Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   General 40k (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/14-general-40k/)
-   -   Imperial knight or baneblade. (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/general-40k/145089-imperial-knight-baneblade.html)

Nacho libre 03-08-14 12:37 PM

Imperial knight or baneblade.

Hello all I was wondering if heresy could help me. I've come to a little problem. I could either get a baneblade or a imperial knight. I want the baneblade because it's a big as fuck tank, but I also want a imperial knight because it's a huge robot that I would love to paint.

So what should I get

Thanks

maximus2467 03-08-14 12:58 PM

Are you going to use them in 40k or are they display models?

Nacho libre 03-08-14 01:56 PM

I'm going to use it in 40k

neferhet 03-08-14 02:44 PM

the knight costs less but has a considerable lack of firepower. I'd say that if you plan to face a superheavy then go fo the knight (to fuck big things with D sword and to save points since it can go down with a couple of superheavy shots). otherwise be the king of the party and go baneblade.

Iraqiel 03-08-14 03:31 PM

6 Attachment(s)
I have this dilemma too. However, I've written an 'Endstate' for my Guard army and Grey Knights (not for orks or chaos yet though). Because I want to check things off on those lists, I'm going for a Baneblade first... but I think a Knight detachment may just have to become a list unto itself for later on.

Uveron 03-08-14 04:20 PM

I say Knight as it doesn't use the LOW slot!

Thus, you don't get forced to use the Alter of war missions from the Escalation book, or give the opoenent that +1 to grab the 1st turn, or the extra victory points!

Khorne's Fist 03-08-14 04:34 PM

Fuck it, get both. :grin:

Nacho libre 03-08-14 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Khorne's Fist (Post 1613033)
Fuck it, get both. :grin:

I would but the price that gw is selling them for is a kick in the bawsack

Wookiepelt 03-08-14 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nacho libre (Post 1613041)
I would but the price that gw is selling them for is a kick in the bawsack

Being UK-based, I suggest you have a look at what the boys at Dark Sphere are able to do...

Baneblade - linky
Imperial Knight - linky

They also offer the in-store collection option if you're in London. However, even with postage, it will be cheaper than getting them from GW direct.

Nacho libre 03-08-14 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wookiepelt (Post 1613465)
Being UK-based, I suggest you have a look at what the boys at Dark Sphere are able to do...

Baneblade - linky
Imperial Knight - linky

They also offer the in-store collection option if you're in London. However, even with postage, it will be cheaper than getting them from GW direct.

I was talking to mate about it and he recommended total war gamer. They are selling one for £59