Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Wargaming News and 40k Rumors (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/34-wargaming-news-40k-rumors/)
-   -   Imperial Knight Spotted? (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/wargaming-news-40k-rumors/141769-imperial-knight-spotted.html)

venomlust 02-13-14 11:23 PM

http://natfka.blogspot.com/2014/02/d...l-knights.html

Quote:

It didnt take long for more rumors to start flowing on some rules for the Imperial Knights. Of course I am going to give these a very low probability, but they are worth pointing out just in case there is some truth behind them.

These come from 4chan. They are definitely rumors, and at this point until something comes along to confirm these, please add a lot of extra salt to these.

via 4chan **
http://boards.4chan.org/tg/res/30208365#p30212501
"My FLGS had a copy of the Imperial Knights WD drop in from the warp. Had the stats for the Knight Paladin and Knight Errant inside.

(Superheavy walkers, not MCs, which is kind of a relief considering I've had enough MCs for a fucking lifetime. Yes, this means they get Stomp, Hammer of Wrath, and all that bull.)

Paladin: 75 guardsmen cost, Errant is 74. Both are Stormraven AVs with +1 front armor and double the HP, with a 4+ invul on one facing that you choose during opponent's Shooting (but not CC or overwatch). Marine WS, BS, and I, Captain number of attacks with a strength D chainsword. Paladin is armed with a 2-shot battle cannon, and Errant has a +1S 36" large blast melta. Hilariously, the Errant has a single heavy stubber, while the Paladin has 2(!!).

So, the LGS owner did a crazy thing and proxied 5 of them using Riptides against a CSM player. Promptly proceeded to murder all 9 deep-striking oblits, all the cultists, and the suicide terminator squad (Let it be said, the ability to position the deflector shield *after* movement is finished is pretty damn powerful...). Only lost because of the Chaos Spawn and HQ hid on the second level of a ruin, and the 2 Heldrakes having ridiculously good luck on their Vector Strike rolls."
Cost of 75 guardsmen? Wtf does that mean? IG playas help me out.

revilo44 02-14-14 06:25 AM

Quote:

From Faeit 212 website Hints of Knights in White Dwarf Issue #3
Here is a link to the picture in question from issue 3 of White Dwarf that is due to be out this Saturday.
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=zxtm6w&s=8#.Uv0RgvldWSo
Quote:

via Imber from the Faeit 212 inbox
Kits are in US and have been for some time, at least a week. Insider surprised it took this long to leak. From sounds of it, wide access to loyalist armies.

Quote:

via a store in Arizona's Facebook page
Pre-Order the Imperial Knight Titan, and the WD with it's rules at the shop now!!!
So obviously we are looking at issue #4 for pre-orders for Imperial Knights. What other form this will take, dataslate or supplement is still unknown. It is suggested by rumors though that the rules or at least some of them, will be in the White Dwarf released on February 22nd.

Gret79 02-14-14 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by venomlust (Post 1570809)
So, the LGS owner did a crazy thing and proxied 5 of them using Riptides against a CSM player. Promptly proceeded to murder all 9 deep-striking oblits, all the cultists, and the suicide terminator squad (Let it be said, the ability to position the deflector shield *after* movement is finished is pretty damn powerful...). Only lost because of the Chaos Spawn and HQ hid on the second level of a ruin, and the 2 Heldrakes having ridiculously good luck on their Vector Strike rolls."

Store owner took 5? (as opposed to taking the 1 LoW allowed by escalation.)
Still doesn't win :laugh:

Thats the flgs owner, trying to break the game and failing as he still lost to a chaos army who put units where he couldn't kill them...

So yeah try to break the game, fail, blame dice/heldrakes = Plan :laugh:
I might try this -
Win = ALL L.O.W R OP - Escalation sucks
Lose = Heldrake is OP/Dice R OP/Cover is OP

Either way, I get to moan/complain = Profit.

neferhet 02-14-14 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by venomlust (Post 1570809)
Cost of 75 guardsmen? Wtf does that mean? IG playas help me out.

A squad of 10 guards is 50pts so
50 * 7,5= 375

Tawa 02-14-14 10:24 AM

I can see these things landing before April. :wink:

humakt 02-14-14 10:42 AM

I am supposing this is going to be the same price as other similar sized LoW if this actually materializes.

Tawa 02-14-14 10:52 AM

Could well be :)

Khorne's Fist 02-14-14 11:34 AM

Despite an abortive attempt to start a Tau army, I haven't really been that interested in buying 40k minis in a couple of years now. This, however, could change all that. I was going to get a Dreamforge Leviathon for only $60, but I'll have a look at this first. I think I can safely assume it'll be quite a bit more than $60 though.

Gret79 02-14-14 11:47 AM

I've seen these in other threads described as 'same price as the Lord of Skulls' - so I'd assume £95 direct.

I'm going to be upset if I can't add spikes for instant chaos LoW. If this is 375points compared to 888? :ireful2:

humakt 02-14-14 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gret79 (Post 1571457)
I've seen these in other threads described as 'same price as the Lord of Skulls' - so I'd assume £95 direct.

I'm going to be upset if I can't add spikes for instant chaos LoW. If this is 375points compared to 888? :ireful2:

As long as you get your opponents permission I can't see a problem. Especially if he has a Imperial Knight. One on one gladiatorial battle with the winner getting to squash the opponents army underfoot.