Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Roleplay Threads (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/110-roleplay-threads/)
-   -   [Action] In Our Darkest Hour (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/roleplay-threads/137281-our-darkest-hour.html)

revan4559 03-21-14 06:43 PM

“Even for Talerion, that was a new level of stupidity was it not Brother-Justicar? Going off to battle not even fully armoured.” Mordred shakes his helmeted head as he runs along side Galahad at full sprint rounding corners as needed and crossing junctions until he has joined the rest of the squad. Rounding the corner towards where one of the boarding pods had crashed through Mordred spins back around the corner as he see’s that there are a group traitor guardsman by their appearance, and in the few moments he had to look at the heretics around their transport he was able to see that atleast half of them have already moved on from this position given that the capacity of the transport that they arrived in can house fifty un-augmented humans and with only twenty being present that the others have either moved on or were never there in the first place, either way it would be best to be careful.

Closing his eyes for a few moments Mordred recalls seeing that two of the twenty were carrying and arming an auto-cannon between them that can make a mess of even Astartes Power Armour if hit directly or even taking a glancing hit. Galahad then sent Mordred a psychic message: +“Mordred, can you get us to that damn gun?” Mordred opens his eyes and looks to the rest of his battle-brothers of Squad Dothrac and decides that of all of them he has the best chance of getting towards the barrier and silencing the auto-cannon as while his brother’s abilities are great they do not have his precognitive skill that is more focused towards the flow of battle and he is fairly confident that with the element of surprise and the accuracy of most normal humans he would be able to get half way down the corridor before they were able to open fire.

“All of us Brother-Justicar? Not a chance given the narrowness of the corridor and the auto-cannons rate of fire and the caliber of its shells. Myself? Most definitely.” With that and not waiting for the rest of his squad Mordred turns around the corner and begins to sprint straight towards the heretics at the other end of the corner sending to his brothers through a mental link: +“Move as soon as the Auto-cannon is silenced my brothers.”
Sprinting down the corridor with his blade gripped in his right hand Mordred raises his left arm pointing his rarely used Stormbolter towards the foes behind their hastily constructed barricades and closes his hand into a fist triggering the weapon into spitting out four shells straight towards the barricade with two of his blessed bolts punching straight into a sand bag with the other two disintegrating a guardsman’s head in a shower of red mist, brain matter and bone fragments but thank to the clanging footfalls of his ceramite boots and the fact he had fired it now meant the traitor guardsman knew he was there as he watched the two stronger looking traitors turn the auto-cannon towards him and open fire.

Pounding towards the barricade with las-bolts slicing through the air with the occasional one scorching his armour though Mordred gathered as much focus as he could spare and used it to focus his psychic abilities in trying to read the projected paths of the auto-cannon shells that were now flying towards it, thanks to the accuracy of the guardsman from what he assumed was there surprise at him appearing the first couple went wide taking large chunks out of the wall, a third flying within inches of his helmet but it was the forth shell that could of injured Mordred seriously if he had moved lowered his left arm. If he had kept his arm up and continued firing his Stormbolter then the auto-cannon shell would of slammed straight into his closed fist and likely of removed almost all of his left arm, though through either luck or his precognitive abilities (your choice Deus) the shell instead slammed straight into his Stormbolter shattering the holy weapon into fragments making Mordred’s left arm fling out to the side to avoid the worst of the impact and having his arm jerked back.

