Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Black Library Fiction (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/108-black-library-fiction/)
-   -   Please recommend a 40k book. (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/black-library-fiction/148722-please-recommend-40k-book.html)

welshnick 04-05-14 05:28 PM

Please recommend a 40k book.

Hi wondering if anyone can recommend any 40k novels that have come out in the last year. Just read path of the archon and really enjoyed. I prefer a full novel to all the novellas that have come out.

Nacho libre 04-05-14 06:22 PM

Not really from the last year but....

Dark apostle
Dark Creed
Dark disciple

These three books are amazing.

ntaw 04-05-14 07:30 PM

Out of the HH series I thoroughly enjoyed Legion (Guard and Alpha Legion) and Mechanicum (rebellion on Mars).

Khorne's Fist 04-05-14 10:26 PM

Helsreach. The best SM stand alone novel of them all. Then the Night Lords trilogy.

Apfeljunge 04-06-14 09:26 AM

Ok, good books I've read that came out last year:

Really good:
Fire Cast
Deathwatch
Ahriman: Exile

Good:
Lords of Mars (If you read and enjoyed Priests of Mars)
Baneblade
Death of Integrity

MontytheMighty 04-07-14 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by welshnick (Post 1662378)
Hi wondering if anyone can recommend any 40k novels that have come out in the last year. Just read path of the archon and really enjoyed. I prefer a full novel to all the novellas that have come out.

By 40K do you mean 40K only or is Horus Heresy included?

I'd recommend Scars for the HH. As for 40K, I really enjoyed Pariah by Dan Abnett

Anakwanar 04-08-14 08:00 AM

To welshnick

'Fire Caste' are the best book for anyone, who missed a real dark millennium. Fantastic book

welshnick 04-08-14 09:00 AM

Hi thanks fot your replies. Ive read all the horus heresy books and am about to start listening to them in audio form as bought the big collection at christmas. I was looking for one or two more 40k specific books before i comitted fully.

Fire caste looks good ill go with that.

I have both lords and preists of mars but was waiting for the third one before starting.Same with Pariah waiting for all three though loooks like that could be a long wait

Jacobite 04-08-14 09:07 AM

Regarding Pariah, have you read the Eisenhorn and Ravenor trilogies? If not I would really recommend reading them as otherwise the Bequin trilogy isn't going to be as fulfilling as it could be.

bobss 04-10-14 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by welshnick (Post 1662378)

I presume you're a fan of the Dark Eldar/Eldar races, then?

I can't recommend Eldar Prophecy by C. S. Goto enough.