Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Wargaming News and 40k Rumors (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/34-wargaming-news-40k-rumors/)
-   -   Imperial Knight Spotted? (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/wargaming-news-40k-rumors/141769-imperial-knight-spotted.html)

Words_of_Truth 02-13-14 12:40 PM

Imperial Knight Spotted?

venomlust 02-13-14 12:51 PM

Wow. If that's how they look, then I hope there are traitor versions/rules. Me likey.

bitsandkits 02-13-14 12:52 PM

The fact its poorly taken photo means its 100 genuine as far as im concerned, thats the only qualifier as far as im concerned. If it was fake the photo would be far better

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Gret79 02-13-14 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by venomlust (Post 1569905)
Wow. If that's how they look, then I hope there are traitor versions/rules. Me likey.

Ha - just glue spikes on it = Instant Chaos. :so_happy:

I'm starting to think its the spikes that are evil -

Marines no spikes =Good
Marines with spikes=Bad

Therefore the addition of spikes turns anything in 40k evil.

Marines+Spikes = Chaos

locustgate 02-13-14 01:00 PM

Dear merciful omnissah...that is sexy as hell. Yep...defiantly going to be my 1st ally unit.

venomlust 02-13-14 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gret79 (Post 1569929)

Marines no spikes =Good
Marines with spikes=Bad

Marines+Spikes = Chaos

:shok:

locustgate 02-13-14 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gret79 (Post 1569929)

Marines no spikes =Good
Marines with spikes=Bad

Marines+Spikes = Chaos

Wait what does spikes on spikes mean?

http://static4.wikia.nocookie.net/__...n_Lemartes.jpg

A BA chaplin, it might be
((Size of Spikes)+((# of spikes)+(# of items on spikes)))(% with spikes)=X=Evil

However my major isn't math so someone may want to check.

EDIT

(((2*.304m)+(.608m)+(2*.152m))+5+0).10=.652

neferhet 02-13-14 01:24 PM

well...i always wanted a titan. now i can be happy with a little titan. my traitor guard will soon have a new friend...with oh-so-many spikes on it

Jolnir 02-13-14 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by locustgate (Post 1569985)

Perhaps they are simply a negative?

Marine with spikes = 1 x -1 = -1 (evil)

Marine with spikes on spikes = 1 x (-1 x -1) = 1 x 1 = 1 (good)

But put spikes on the spikes on the spikes, then we're back to Chaos.

Sick model, BTW. I'd look forward to seeing them around.

Mokuren 02-13-14 01:43 PM

That's just what I needed! More giant robots to play 1750 pay to win apocalypse games!

Seems like I'll have to go back making 5e lists again, with nothing but meltas in every slot.

Gret79 02-13-14 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by locustgate (Post 1569985)

It means your first set of spikes wasn't big enough. :grin:

DarkDisciple_Nahum 02-13-14 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neferhet (Post 1570009)
well...i always wanted a titan. now i can be happy with a little titan.

Same here I always wanted a titan of my very own :) I was thinking of getting a warhound hound but have put that on hold with all the knight stuff floating around.

Words_of_Truth 02-13-14 02:43 PM

Wonder whether Horus Heresy armies will be able to use it, I'd love a mech army with that as the center piece.

HokieHWT 02-13-14 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jolnir (Post 1570041)
Perhaps they are simply a negative?

Marine with spikes = 1 x -1 = -1 (evil)

Marine with spikes on spikes = 1 x (-1 x -1) = 1 x 1 = 1 (good)

But put spikes on the spikes on the spikes, then we're back to Chaos.

Sick model, BTW. I'd look forward to seeing them around.

Winner, winner chicken dinner! You beat me to it:laugh:

gen.ahab 02-13-14 04:59 PM

13 Attachment(s)
For one reason I imagined them being sleeker. Somewhat like a warhound titan, but much smaller. Ever play Armored Core? Something on that scale. Not entirely sure why, given all other examples of AdMech tech.