Glaring through his helmet’s light blue lens at the auto-cannon wielding guardsman Mordred raises both his left arm and his right above his head gripping the hilt of his blade in both hands before launching it with all of his might straight towards the two Guardsmen watching it spin end over end to skewer the first and perhaps even the second (your choice again Deus.) Now weaponless Mordred lowered his right shoulder and went all out putting all of his strength into pumping his heads to increase the speed and force of his sprint until his shoulder collides with the front of the barricade carrying him through and slamming shoulder first into one more of the Guardsmen and as his feet leave the ground to crush the traitor under his weight his left arm reaches out to attempt to grab the hilt of his two-handed blade as he sends a message through the squad’s collective psychic choir: +“Now my brothers.”+

Santaire 03-21-14 07:41 PM

I was already experiencing the difficulties of command it seemed. Talerion was a blind fool, running to combat not even fully armoured. He had risked his life and the lives of the squad without thinking straight. It may have seemed different in his mind, but I always understood my squad better than they understood themselves. He had dashed to the engine room because of a gut feeling rather than logical thinking. Talerion was an excellent warrior and a great man, but he thought too much in the moment and not enough about what would happen as a consequence of his actions.

“Even for Talerion, that was a new level of stupidity was it not Brother-Justicar? Going off to battle not even fully armoured.” Mordred spoke as he ran next to me. “Indeed brother, he never did think before acting.” We continued our run in silence, pounding through the corridors of Holy Wrath side by side at a breakneck speed, dashing past stunned serfs.

After a few moments of sheer speed we saw Auril and I greeted him with a raised hand. ‘Brother, it is good to see you. Let us continue on to the breach.’

We headed down the corridor in which Auril had been stood, took a turn to the left and continued on for two dozen metres before spinning into a right turn. A mistake, as it happened. We were met by a hail of las-fire and Auto-cannon rounds. I snapped by Warding Stave round and up, by sheer luck smashing a couple of Auto-cannon shots out of the air and giving myself time to dodge back out of the corridor with only a few las-burns on my plate. Still, those few were a few too many.

I opened my senses and so my mind, searching for the patches of blacker than black that were the minds of the Chaos Worshippers in the corridor. Finding what I sought, I focussed on one particular man whose mind was not quite so black and whom I thought I could reach without going mad. I looked through his eyes, examining the situation. At least twenty men stood side by side with my host, two manning the Auto-cannon. Their boarding tube was just visible out of the corner of my host’s eyes as an open door into the once pristine bulkhead. I saw the area where I and the rest of my squad had first erupted into the corridor, the walls all around it scarred and peppered with impact craters from the cannon.

I nudged my host to turn his head slightly so I could see the boarding tube properly. Odd. It could have held at least fifty men.

The facts clicked into place in my mind. These were a rearguard, supposed to hold the corridor against anyone and allow their fellows free reign to attack the engine room. And they would succeed unless I worked out a way to get past them. I withdrew my mind back into my own body and looked to Mordred. “Mordred, can you get us to that damn gun?” Mordred’s eyes opened and he gazed at me. “All of us Brother-Justicar? Not a chance given the narrowness of the corridor and the auto-cannons rate of fire and the calibre of its shells. Myself? Most definitely.”

He didn’t even wait for a response, sprinting round the corner at the enemy. +“Move as soon as the Auto-cannon is silenced my brothers.”+

I cursed and my words were not quite as eloquent as they could have been. “Bloody fool. Blind whoreson of a goat.” The words were not quite spoken in anger though, more in weary resignation. I knew nothing I could have said would have stopped Mordred and I knew he would succeed in this as he had in so many other things. The man would probably come away with not even a scar to punish his foolishness. To think not ten minutes before we had been remarking on Talerion’s short-sightedness, now the man, even with his damn foresight, was doing something just as if not more stupid.

I threw my mind at the foes and found my earlier host. I overrode his consciousness, forcing my mind into his and although I cringed at the filth I found there. I forced my weak hands to bring my las-rifle round and put it to the temple of the man next to me. He began to turn, began to scream and I pulled the trigger. The man collapsed, a tiny hole burned in his skull as the las bolt fried his brain.

I pulled out of the traitor’s mind before I could feel the pain as he was gunned down by his former fellows but I had done what I needed to; I had bought Mordred time. Not five seconds later I heard his sending. +“Now my brothers.”+

I dashed around the corner and pounded up the corridor, my storm bolter spitting fire and my Warding Stave held in my right hand, ready to bring it round to crash into the head of the first heretic I reached.

