Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Black Library Fiction (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/108-black-library-fiction/)
-   -   a question (kindle) (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/black-library-fiction/138849-question-kindle.html)

Bobbyfbrewster 01-26-14 01:18 PM

a question (kindle)

First of all sorry if this has been asked elsewhere. My pc died a death so won't be getting new one anytime soon so all I got is this kindle fire HD. So I am wondering is there a way I can get black library books direct from BL website straight to my kindle. Sorry if this a silly question.

HamsterExAstris 01-26-14 01:26 PM

Not that I'm aware of, no. The browser might let you download it, but it looks like the Kindle doesn't have a way to pull that into the reader app.

LazyG 01-26-14 01:29 PM

No idea on a FireHD as that is in fact an Android tablet not a kindle of the e-reader type. You can log in on BL and redownload the files but I have no idea how the FireHD handles mobi or epub files.

Maybe look into OTG cables (On the Go) cables, which let you plug in an HD to a tablet, that might be a generally good diea as a stopgap till you get a new real computer.

That said, the dead PC, was it a desktop or laptop? If a desktop, it is quite possible you can fix it by swapping parts out.

EDIT:

Wait! There may be a way, you can set up an email address you send files to to get them onto a kindle. If you donwload the file to the tablet, and you can attach it to an email to the address, that might work.

Forward Assist 01-26-14 02:12 PM

The Kindle Paperwhite can download direct from the BL site using the 'Experimental Browser' feature. Not sure about the Fire.

Bobbyfbrewster 01-26-14 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forward Assist (Post 1533897)
The Kindle Paperwhite can download direct from the BL site using the 'Experimental Browser' feature. Not sure about the Fire.

Really just ordered a paperwhite for my partner is this easy to do?

Forward Assist 01-26-14 03:15 PM

It's slightly clunky to do but does work.

Malus Darkblade 01-26-14 04:52 PM

The paperwhite has an internet browser?

Did not know.

LazyG 01-26-14 04:57 PM

There was a browser in the earlier ones too, i had one on my older 3g. It does work but it kinda sucks. Last resort for sure. If you have a another way to get the files on the kindle I'd suggest you use it.

The Scion of Chemos 01-27-14 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobbyfbrewster (Post 1533817)
First of all sorry if this has been asked elsewhere. My pc died a death so won't be getting new one anytime soon so all I got is this kindle fire HD. So I am wondering is there a way I can get black library books direct from BL website straight to my kindle. Sorry if this a silly question.

As far as I know, there is not.
The Kindle reader only reads .mobi files(much to my frustration) but I believe that you can get an .epub reader app for free on it.
I would definitely try it.
If it uses android like one of the other people said, then you should be able to, as I download BL books onto my android phone and then import them into my epub reader app.

Hope this helps!

LazyG 01-27-14 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Scion of Chemos (Post 1535145)
As far as I know, there is not.
The Kindle reader only reads .mobi files(much to my frustration) but I believe that you can get an .epub reader app for free on it.
I would definitely try it.
If it uses android like one of the other people said, then you should be able to, as I download BL books onto my android phone and then import them into my epub reader app.

Hope this helps!

As long as it is not a DRM file, just use Calibre (http://calibre-ebook.com/) to convert the file to mobi. Then it is Kindle-friendly.