loken. 06-09-14 04:16 AM

Aeonid Thiel....where is he?(some spoilers)

After reading unremembered empire and finding out that the "thiel" in the book was an alpha legion spy, it left me wondering, where is the real thiel?

emporershand89 06-09-14 05:09 AM

That...........is a very good question. I honestly have it on my list to read after I finish the Caiaphas Cain novel (still 100 to go and it's an epic Tyranid Slaughter). Could you site where they mention about that....the book/Alpha Legion?

Garviel loken. 06-09-14 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emporershand89 (Post 1762698)
That...........is a very good question. I honestly have it on my list to read after I finish the Caiaphas Cain novel (still 100 to go and it's an epic Tyranid Slaughter). Could you site where they mention about that....the book/Alpha Legion?

Will site as soon as I am home. Do you want a brief quote also?

Angel of Blood 06-09-14 07:59 PM

I assume he's still about somewhere in Ultramar, probably still on Calth, Guilliman certainly still believed him to be fighting the Underworld War there. A few people think he's dead, due to the infiltrators taking on his identity, but I doubt it. He's too much of an established character in Know No Fear and his own short Censure to have been killed off as easily as that. That and the infiltrator posing as him wasn't carrying the exotic sword Guilliman had loaned Thiel at Calth, nor did he even know what type of sword it was, in fact he didn't even seem to know what Guilliman was talking about.

This all happens in chapter 5 of Unremembered Empire.

emporershand89 06-11-14 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garviel loken. (Post 1763562)
Do you want a brief quote also?

If you could that'd be great. I plan to read it but I'm curious as it doesn't look that good and need to prioritize it.

Angel of Blood 06-11-14 01:07 AM

A brief quote on what? The event takes up a large part of two chapters.

Valerian Lokus 05-05-17 07:14 PM

We have the confirmation that Thiel is alive and still fighting the traitors after Calth and the Alpha Legion assassination attempt on Guilliman because he is in the novel "Deathfire" (just to close this thread in a clean Ultramarine way :) )