Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   General 40k (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/14-general-40k/)
-   -   Campaign background help (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/general-40k/153329-campaign-background-help.html)

Minigiant 05-13-14 09:45 AM

Campaign background help

So i am trying to write up my own campaign that a friend and I will play through. I want to write it out like the Imperial armour Taros campaign. So the Forces involved is the Dark Angels and Death Korps led by an Inquisitor still to be named vs The Farsight enclaves that will later be supported by the Eldar.

What i need though is a reason why Farsight would be in desperate need to colonize a planet

Does anyone have any suggestions?

neferhet 05-13-14 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minigiant (Post 1721785)
What i need though is a reason why Farsight would be in desperate need to colonize a planet

A small and endagered alien species is bio-harvested from the humans for their useful genetic material. being a somewhat advanced species and an useful one for their knowledge, they ask for tau's help.
they become part of the Tau Empire, trying to be saved from the Emperor's lackeys. The tau, understanding this race value and knowledge (and also discovering ruins of this civilization with many archeotech goods) deide that the crittersa re worth fighting for and the planet needs to be explored in full. So they attack. The empire strikes back. The tau are going to be pushed back but the eldar arrives. this happens because the alien species are in truth eldar creations, gifted with many useful techno-trinkets and knowledge and genetical mirabilia. Eldars need this species to survive in order to complete a genetic experiment of their own (or some other crazy eldar plot). A tau-eldar alliance is then forged, in the defence of this small alien race and for the taking of the planet.
EDIT: sorry for my bad english.

Minigiant 05-13-14 02:14 PM

I like it, i had already decided it was going to be based around an artifact. I somehow came up with a lot of the background for the campaign in the middle of it so i have had to been working on it from both ends and needing to create a start and a finish.

The Premise for it so far (a framework mind you)

The Planet Pavuvu are former imperial planet abandoned hundreds of years ago, for an (unnamed so far) Inquisitor Xenos to return to the planet in order to claim an ancient artifact with the help of the Dark Angels and Death Korps of Krieg. Upon arrival they discover the Tau in the process of colonising and terraforming the planet in the name of the greater good in order to support their growing population and need for natural resources. The Inquisitor discovers a chilling fact that the humans abandoned by the Emperor hundreds of years ago were accepted into the Tau Empire. The Artifact the Inquisitor is after is the same artifact that the Earth caste are using to power their terraforming efforts; upon learning that the Inquisitor plans to use this artifact (of eldar design) to power a weapon capable of obliterating entire solar systems the Eldar form an alliance with the Tau to make guarantee this never happens.

So there we have it, what do you think?

neferhet 05-13-14 02:56 PM

nice :) it seems you already have a fun background!

Minigiant 05-13-14 03:05 PM

I need a name for the Inquisitor now though, any suggestions?

neferhet 05-13-14 03:27 PM

Konrad of Marburg (the name of an historical inquisitor in germany, 1227. he was a fanatical, insane, mobleader that burned cats and accused everyone of devilworshipping...)

Dakingofchaos 05-14-14 02:26 PM

I think Neferhet would be a good inquisitor name...

neferhet 05-14-14 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dakingofchaos (Post 1723585)
I think Neferhet would be a good inquisitor name...

Lol that would be fun (Neferht is my Daemon Prince's name so...maybe he is disguised as an inquisitor to sow despair and mahiem amongst imperial worlds ;) )

Minigiant 05-18-14 04:11 PM

I need a name for the energy source artefact now and a name for the artefact weapon that it could possibly power
Suggestions?

neferhet 05-18-14 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minigiant (Post 1730577)
I need a name for the energy source artefact now and a name for the artefact weapon that it could possibly power
Suggestions?

Power Source: Magma-core syphon
Weapon: Warp-Matter collider

Or, more eldritch names...

Power: The Liquefactor
Weapon: The Soulsnuffer