HonorableMan 03-22-14 11:19 PM

Remain in his present position for Mordred and Galahad. Yes, the proper thing to do; Auril reversed his sword and let the tip down on the deck. With a clink of metal on ceramite, the Astartes folded his hands over the weapon's pommel and lowered his head.

"Our Emperor," he began, the words never leaving his helmet. "our Protector, spread Thy wings over us..."

It wasn't long before Galahad and Mordred reached him; the Grey Knight looked up, the multiple targeting reticles inside his helmet's display hovering over each of them before blinking green. Galahad greeted him; Auril acknowledged the gesture and the words with a nod of the head, picking up his sword and following the Justicar to the breach.

Heretics. Twenty, his helm-display counted. Two at an autocannon. Not enough, with those that Talerion had purged before, to fill a boarding pod. Where, then, were the others?

Two lasbolts struck the Astartes upon his right pauldron, scorching the ceramite there. Auril pulled away, staying in cover. The autocannon's large-caliber shells could shred even Aegis plate, possibly.

Mordred and Galahad shared a rapid-fire exchange- it ended with Mordred charging off into the enemy alone, before the Justicar could respond. Auril repressed all criticism- such things were the Justicar's duty only- and listened to Galahad's words. Once more, straightforward; charge once the gun was silenced.

Mordred gave the signal.

Auril spun around the corner, huge boots pounding on the deck. His left arm was up, storm bolter spitting- precise shots, twin bolts slamming into center mass and blasting heretics apart in wet, gory explosions. One. Two. Three.

He was almost there; the Astartes' left hand met his sword's hilt, and, a meter before hitting the barricade, he leapt. The first strike was the most valuable, and he intended to make it count.

Deus Mortis 03-26-14 02:30 PM

Void battles were always a curious thing, Brotherhood Champion Jairus thought as he stood in the entrance to the bridge watching it all play out. It was not the constant din and split second reactions of a battlefield that he was used too. It was a mathematical exercise, or at least it seemed to be. It was a battle that was fought a ponderously slow pace and even the explosions of might vessels as their ammunition and fuel detonated did not seem real without the cacophonous boom of the explosion and the tremor of the earth as it shook. He was certain that those on the bridge did not see it as such, given the endless calculations and factor they had to consider to be able to carve such ships apart, but Jairus determined it was not a form of combat he was predisposed towards.

He had stood in the doorway for long enough, and now reports were filling his vox and mind of squads performing their duties admirably and slaying the heretics who had tried to board Holy Wrath. In a matter of moments the last of them would be dead, and the Knights of Titan could go on the offensive. “How goes the fight Captain?” Jairus called from the archway. Ignaus turned his head and smiled “Well, my lord. But we are only one vessel and can only track so many targets at once. “
“Would it help if the Grey Knights leant their strength to the assault?” Jairus asked knowing the answer. Ignaus smiled broadly, knowing exactly what the Brotherhood Champion had in mind.
“Aye, it would my lord.” Jairus nodded and turned on his heel. As he walked away, he spoke into the vox
“Magos Kane, prepare the teleportation array. Master Ignaus will provide the co-ordinates when you need them.” He switched channels to the general vox, speaking to every Grey Knight on the ship. “Once all targets are neutralised, report to the teleportation banks.”

All: The clean-up operation is more or less completed by this point. All that remains is to slay the remaining vermin who are seeking to defile Holy Wrath. After that, you have other orders, ones which imply a far more offensive approach.

Galahad: You’re telepathy causes a small scuffle to erupt, which has not yet sorted itself out by the time Mordred gives you the signal to proceed. You and Auril bound down the corridor, and you can either fire off some Storm Bolter shots or wait until you are close and you can dispose of the traitors in a more personal manner. By the time you reach the crowd, Mordred has already retrieved his Nemesis Force Sword and you proceed to cut the terrified traitors down. (Since there are 16 left , you should be killing about 5-6 each).

