Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   40k Rules Discussion (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/17-40k-rules-discussion/)
-   -   Plague Marines (knife & Blight Grenades? (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/40k-rules-discussion/151530-plague-marines-knife-blight-grenades.html)

Jonny B 04-28-14 09:29 PM

Plague Marines (knife & Blight Grenades?

I'm about to use Plague Marines for the first time. Having never used them can anybody clarify my understanding of the Plague Knife and Blight Grenades please?

Plague Knife wounds on a 4+. Does this mean they are suited to attacking high toughness opponents? Are they wasted attacking marines and T4 terminators? Sometimes you get to re roll wounds, so a bit like shred?

Blight Grenades- now I rarely use grenades at all so any thoughts om the attack and defence bonus would help me? What is the ideal scenario to have blight grenades?

Nacho libre 04-28-14 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonny B (Post 1698522)
I'm about to use Plague Marines for the first time. Having never used them can anybody clarify my understanding of the Plague Knife and Blight Grenades please?

Plague Knife wounds on a 4+. Does this mean they are suited to attacking high toughness opponents? Are they wasted attacking marines and T4 terminators? Sometimes you get to re roll wounds, so a bit like shred?

Blight Grenades- now I rarely use grenades at all so any thoughts om the attack and defence bonus would help me? What is the ideal scenario to have blight grenades?

Blight grenades are defence grenades so I think they do something if someone is assaulting you.

Jonny B 04-29-14 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nacho libre (Post 1698602)
Blight grenades are defence grenades so I think they do something if someone is assaulting you.

So do you reckon you can use these in combat just like you can use grenades in combat againts monstrous creatures?

neferhet 04-29-14 08:20 AM

yes you can, but you already have 4+ wounding knives..so...they are just there to negate the bonus charge attack to the enemy and to give shrouded vs 8" fire

Jonny B 04-29-14 08:23 AM

Cheers Neferhet. If I was attacking a mc with T6 or even T8. Would I still wound on a 4+? And what about models with an armour value?

In this game I am also including 4 blobs of 5 NM with sonic and blastmasters :)

Eva 04-29-14 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonny B (Post 1699394)
Cheers Neferhet. If I was attacking a mc with T6 or even T8. Would I still wound on a 4+? And what about models with an armour value?

In this game I am also including 4 blobs of 5 NM with sonic and blastmasters :)

Correct. Poisoned 4+ means you always wound a model no matter the toughness value on a roll of 4+. Against things with an armor value they have no effect.

Nacho libre 04-29-14 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eva (Post 1699562)
Correct. Poisoned 4+ means you always wound a model no matter the toughness value on a roll of 4+. Against things with an armor value they have no effect.

Thats why i love deldar splinter rifles.

Deus Mortis 04-29-14 01:48 PM

Plague Marines (knife & Blight Grenades?

The other nice thing about poisoned weapons is if you would normally wound said opponent on the stated roll or better (in this case a 4+ or lower) without the poisoned rule, you get to re-roll your 'To Wound' rolls.

So against anything T4 or lower, Plague Marines get re-rolls to wound in combat.

the_barwn 04-29-14 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deus Mortis (Post 1699673)
The other nice thing about poisoned weapons is if you would normally wound said opponent on the stated roll or better (in this case a 4+ or lower) without the poisoned rule, you get to re-roll your 'To Wound' rolls.

So against anything T4 or lower, Plague Marines get re-rolls to wound in combat.

Ouch...... Thats nasty, where does it state this? in the codex? or the BRB?

Nordicus 04-29-14 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_barwn (Post 1699745)
Ouch...... Thats nasty, where does it state this? in the codex? or the BRB?

The BRB. Specifically, it states under the "poison" special rule, that if the attackers strength is equal to, or higher, than the targets toughness, then you get to re-roll failed to-wound rolls :)