The Irish Commissar 02-13-14 06:05 PM

Looks a bit cartoony but then it is a bad picture after all.

venomlust 02-13-14 06:14 PM

I'm just curious how/if they'll truly bridge the gap between regular stuff and super heavies. Probably cheaper, and probably won't have D weapons if the points discrepancy is large. After reading the weapon descriptions, it sounds like battle cannons all over the place. I'm hoping that melta in the picture is better than a multimelta.

Time will tell.

Jace of Ultramar 02-13-14 06:33 PM

Nice, I'm looking forward to this.

Jacobite 02-13-14 08:03 PM

Oh great gleaming fucksticks.... that's all I need. Another nice mini that to paint.

Tawa 02-13-14 09:12 PM

Send me your cards and pin numbers Jac.

I'll keep them safe for you.....

venomlust 02-13-14 11:23 PM

http://natfka.blogspot.com/2014/02/d...l-knights.html

Quote:

It didnt take long for more rumors to start flowing on some rules for the Imperial Knights. Of course I am going to give these a very low probability, but they are worth pointing out just in case there is some truth behind them.

These come from 4chan. They are definitely rumors, and at this point until something comes along to confirm these, please add a lot of extra salt to these.

via 4chan **
http://boards.4chan.org/tg/res/30208365#p30212501
"My FLGS had a copy of the Imperial Knights WD drop in from the warp. Had the stats for the Knight Paladin and Knight Errant inside.

(Superheavy walkers, not MCs, which is kind of a relief considering I've had enough MCs for a fucking lifetime. Yes, this means they get Stomp, Hammer of Wrath, and all that bull.)

Paladin: 75 guardsmen cost, Errant is 74. Both are Stormraven AVs with +1 front armor and double the HP, with a 4+ invul on one facing that you choose during opponent's Shooting (but not CC or overwatch). Marine WS, BS, and I, Captain number of attacks with a strength D chainsword. Paladin is armed with a 2-shot battle cannon, and Errant has a +1S 36" large blast melta. Hilariously, the Errant has a single heavy stubber, while the Paladin has 2(!!).

So, the LGS owner did a crazy thing and proxied 5 of them using Riptides against a CSM player. Promptly proceeded to murder all 9 deep-striking oblits, all the cultists, and the suicide terminator squad (Let it be said, the ability to position the deflector shield *after* movement is finished is pretty damn powerful...). Only lost because of the Chaos Spawn and HQ hid on the second level of a ruin, and the 2 Heldrakes having ridiculously good luck on their Vector Strike rolls."
Cost of 75 guardsmen? Wtf does that mean? IG playas help me out.

revilo44 02-14-14 06:25 AM

Quote:

From Faeit 212 website Hints of Knights in White Dwarf Issue #3
Here is a link to the picture in question from issue 3 of White Dwarf that is due to be out this Saturday.
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=zxtm6w&s=8#.Uv0RgvldWSo
Quote:

via Imber from the Faeit 212 inbox
Kits are in US and have been for some time, at least a week. Insider surprised it took this long to leak. From sounds of it, wide access to loyalist armies.

Quote:

via a store in Arizona's Facebook page
Pre-Order the Imperial Knight Titan, and the WD with it's rules at the shop now!!!
So obviously we are looking at issue #4 for pre-orders for Imperial Knights. What other form this will take, dataslate or supplement is still unknown. It is suggested by rumors though that the rules or at least some of them, will be in the White Dwarf released on February 22nd.

Gret79 02-14-14 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by venomlust (Post 1570809)
So, the LGS owner did a crazy thing and proxied 5 of them using Riptides against a CSM player. Promptly proceeded to murder all 9 deep-striking oblits, all the cultists, and the suicide terminator squad (Let it be said, the ability to position the deflector shield *after* movement is finished is pretty damn powerful...). Only lost because of the Chaos Spawn and HQ hid on the second level of a ruin, and the 2 Heldrakes having ridiculously good luck on their Vector Strike rolls."

Store owner took 5? (as opposed to taking the 1 LoW allowed by escalation.)
Still doesn't win :laugh:

Thats the flgs owner, trying to break the game and failing as he still lost to a chaos army who put units where he couldn't kill them...