As the last body falls to the floor, Talerion and Ianus bolt round the corner. You also notice that Mordred has lost his Storm Bolter for his impulsiveness. You could chastise him now, or choose to wait until later when you don’t have a duty to perform. Or perhaps you don’t think it is worth chastising him at all since he did allow you to reach your foes unharmed and he was not harmed either. Whatever you do, five of you, united at last and clad in your full battle plate, charge towards the likely target.

The distance between the entrance wound and the engines is quickly covered by your impressive Astartes physique. As you reach the engines, you see 15 of the guardsmen firing at serfs which are defending from the upper gangway. Both groups are ducking behind boxes and crude wrought iron and you can see that although the serfs are out gunned and outnumbered they have fought valiantly. The other 7 are using the cover of the firefight to try and attach explosives to parts of the engine and fuel lines.

You may order your squad into a particular attack formation, since thus far they have not shown great promise in working in tandem, or just let them run in and scythe down the traitors as they see fit. Either way, dispatch of the saboteurs. (Again, you should be killing 4-5 each). You should inform Jairus and the bridge command that you have dealt with one of the breaches. Jairus then orders you all to make your way to the teleportation banks and it would wise to proceed there will all haste, as you may well be able to guess why you are summoned there, and even if you don’t the fact that it’s an order is reason enough to not delay.

Talerion: It is several long moments before Ianus appears. Do you wait with a weary resignation, slowly bubbling anger or with no strong emotion at all? If you do feel something, do you bring it up with Ianus when he arrives or remain silent? In any case, now that you are both together and full clad in your battle armour, you make your way to your brothers. Just as you arrive, the three of them are killing the last of a very hastily built gun emplacement. Counting the bodies and looking at the size of the boarding pod, you quickly realise what the others have; there are about 20 men unaccounted for, most likely moving in the direction of the plasma engines.

Realising there is no time to lose the five of you, united at last and clad in your full battle plate, charge towards the likely target. The distance between the entrance wound and the engines is quickly covered by your impressive Astartes physique. As you reach the engines, you see 15 of the guardsmen firing at serfs which are defending from the upper gangway. Both groups are ducking behind boxes and crude wrought iron and you can see that although the serfs are out gunned and outnumbered they have fought valiantly. The other 7 are using the cover of the firefight to try and attach explosives to parts of the engine and fuel lines.

Galahad may order a particular attack pattern, or perhaps you all just run in and scythe down the heretics. Either way, dispatch of the saboteurs. (Again, you should be killing 4-5 each). Once Galahad has informed Jairus and the bridge that the breach has been dealt with you are all ordered to make your way to the teleportation banks and it would be wise to proceed there will all haste, as you may well be able to guess why you are summoned there, and even if you don’t the fact that it’s an order is reason enough to not delay.

Auril: Mordred gives the signal not longer than a few seconds after he turned the corner. You and Galahad bound down the corridor, and you can either fire off some Storm Bolter shots or wait until you are close and you can dispose of the traitors in a more personal manner. By the time you reach the crowd, Mordred has already retrieved his Nemesis Force Sword and you proceed to cut the terrified traitors down. Remember you to also have your pyrokinetic abilities, but since these are merely guardmen you may choose to use your powers sparingly, if at all. (Since there are 16 left , you should be killing about 5-6 each).

As the last body falls to the floor, Talerion and Ianus bolt round the corner. However, you don’t have time to waste as you have realised that there are still 22 men wandering around the ship, likely heading towards the plasma engines. The five of you, united at last and clad in your full battle plate, charge towards the likely target. The distance between the entrance wound and the engines is quickly covered by your impressive Astartes physique. As you reach the engines, you see 15 of the guardsmen firing at serfs which are defending from the upper gangway. Both groups are ducking behind boxes and crude wrought iron and you can see that although the serfs are out gunned and outnumbered they have fought valiantly. The other 7 are using the cover of the firefight to try and attach explosives to parts of the engine and fuel lines.

