Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   40k Rules Discussion (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/17-40k-rules-discussion/)
-   -   Vanguard Lightening Claws (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/40k-rules-discussion/138377-vanguard-lightening-claws.html)

raven_jim 01-23-14 01:52 PM

Vanguard Lightening Claws

Hello,

I feel like I am spamming the board with questions today so i do apologise...

I have built a list and there is one thing I have not been 100% sure on so I thought i would put the question out there...

In the new SM codex you can equip vanguard vets. with lightening claws, I have
assumed the points are per claw. I am hoping someone tells me I am wrong and the points are for a pair of claws, this will give me a few extra points if so. 150 points just seems high for 5 pairs of claws?

kickboxerdog 01-23-14 02:06 PM

you have to pay for 2 lighting claws so 30pts per model for a pair, i know it seems high and i thought the same. but in the wording in the melee section it says one costs 15 pts so have to pay for 2

raven_jim 01-23-14 02:09 PM

That's what I planned for... bugger, was hoping to free some points, it seems mad how a pair of termi claws are massively cheaper

MidnightSun 01-23-14 04:00 PM

317 Attachment(s)
Kickboxerdog's on the money.

You want heroes in Power Armour, you run Honour Guard or Space Wolves. Otherwise, you gotta bring Terminators for close combat epics. I've always thought it was a shame, since Vanguard are really cool, but seems GW disagree.

Vaz 01-23-14 06:39 PM

Regardless of price, the 2+ Save of Terminators makes them the more preferential choice for Assaults in general. It's rare AP2 is at Initiative these days, and even rarer on the preferred target of AP3 Shred weapons.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Lanfear 01-23-14 06:46 PM

Jimbo old boy. The vanguard vets are sweet models but become almost prohibitively expensive when kitted out with extra gear.
I know you want lightning claws for raven guard fluff and they look cool too of course. What about a couple of guys with dual claws and a couple with storm shields for safety? Otherwise hammer and shield terms dropped off from a stormraven are your best melee bet. Not very raven guard fluffy though I guess.
Anyway, I look forward to my Night Lords collecting a raven guard trophy for my spike racks when next we encounter.

DeathKlokk 01-23-14 07:00 PM

:::CLANG!:: goes the thrown gauntlet!

ntaw 01-23-14 07:17 PM

Due to Shred one LC out preforms a PS at the same cost in points. Even taking one per model ain't so bad in terms of points cost, plus you still get claws all over the place.

What I'm saying is you're paying 15 points for one more attack. Do you need that one extra attack?

Lanfear 01-23-14 08:31 PM

Ha, apologies for the wayward gauntlet hurling Jim. I mistakenly thought you were my regular opponent, also called Jim and also a raven guard fanatic seeking fluffy ways to use his raven guard. Turns out he is nestor73 on this forum. It seems he will attend to my Night Lords with his ravens and not yours. Cheers. :good:

raven_jim 01-24-14 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lanfear (Post 1527441)
Jimbo old boy. The vanguard vets are sweet models but become almost prohibitively expensive when kitted out with extra gear.
I know you want lightning claws for raven guard fluff and they look cool too of course. What about a couple of guys with dual claws and a couple with storm shields for safety? Otherwise hammer and shield terms dropped off from a stormraven are your best melee bet. Not very raven guard fluffy though I guess.
Anyway, I look forward to my Night Lords collecting a raven guard trophy for my spike racks when next we encounter.

Ohhhh i love a challenge...

I'd love to see my fluffy raven guard tear through you're chaos bat's. Backing out was a wise decision :taunt:

haha