So yeah try to break the game, fail, blame dice/heldrakes = Plan :laugh:
I might try this -
Win = ALL L.O.W R OP - Escalation sucks
Lose = Heldrake is OP/Dice R OP/Cover is OP

Either way, I get to moan/complain = Profit.

neferhet 02-14-14 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by venomlust (Post 1570809)
Cost of 75 guardsmen? Wtf does that mean? IG playas help me out.

A squad of 10 guards is 50pts so
50 * 7,5= 375

Tawa 02-14-14 10:24 AM

I can see these things landing before April. :wink:

humakt 02-14-14 10:42 AM

I am supposing this is going to be the same price as other similar sized LoW if this actually materializes.

Tawa 02-14-14 10:52 AM

Could well be :)

Khorne's Fist 02-14-14 11:34 AM

Despite an abortive attempt to start a Tau army, I haven't really been that interested in buying 40k minis in a couple of years now. This, however, could change all that. I was going to get a Dreamforge Leviathon for only $60, but I'll have a look at this first. I think I can safely assume it'll be quite a bit more than $60 though.

Gret79 02-14-14 11:47 AM

I've seen these in other threads described as 'same price as the Lord of Skulls' - so I'd assume £95 direct.

I'm going to be upset if I can't add spikes for instant chaos LoW. If this is 375points compared to 888? :ireful2:

humakt 02-14-14 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gret79 (Post 1571457)
I've seen these in other threads described as 'same price as the Lord of Skulls' - so I'd assume £95 direct.

I'm going to be upset if I can't add spikes for instant chaos LoW. If this is 375points compared to 888? :ireful2:

As long as you get your opponents permission I can't see a problem. Especially if he has a Imperial Knight. One on one gladiatorial battle with the winner getting to squash the opponents army underfoot.

Bindi Baji 02-14-14 12:18 PM

Quote:

Paladin: 75 guardsmen cost, Errant is 74.

WTFFFFFF?,

why would anyone go to the resort of working out a comparison of one thing to a number of guardsmen?, it's noodle doodle, wacko jacko

"I'm afraid my army is running over points by 2 flamers and 3 Baneblades, I'm not actually using any of those but that's the equivalent figure i'm over by"

Quote:

That's ......not crazy, no it's padded cells time

Gret79 02-14-14 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by humakt (Post 1571497)
As long as you get your opponents permission I can't see a problem. Especially if he has a Imperial Knight. One on one gladiatorial battle with the winner getting to squash the opponents army underfoot.

Its one of the joys in playing in a strict RAW meta.
The answer I'd get would be 'that's ok in apoc, but not in escalation'

I'd be fine bringing a revenant titan with my eldar or even a warhound with twin turbolasers for my chaos marines, but taking a LoW with the wrong army would be 'come the apocalypse'.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bindi Baji (Post 1571505)
it's noodle doodle, wacko jacko

My brain is now reading all your posts in a scouse accent..

bitsandkits 02-14-14 01:23 PM

Assuming this isnt a hoax and "Knights" are back in 40k scale, thats pretty amazballs and it makes me quite a happy camper, this is a portion of "epic" 40k that i never thought would see the light of day again but was also one of my favorite periods of the hobby as it gave the Eldar a nice chunk of fluff and attention without having to share it with every other race at the time, it was quite unusual for that to happen, obviously they had to share the pages of white dwarf with the imperial knights but even so i was happy, i think i still have the white dwarf magazines from that era with the various knight houses fluff and colour schemes in them, will be interesting to see if they use the same houses for these models and if we get any other variant models or accessories/weapons from forgeworld further down the line?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Jace of Ultramar 02-14-14 01:34 PM

I'd be very surprised if we didn't get some of the things B&K mentioned. I'm hoping that the kit comes with everything for the possible load outs that are available.

Adramalech 02-14-14 03:27 PM

PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPP-Ohwait.

venomlust 02-14-14 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neferhet (Post 1571273)
A squad of 10 guards is 50pts so
50 * 7,5= 375

Thanks, Nef. I don't have a guard codex, and even if I did, that math would have caused a reactor meltdown :P.