Galahad may order a particular attack pattern, or perhaps you all just run in and scythe down the heretics. Either way, dispatch of the saboteurs. (Again, you should be killing 4-5 each). Once Galahad has informed Jairus and the bridge that the breach has been dealt with you are all ordered to make your way to the teleportation banks and it would be wise to proceed there will all haste, as you may well be able to guess why you are summoned there, and even if you don’t the fact that it’s an order is reason enough to not delay.

Mordred: Your precognitive abilities save you from mortal harm, but sadly not you’re your Storm Bolter which is blown apart by the heavy calibre shells of the autocannon. Although its loss is unlikely to trouble you, since it is rare is sees any action with you anyway, Magos Kane will have more than a few strong words with you when he discovers you have lost it. Your sword impales both of the gunners. Several of the traitors scratch at your armour, either with their flimsy combat blades or short range lasgun shots but to no avail. You quickly retrieve your Nemesis Force Sword and in doing so you may choose to kill some of the guardsmen with your bare-hands. By the time you have done so your brothers are amongst the crowd as well and you proceed to cut the terrified traitors down with contemptuous ease (Since there are 16 left , you should be killing about 5-6 each).

As the last body falls to the floor, Talerion and Ianus bolt round the corner. However, you don’t have time to waste as you have realised that there are still 22 men wandering around the ship, likely heading towards the plasma engines. The five of you, united at last and clad in your full battle plate, charge towards the likely target. The distance between the entrance wound and the engines is quickly covered by your impressive Astartes physique. As you reach the engines, you see 15 of the guardsmen firing at serfs which are defending from the upper gangway. Both groups are ducking behind boxes and crude wrought iron and you can see that although the serfs are out gunned and outnumbered they have fought valiantly. The other 7 are using the cover of the firefight to try and attach explosives to parts of the engine and fuel lines.

Ianus: I am officially NPCing your character. If you decide to return PM me and I will start to include you in the regular updates. Until such a point, if it occurs, your actions will be dictated by me.

Krymson86 03-29-14 04:19 AM

As Ianus finally came around the corner he spotted Talerion "Brother Talerion, glad to see you are armored and ready for combat now." There was a matter of fact tone to his words and Talerion returned the greeting with a genuine apology "My apologies brother for delaying your progress to our battle brothers," he spoke as he bowed his head to his battle brother. The time spent waiting had been tense, but moreso from knowing that every moment they had wasted here was solely because of his decision in the first place, he could not feel anything but good will towards Ianus, for his Battle Brother had been forced to divert his own course to ensure he had time to fully armor himself for battle.

Ianus' response was one of humility as he reassured Talerion, "Brother, there is no need to apologize to me, a formal apology to the Justicar may be in order however. We should move on quickly now brother and rejoin the others." Ianus had never been one to mince words, least of all when the ship was under attack.

Talerion took the lead of the duo, retaking the passages through the fallen Traitor Guard he had personally cut down and making their way to the Plasma Engines with all haste. "Justicar," his voice called out over the vox comm, "I have linked up with Brother Ianus and we are presently moving towards your current location."

As the Justicar, Mordred and Auril came into view he watched the final throes of the Traitors who manned the makeshift turret meet their rightful deaths. Galahad issued orders, quickly explaining that there were still some twenty or so Traitors aboard the ship and that their target was likely the engine room.

