Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Chaos Marines Army Lists (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/132-chaos-marines-army-lists/)
-   -   2000pt Khorne List (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/chaos-marines-army-lists/14944-2000pt-khorne-list.html)

killmaimburn 08-07-08 01:44 AM

2000pt Khorne List

HQ----------------------------------------140pts
Daemon Prince
-Wings
-Mark of Khorne

Elites-------------------------------------475
5x Chaos Terminators
-Champion + Pair of Lightning Claws
-3x Power Fist
-Reaper Autocannon
-Icon of Khorne
-Chaos Land Raider Dedicated Transport

Troops-----------------------------------960
10x Khorne Berzerkers
-Champion
--Power Weapon
--Plasma Pistol
-2x Plasma pistols
-Chaos Rhino Dedicated Transport

10x Khorne Berzerkers
-Champion
--Power Weapon
--Plasma Pistol
-2x Plasma pistols

10x Khorne Berzerkers
-Champion
--Power Weapon
--Plasma Pistol
-2x Plasma pistols

Heavy Support-----------------------------------425
Defiler
-Heavy Flamer
-Close Combat Arm

Defiler
-Heavy Flamer
-Close Combat Arm

Vindicator

Here's my new revised list, please shoot it down if its necessary my lists have never been stellar. All comments/criticisms/suggestions are welcome, but if you feel the need to insult my mental acuity because of this list don't bother.

Imperial Dragon 08-07-08 03:58 AM

you might want extra armour on your rhinos and getting daemonic possession will be a big help to your vindicator.

Kharn the betrayer 08-07-08 05:12 PM

i would maybe think about 2 vindicators rather than 2 defilers since they can take a terminator squad out in one shot, but it depends on what your up against, nice use of bezerkers they seem to make everyone nervouse.

killmaimburn 08-07-08 08:06 PM

I would have given the vindicator demonic possession, but I didn't know where to find the points because I would have to drop eitherr a reaper autocannon, the icon of khorne, or two plasma pistols. Also, I was thinking that because I didn't have the points, I may as well enjoy that extra inch of scatter modification the improved BS affords me. Same rationale for the rhinos, because I don't even always start my berzerkers in them. I took 2 defilers because I already have one from the big chaos army box and I just split the Chaos Renegade Strike Force with my friend, which is where the second defiler, vindicator, and land raider models came from. Also, the greater range of the battlecannons is a plus against many of the armies I face (many, many, many meltaguns and multi-meltaguns in my opponents lists)

SPYDeR13 08-08-08 12:42 PM

The only thing I would change is losing the plasma pistols on the Champions. That would free up some points for you.:ok:

general 08-08-08 12:59 PM

Nice list.

I'd say drop the plasma pistols from champions and squads, as they aren't really worth it. Thet're an assault unit so the pistols won't get many shots in.
Drop them all and use the points elsewhere.
Use the points for demonic possesion and extra armor as suggested.

Alternatively, you could have more zerkers. Not enough for a full squad though. You could trim down the other squads to give yourself four slightly smaller squads. If you ran say 3 nine man squads with rhinos, you could get an extra squad of nine, but without a transport.

Or run eight man squads. Four eight man squads all in rhinos, you'd be able to get extra armor for the transports and possibly possesion for the vindicator as well with the saved points and you get an extra 2 zerkers in the list. Also, it means there are more transports to destroy, making it more likely your zerkers will reach the enemy.

Blue Liger 09-04-08 11:48 AM

id add in a squad of 8- 10 posesessed with mark of khorne so much fun when they get power weapons or rending

killmaimburn 09-06-08 07:49 PM

I do have possessed (don't look at me like that! :angry:) but I haven't painted them and when I roll scouts or something on them taking attacks with no power weapons or even rending is just too little for 26 pts / model + upgrades.

CATzeentch 09-07-08 05:02 AM

Defilers are an awesome choice especially for khorne, and you only really need 1 plasma pistol in each squad which would then allow you to get extra armoe for your rhinos which is needed.

And a note on possessed...of you put them in a rhino now and you roll scouts, that rhino can make "a normal move" because it is a dedicated transport. So if you get them in a rhino no matter what you roll, you will benefit from.

warsmith-893 09-07-08 01:02 PM

have u considered dropping plasma pistols on the skull champion's and making all of ur terminators champions?

suggestion: make all of ur terminators champions and give them all lightning claws and the mark of khorne (of course)

hope this helps