Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Wargaming News and 40k Rumors (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/34-wargaming-news-40k-rumors/)
-   -   FAQs for 7e are up (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/wargaming-news-40k-rumors/155098-faqs-7e-up.html)

Mossy Toes 05-27-14 04:55 PM

FAQs for 7e are up

http://www.blacklibrary.com/faqs-and-errata.html

Editing as I read through and see more things.

7e FAQs have been posted. First glance at the armies important to me show a Heldrake weapon nerf--hull-mounted weapon measuring from the barrel, now. Eh, it's not like it wasn't merited. Also, any Daemons can use Daemonology, down to and including Horrors.

For Nids, Shadows in the Warp isn't touched on. Odd. Tzeentch Daemon +3 on Ld still is useless, too.

As expected, some Psychic Power reworking on a large number of armies. Space Wolves lose their powers entirely, and their runic weapons only give +1 to DTW, now (correct me if I'm wrong--that's the thing that allowed 4+ DTW in 24", right?). Blood Angels also lose their powers.

Apparently the listing of psychic powers available to different armies in the rulebook isn't quite accurate, since a unit is still limited to the options available in their codex. These FAQs have gone through and added Daemonology to most things an given older Marine Dexes an exact listing of which disciplines they can use, but I'm seeing nothing allowing CSM psykers to, say, take divination. Looks like Balestar of Mamon is still worth using...

humakt 05-27-14 05:14 PM

Ork weird boys loose their abilities (which were quite frankly 'shit') and become level 1 deamanoligists. Seems fair.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mossy Toes (Post 1744610)
7e FAQs have been posted. First glance at the armies important to me show a Heldrake weapon nerf--hull-mounted weapon measuring from the barrel, now.

I think I will need to take a look at the CSM codex, just to see what balefire has for rules. I can't seem to recall, but I know its hard to remember sometimes but a Helldrake actually comes with a shooting weapon by default :)

Mossy Toes 05-27-14 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by humakt (Post 1744634)
I think I will need to take a look at the CSM codex, just to see what balefire has for rules.

Torrent AP3, S6 flamer for the baleflamer. Though technically the default weapon is the Hades Autocannon, just 95% of the time people take the free swap.

humakt 05-27-14 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mossy Toes (Post 1744698)
Torrent AP3, S6 flamer for the baleflamer. Though technically the default weapon is the Hades Autocannon, just 95% of the time people take the free swap.

Cheers Mossy. So they must target something within 12" inches of the front arc now (unless torrent has changed). Does this also mean they must target a physiccal model within 12", not just place the template and catch something 13" away?

Straken's_Fist 05-27-14 06:03 PM

Quote:

but I'm seeing nothing allowing CSM psykers to, say, take divination.

Yeah I don't get this at all. What were those leaked photos of the 'new' psychic table? Was that just an elaborate fake? I cannot see anything in the rulebook resembling a table like that...I'm confused.

venomlust 05-27-14 06:07 PM

I found that a lot of the time in 6th, I would vector strike/baleflame, and my rear armor would be exposed.

Now that vector strike got nerfed, I think I'll just stop short and drop the template in front of the drake. Means I'll put a little more thought into drake movement/targets, but I don't think it's the end of the world. Or vector strike through a flyer, hope I kill it, and then drop the template on infantry in front of me, still exposing rear armor.

Mossy Toes 05-27-14 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by humakt (Post 1744770)
Cheers Mossy. So they must target something within 12" inches of the front arc now (unless torrent has changed). Does this also mean they must target a physiccal model within 12", not just place the template and catch something 13" away?

I haven't read the new rules for Torrent, but assuming it still works the same way, you have to place the little end of the template within 12" and the big end further away than the little end. Hit what models as ye may, though you probably still have to get as many hits as possible on the primary target unit. Not clear if that has to be in the front-facing arc--I imagine at least the little end of the template has to be in that front arc, though I dunno if the rules address how Torrent works there. Bah, supposition and no access to a copy of my own of the 7e book is getting tiresome.

Nordicus 05-27-14 06:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Straken's_Fist (Post 1744834)
Yeah I don't get this at all. What were those leaked photos of the 'new' psychic table? Was that just an elaborate fake? I cannot see anything in the rulebook resembling a table like that...I'm confused.

Quote:

but I'm seeing nothing allowing CSM psykers to, say, take divination. Looks like Balestar of Mamon is still worth using...

It's on the reference card that comes with the psyker powers. Here's a photo I just took of it, for reference.

mayegelt 05-27-14 06:15 PM

Quote:

Apparently the listing of psychic powers available to different armies in the rulebook isn't quite accurate, since a unit is still limited to the options available in their codex. These FAQs have gone through and added Daemonology to most things an given older Marine Dexes an exact listing of which disciplines they can use, but I'm seeing nothing allowing CSM psykers to, say, take divination. Looks like Balestar of Mamon is still worth using...

Is there a list? I couldn't see one, the only one I saw were on the psy cards they sold and that said they did... as to space marines (also previously couldn't). Also no clarification on how the spell familiar works... kinda looks like a slap dash run at the codex to just get something out to solve a few minor things, but most just being the old FAQ touched up a little.

Nordicus 05-27-14 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mayegelt (Post 1744914)
Is there a list? I couldn't see one, the only one I saw were on the psy cards they sold and that said they did

It's in my post above :) Just took the photo myself, so I assure you it's not a fake.