Quickly slipping into the lead of the formation Talerion gave his reasoning, trying to explain that he was not simply hungry for glory as the others may have suspected. "With my psychokinetic defenses Brother Justicar I can protect myself and the rest of Dothrac at least momentarily from any ambush we may encounter." Taking note that Mordred's storm bolter was no longer with his brother in arms he continued "My storm bolter is still functional, so I would also be equipped to return volley from a distance if need be." His force halberd shimmered with crackling energies as he held the weapon in his right gauntleted hand, his left arm with his storm bolter also took a pink and white crackling pattern just over the vambrace, a psychokinetic barrier about the size of a combat shield forming, demonstrating his readiness to his battle brothers and in particular to Galahad.

Santaire 04-10-14 02:23 PM

I sprinted down the corridor after Mordred, letting off several shots with my storm bolter that tore through a man at the forefront of the enemy line before I crashed home, driving my Warding Stave through the stomach of another man before kicking him off the end of the weapon and spinning it over my palm and slamming the side of the stave into the side of another’s head. Releasing the staff from my right hand in mid air I stepped forward and caught it with my left, driving the sharpened butt through a man’s chest while my right fist smashed another in the face, snapping his head back so he fell like a rag doll with its strings cut.

A man lashed out with an axe and I stepped forward, placing my Warding Stave in the joint where handle met blade before yanking it back towards me. The weapon flew out of the man’s hand and twisted on the haft of my stave. I caught its handle and brought the weapon down on the cultist’s head, slicing him almost into two pieces as I dragged the axe down through his body. I released the hilt and stepped back, surveying the carnage.

Even as the last body fell Talerion and Ianus charged around the corner, skidding to a halt nearby. I also noted Mordred’s loss of his Storm Bolter. I would deal with it later though, we were in the middle of a combat situation and he had enabled us to reach our foe unharmed while remaining so himself. ‘With me brothers’ I sent before turning and pounding towards the engines, a distance swiftly covered by my squad.

As we entered the room I saw fifteen of the guardsmen firing at serfs who defended the area from the upper gangway, exchanging fire with their opponents using las-weapons and small side-arms. Both groups were in cover behind boxes of iron and although the serfs had no chance of actually winning the fight I could see how valiantly they had fought from the amount of enemy dead that littered the ground. Seven other targets were using the cover of the firefight to attach explosives to parts of the engine and the fuel lines.

"With my psychokinetic defences Brother Justicar I can protect myself and the rest of Dothrac at least momentarily from any ambush we may encounter. My storm bolter is still functional, so I would also be equipped to return volley from a distance if need be." Talerion’s words intruded into my thoughts and I looked to him. He had already taken point, standing closer to the enemy than any of the rest of the squad. Hearing his words of an ambush I loosened my mind from the constraints of my flesh and sought out the sparks that were the minds of our foes. Sliding into one of them I examined his surface thoughts and memories.

Pulling back I smiled. “We have no need of a defence Talerion. Not only could I not find the minds of any enemies lying in wait for an ambush but they are unaware that any of our ilk are onboard, thinking this to be a mere merchant or Imperial Guard ship. No, a defence against ambushes is not necessary at this time. If I have need of your abilities Brother, I will inform you. As it is, I want you to accompany me to eliminate the traitors attacking our serfs. Mordred, you will also be with us.” Turning to the two whose names I had not mentioned I spoke to them. “I need you to focus on the saboteurs Brothers. We cannot let them detonate the charges and destroy the engines for if they achieve so we and everyone onboard this ship will die. You will kill them quickly and without warning so that they cannot detonate the explosives in fear.” Addressing the squad as a whole I gave them the most important of my orders since I had become their Justicar. “No bolters Brothers, we cannot risk a stray round damaging the engines or setting off the enemy charges.”

I motioned to Ianus and Auril to move towards the saboteurs and began to move towards the fifteen men attacking the serfs. I motioned to Talerion to take point as he had wished to do earlier but before he did so I sent a simple message. ‘They cannot be made aware of us until Auril and Ianus have struck Brother.’

