Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/29-off-topic/)
-   -   My FLGS has closed down :( (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/off-topic/152753-my-flgs-has-closed-down.html)

Insanity 05-08-14 06:20 AM

My FLGS has closed down :(

So just as I get back into the hobby, I discover my FLGS has closed down :(

Now I either have to order my miniatures online or go for a 45 - 50 minute drive (each way) to the GW in Brisbane.

Wish I had have known it was closing because they probably would have been selling everything very cheap and I could have picked up a lot of models.

Anyone else in a similar circumstance in that it is a great inconvenience to get models?

Zion 05-08-14 06:32 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Ouch, that sucks. I'm sorry to hear it. :(

Insanity 05-08-14 06:59 AM

I'll probably just end up ordering online. The only bad thing is that I can't just purchase it and get straight to it. I don't like having to wait on deliveries that may end up damaging my product. But then again I don't want to spend a fortune on petrol either.

Nacho libre 05-08-14 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Insanity (Post 1714673)
I'll probably just end up ordering online. The only bad thing is that I can't just purchase it and get straight to it. I don't like having to wait on deliveries that may end up damaging my product. But then again I don't want to spend a fortune on petrol either.

Bit of a double edged sword you've got there mate.

Doelago 05-08-14 07:41 AM

Know the feel mate. I used to have one ten minutes away, but it closed some five years back and now I have to drive some 100+ km to the closest one, and they are a video game store with one small shelf of stuff. The closest proper one is some 300km away. :(

Insanity 05-08-14 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doelago (Post 1714737)
Know the feel mate. I used to have one ten minutes away, but it closed some five years back and now I have to drive some 100+ km to the closest one, and they are a video game store with one small shelf of stuff. The closest proper one is some 300km away. :(

Ouch, that's way worst than my situation.

I made my online order. Dark Eldar Battleforce, Haemonculus and some paints I was missing.

I already have a squad of warriors, Archon and Incubi. But they are in such a state of disarray that it's easier to just start again and use them for bits.

Tawa 05-08-14 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doelago (Post 1714737)

Ooh, nasty :suicide:

Nacho libre 05-08-14 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Insanity (Post 1714753)
I made my online order. Dark Eldar Battleforce, Haemonculus and some paints I was missing.

I already have a squad of warriors, Archon and Incubi. But they are in such a state of disarray that it's easier to just start again and use them for bits.

Welcome fellow deldar.

Einherjar667 05-09-14 02:30 AM

Both my clubs are 40ish minutes in opposite directions, and in areas I love to spend time at. Worth the drive to me, so no big deal.

Reaper45 05-09-14 03:36 AM

Roughly an hours drive for me, when I go I go on the days they are open for the longest hours and I leave home early and spend all day there. Is very useful for the times when you need to clear your head and get out of the house.