Regarding Chaos Knights, it would appear there were traitor Knight households during and after the heresy, including demonic variants. Pure conjecture, but I can see GW doing a fair bit of retconning where this fluff is concerned, or simply choose to ignore Chaos and never release Chaos Knights.

Other than what I've read in the past few days I know nothing about these things, so those veterans who know, please verify:

http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Knight

Quote:

Chaos Knights

During the Horus Heresy, the galaxy was engulfed in the fiercest civil war Mankind has ever known. Those who remained loyal to the Emperor fought against their erstwhile brothers as the Warmaster Horus made his bid for power. In those days, bonds of brotherhood were shattered and mistrust was common, treachery becoming as much a weapon as Bolters and Battle Cannons. One of the more significant betrayals occured on the Knight World of Molech, located only several light years from Terra.

When the Warmaster Horus led his forces towards the cradle of humanity, he left a trail of destruction in his wake, countless worlds falling before his might or switching allegiance and supporting his cause. It was on the planet of Molech that one of the most determined stands was to be made. Three Titan Legions and over a hundred Imperial Army regiments and Knight Households stood ready to face the Warmaster's onslaught.

Horus' initial assault devastated many cities and strongholds. Amongst the victims were the world's rulers -- the nobles of House Devine. Dispossessed and unable to fight back, the Devine family slowly succumbed to the temptations of Chaos. Over the following months, the insidious whispers of Slaanesh spread through their fatigued ranks. Their officers became lethargic and interested only in their sports, using their mighty machines to hunt down the wild animals of Molech. The grip of the Prince of Pleasure grew stronger as he bent the will of the Devine. Soon, they began to meet in secret cabals, commiting depraved rites and ceremonies within the heart of the Loyalist camp. No act was too shameful or disgusting to them, as the sensations of the moment became their only desire.

When Horus launched a massive offensive against the Imperial forces, the Knights of House Devine betrayed those loyal to the Emperor. The Loyalists found themselves trapped, caught between the advancing enemy forces and the Renegade Knights attacking from behind. This treachery allowed the Forces of Chaos to punch through the Imperial lines, blocking any routes of escape. Of the entire Imperial host only one in a hundred survived the campaign. Molech was a crushing defeat to the Imperium, opening the road to Terra and allowing the Warmaster to launch his final assault on the Sol system.

This occurrence was the first betrayal conducted by a Knight House, and since that time, many Knight Houses have been corrupted throughout the millennia. Many of the machines' pilots have long since died, but their souls continue to live on as daemons, occupying the shells of their war walkers. The Knights themselves have also mutated, sprouting claws, tails and other horrendous natural weapons as blessings of the Dark Gods. When the war machines of a Knight House dedicated to the Ruinous Powers marches onto the battlefield, it spreads havoc, despair and death.

Daemon Knights of Slaanesh

Imperial records are somewhat lacking in their information referring to the Knights in general, and this is only more true in regard to those nobles of the Knight Worlds who have embraced the fickle blessings of the Chaos Gods. Almost all knowledge of these Traitors comes from records concerning those of the Knights that have dedicated themselves to Slaanesh, and virtually nothing is known of those in service to the other Chaos Gods, or of those worshipping Chaos Undivided as a singular entity.

The Daemon Knights of Slaanesh are the first element of an advancing Slaaneshi army, preceding the bulk of Chaos forces and Chaos Titans. Their task is to seek out the enemy, probe defences and attempt to flush them out of fortified positions. The Knights' chief advantage is their speed and agility, allowing them to easily outflank any enemy and to run down and exterminate any stragglers.

Slaaneshi Daemon Knights do not use Shock Lances or Power Lances, as these weapons do not suit their style of combat. Akin to the Chaos Titans of Slaanesh, and the Eldar Titans that they emulate, the Daemon Knights are exceptionally nimble and agile, and they prefer to ambush their enemies and fight from afar, rather than charge headlong into close-quarters melee.

