Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Wargaming News and 40k Rumors (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/34-wargaming-news-40k-rumors/)
-   -   New starter box rumor. (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/wargaming-news-40k-rumors/139057-new-starter-box-rumor.html)

venomlust 01-28-14 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar (Post 1538889)
This is interesting. A little similar to Magic the Gatherings annual Core Set.

When you put it that way, I really like the idea. Unique characters/rules would definitely help keep things fresh.

I just wish Krannon was unique in some way, and could be fielded as an undivided lord. Maybe his sword as a Daemon Weapon or something. Some flava. I bet this will come with the event's rules, though. Damn, I hope it does. How boring would that be? A boring lord with a plasma pistol, power sword, and 5+ invuln save leading a campaign.

Also, Blood Angels versus Orks sounds awesome. I accept the mandatory Astartes presence (though I would have liked Space Wolves a little more). If the quality of the sculpts is anything close to Dark Vengeance, I'm very excited to see some ornate artificer plate and weaponry.

Orks FTW. Can never go wrong with orks.

JAMOB 01-28-14 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ntaw (Post 1538385)
A starter kit with BA in it?

For my wallet's sake, I hope it isn't true.

For my armies sake, I hope it is.

This... And I was thinking of starting the new orks :/

Jace of Ultramar 01-29-14 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by venomlust (Post 1538905)
When you put it that way, I really like the idea. Unique characters/rules would definitely help keep things fresh.

It was the first thing to come to mind. If true, I may split it with a friend.

Achaylus72 01-29-14 02:44 AM

Reading what B&K wrote and others, i am now of the opinion that i am warming up to BA v Orks as they say you can't have too many Orks, and oh hell i admit the other day i got out my current Blood Angels codex and on a whimsy i put together a wishlist of building a Blood Angels Army considering the poor bastards are Khorne followers but aren't classy enought to admit it.

Also yeah i agree and considering what GW does it makes perfect sense.

I still have some bullshit and salt on hand, any takers?

Einherjar667 01-29-14 03:52 AM

I thought DV was a great set. Felt very fresh, and with the model quality, generated lots of excitement. I can see how GW would make moves toward putting out more of these sets. No complaints from me, I've even been eying the fantasy one.

CommissarAidan 01-29-14 06:20 AM

can you turn the ba into ultramarines or a different chapter

humakt 01-29-14 07:29 AM

I can see the advantage of a bi annual release to GW. It could extend the life of each version meaning they have the opportunity to ensure all codexes and army books are created for a particular version. This is with the caveat that the last few codexes of any particular version is designed for the next one.

KarnalBloodfist 01-29-14 03:45 PM

IF the rumor is true, the fortification sort of seems ... out of place for Orks. They're usually the aggressor.

ntaw 01-29-14 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAMOB (Post 1538969)
This... And I was thinking of starting the new orks :/

Shit, I have 4 armies. I could have 5....why not Orks??

Quote:

Originally Posted by KarnalBloodfist (Post 1540713)
IF the rumor is true, the fortification sort of seems ... out of place for Orks. They're usually the aggressor.

Astute. Fortifications force static play and that is decidedly un-orky.

Achaylus72 01-29-14 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KarnalBloodfist (Post 1540713)

Not if the new set has missions such as what DV has/had and the BA has to attack the Ork fortifications, make perfect sense.