Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   General 40k (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/14-general-40k/)
-   -   so what happened to dark eldar and daemonhunters? (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/general-40k/15223-so-what-happened-dark-eldar-daemonhunters.html)

cooldudeskillz 08-11-08 05:09 PM

so what happened to dark eldar and daemonhunters?

Why are GW redoing spacemarines? really..i mean really. They already had thier codex topped up to 5th ed and theres still dark eldar and necrons ect to do. I have't got anything aganist space marines but GW should have redone another race before space marines.

Cato Sicarius 08-11-08 05:50 PM

Actually their Codex isn't 5th Ed., it's 4th. Chaos's is but...

cooldudeskillz 08-11-08 05:55 PM

but the others races codexs are way too old

neilbatte 08-11-08 06:11 PM

Its all about what sells unfortunatly and as space marines are the poster boys of gw they are always going to be at the front of the line when its new codex time as they are a sure fire way to sell the new shinies and make a quick buck. Who hasn't at some point had at least a small marine army or atleast a couple of squads. The dark eldar are left on a limb because they are ugly therefore don't sell that well so can be happilly ignored Deamon hunters dont sell that well as they are all metal therefore expensive so will be ignored until there is nothing better to do and the necrons were a great concept but not expanded enough to make an interesting army so also don't sell so will be at the back of the line. An unfortunate fact in buisiness if a line is less popular it makes more economic sense to pump resources into a different more popular line even if the unpopular line just needs a bit more effort to make it better

Humanbrain 08-11-08 06:18 PM

Hopefully next year they will release an "Armies of the Imperium/Inquisition" book that combines and updates the Deamonhunters and Witchhunters into one army. Or at worst update in WD!

But the SM, Eldar, Orcs, Necrons, Tau, IG, etc are all more popular and will come first.

cooldudeskillz 08-12-08 09:54 AM

bad GW, very bad

normtheunsavoury 08-12-08 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Humanbrain (Post 162281)
Hopefully next year they will release an "Armies of the Imperium/Inquisition" book that combines and updates the Deamonhunters and Witchhunters into one army. Or at worst update in WD!

But the SM, Eldar, Orcs, Necrons, Tau, IG, etc are all more popular and will come first.

I heard that they were supposed to be releasing a single book with the witch hunters, daemon hunters and ordo xenos all wrapped up in one.
I could be wrong but I think the ordo xenos would be a new release ( unless they have been released before and i missed them).

BloodAngelZeros 08-12-08 02:26 PM

I really wouldn't be surprised if they combined daemonhunters/witchhunters/etc. all into one codex. But as was mentioned. SM got their codex updated before all the others because they're the golden boys of GW. They rake in the money, they're the first army anybody usually plays as, and most of the fluff revolves around them. Next in the pipeline's the IG as far as I know. Then after that, who knows. I doubt my necrons will be getting an update anytime soon :(

asianavatar 08-12-08 02:32 PM

SM also got updated because the other SM army books like Blood Angels, Dark Angels and Black Templar were so different than the old SM book that an updated needed to be done.

Haraldrr 08-12-08 03:11 PM

They are redoing the DE early next year i think , as with the necrons they really need updating, they look so old! I think they need to make the main troops in inguisition forces plastic , that will help got alot of money , because I know everyone and I mean everyone think the grey knights look cool!