These Daemon Knights also do not utilise Power Fields. Instead, they are surrounded by a glittering wall of energy created by the warp-interface within them which anchors the daemonic spirit inside in the material realm. This shifting, swirling aura is called the Glamour of Slaanesh and makes the Daemon Knight very hard to target accurately. In effect, it works like an Eldar Holo-field, and is a yet another emulation of that race's Titans. Like the Holo-field, the Glamour of Slaanesh proves useless against barrages and other attacks spread over a wide area, as such weapons do not rely on pinpoint accuracy. Additionally, since the Glamour of Slaanesh is an interface with the Immaterium, it also provides a measure of protection against attacks drawing upon the Warp, such as Vortex Missiles or psychic powers.

Daemon Knight Patterns

Hell-Strider - The Hell-Strider is the smallest of the Daemon Knights, armed with Lascannons and short-range, Knight-sized Melta Weapons. Hell-Striders are extremely mobile, able to flush out enemies from forests and ruins with their powerful but short ranged weaponry. Given sufficient numbers, Hell-Striders are capable of toppling Titans, picking of the target's shields with Lascannons before closing in for the kill with their Melta-beams.

Hell-Scourge - Hell-Scourges are one of the largest patterns of Slaaneshi Daemon Knights. As living machines in the service of the Prince of Chaos, they have crushed countless opponents in the last ten millenia, screeching deafening cries across the battlefield. They are the perfect predators, hunters who mercilessly run down their quarry with the bounding strides of their elegant, powerful legs. The Hell-Scourges attack without warning. As one appears, the enemy turn their weapons on its blurred form, only to see it disappear. At that moment, others attack from all sides, mowing through armour and flesh with their massive Castigator Cannons. Hell-Scourges possess a certain pack instinct and are in constant telepathic communication with each other. As such, they make exceptionally well-coordinated assaults, outflanking their enemies with ease. This telepathic contact seems to encompass all Hell-Scourges present on the battlefield, or perhaps even further.

Hell-Knight - Hell-Knights are one of the most specialised types of Daemon Knights. Aside from Bolters, their main weapon is a Thermal Lance which, albeit short-ranged, has enough power to pierce almost any armour plate with relative ease. Hell-Knights are often used to hunt down enemy Knights and Titans, exploiting their speed to attack from the sides and overwhelm opponents. In addition to this, they are perfectly suited to perform ambushes, and are often used in this respect. A notable exploit of the Hell-Knights took place on the Hive World of Kado as part of a massive daemonic incursion. Imperial forces and the Titans of the Legio Crucius suffered grave losses in the defence of that world's capital hive city. As the Titans fired upon the advancing hordes of Chaos, felling hundreds upon hundreds of daemons and Heretics, a large force of Slaaneshi Daemon Knights infiltrated the hive city's massive subterranean transportation network. As the battle raged above them, the Chaos walkers sped through the dimly lit tunnels and corridors, quickly obliterating any resistance they encountered. On the second day of the hive city's siege, the Daemon Knights emerged from beneath the ground and burst into the main streets and arcades of the city, finding themselves behind the Titans of the Legio Crucius, and within firing distance. With a single massed salvo from the Daemon Knights' Thermal Lances, nearly the entire Loyalist Titan battlegroup was destroyed, the august forms of the Titans turned into molten slag. Amongst the victims of this attack was the colossal Praeco Deictus, an Imperator-class Battle Titan which had survived the grim days of the Horus Heresy and brought victory to the Imperium on over a thousand worlds.

darkreever 02-14-14 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bindi Baji (Post 1571505)
why would anyone go to the resort of working out a comparison of one thing to a number of guardsmen?

Its a relatively easy way of giving stats/point values without actually giving the stats/point values. That way no one can claim that the likes of copyright have been infringed upon.

DarkDisciple_Nahum 02-14-14 05:28 PM

Sounds pretty badazz there vemon! Thanks for the info. I'm not big into the Great Pervert but I like the sounds of Knight titans! And I would still love to bestow one upon my Word Bearers, for their unflinching service.

venomlust 02-14-14 05:37 PM

My favorite is the Hell Knight description.

You think your Imperator is just gonna level the Chaos army, eh?

POW surprise melta shots up the ass! Slagged that old bastard.

Einherjar667 02-14-14 06:22 PM

Woah woah woah woah, this thing can go with chaos armies?