Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Television and Movies (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/174-television-movies/)
-   -   Starship Troopers 3 (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/television-movies/14669-starship-troopers-3-a.html)

PieMan 08-02-08 11:01 AM

Starship Troopers 3

has anyone seen starship troopers 3. it was terrible. i had such high hopes after the first two (yes...i liked the second one) and it sucked:angry:. it was probably because of budget though. you could tell it was a cheap movie.

what did you think?

Marcus Antonius Primus 08-02-08 11:38 AM

I didn't even know there was a ST3...

Lord Sinkoran 08-02-08 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcus Antonius Primus (Post 156602)
I didn't even know there was a ST3...

neither did I. Must see it!!

loyalist42 08-02-08 03:07 PM

I found out about it earlier this year.

After the shitstorm that was the first, you couldn't pay me to see the other two.

I read the book for a college course last semester, and it's soooo much better than the movie. Honestly, I thought the first movie was complete, utter crap. It only barely followed the storyline and managed to lose nearly all of the political and social commentary that made the book anything more than another sci-fi action piece. Propaganda though it was, I found the book infinitely more interesting than the movie.

Darth Malus 08-02-08 03:11 PM

The movie couldn't even really call itself Starship troopers. The only thing that was the same was the characters, and the fudged that all up too. I loved the book, and when I watch the movie, I try to not think about the book.

Druchii in Space 08-02-08 03:25 PM

Tbh the only reason Starship Troopers rates so highly with me is because of the action scenes being the closest thing to Imperial Guard vs Nids movie wise. The back story and such has never been a big draw, I'll probably see the 3rd one, but from the online trailer, it looks poor.

PieMan 08-03-08 07:50 AM

i wouldnt reccomend the third one...i lost a few hours of my life that i want back

the action in number one was pretty awesome

Captain Galus 08-04-08 04:23 AM

the first movie, if you judge it by Heinlen's book, reached a level on the scale that can only be scientifically referred to as:

Totally Sucking Ass.

But the action scenes were pretty well done, IMHO. if you took out all the non-war scenes in the movie, i think it could have been pretty good!
lol

PieMan 08-04-08 10:03 AM

i haven't read the books so i don't know what they are like

Farseer Beltiac 08-04-08 10:43 AM

They've made a third one? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!