‘Mordred,’ I sent. ‘Flank around them and hit them from the left. I will hit them from the right and we will press them into a tighter pack and keep them exposed for fire from the upper gangway.’ It went off flawlessly, Ianus and Auril slicing their way through the saboteurs mere moments before Talerion crashed into the rear of the enemies we were targeting and Mordred and I flanked them.

I smashed in the face of one with the edge of my Warding Stave, spinning it in my hand to knock a blow with a bayonet down into the floor and flicked the head of the staff up to take the man who had lunged in the stomach, sending him staggering backwards. I reversed my grip on my weapon and drove it butt end first through the man’s sternum, pinning him against the crate he had been earlier sheltering behind. I heard a scream behind me and the crackle of a power sword. Turning quickly I knocked his blow aside with my Warding Stave but he had me on the back-foot. I was forced to step back several times, avoiding his crackling blade. I tired of the dance soon though and a quick series of illusions had the man screaming and trying to tear his own eyes out.

A fifth man attempted to get a shot off that would have took me in the throat, possibly even puncturing the seal from such a close range. However a las bolt took him at a steep angle from above, burning through his right temple and melting his brain. I raised my Warding Stave to the serf who fired the shot before turning back into the fray. But it seemed my work was done, Talerion and Mordred resting their swords and Ianus and Auril walking towards me.

I opened my mind, letting my senses explode as I sought for one person in particular. Jairus. I informed him of my squad’s success in securing the engine room and the esteemed Brotherhood Champion then ordered me to go to the teleportation banks. I returned to my own body, although loathe to confine myself to only five meagre senses, nothing at all compared with what my mind allowed me. Still, I relished the order I had been given, able to reliably guess what we were to do. ‘Brothers,’ I sent to my squad. ‘I believe we are to take the fight to the enemy aboard his ships.’

revan4559 04-10-14 05:10 PM

Pushing himself off of the now dead heretic that was crushed by the weight of his fully armoured form, Mordred looks around at the others as their knives harmlessly bounce of off of his armour and their las-rounds do not register as anything more than and annoyance. Reaching out with his left hand he grabs one of the heretics by the hair and yawns him forward before clamping his right hand around his jaw and with a savage twist he brutally snaps the mans neck before dropping him and turning to look for another target as he batters his way towards his sword. Stepping forward he back hands one man with the back of his left arm using what is left of his ruined Stormbolter to smash into the guardsman’s face and break his nose knocking him to the floor either dead or stunned Mordred did not care.

Moving towards his blade Mordred hauls a knife and pistol wielding guardsman up by the front of his uniform and slams his helmeted head into the mans face breaking his nose, shattering his jaw and snapping his neck all at once before dropping the corpse and striding over it where he then grips the hilt of his blade with both hands and withdraws it in one smooth motion. While holding it in the reverse grip Mordred thrusts it out behind him impaling a forth guardsman through the chest before withdrawing it and turning his blade to hold it in a normal grip where upon swinging it in a wide arc he removes the heads of two more traitorous guardsmen leaving arcing fountains of their blood to cover the walls and floor. Before he can maneuver for another swing that Mordred stops as the rest of his squad Brothers slam into the ground and slay the rest of them. Turning to look at Galahad he nods his head and awaits his Justicars orders.

Listening to Galahad order the now fully united squad, now that Talerion and Ianus have arrived they begin making their way towards the reactors at a sprint knowing that the remaining twenty-two traitors are still at large and are now at their primary objective which is proven when the squad skids to a halt at one of the entrances to the reactor core and see a fire fight going on between the ships serf’s and the traitor guardsman. Looking at the fire fight and then at the seven heretics attaching explosives to the core Mordred turns his helmet to look at Galahad and waits to see if his Justicar has any specific orders for dealing with these traitors.

Nodding his head in acknowledgement to being ordered to flank around the left Mordred moves off remaining hidden as best as he can while trying to avoid making too much noise as his boots clang against the steel floor and once he has moved to the left flank of the heretics currently engaged in battle he waits until Galahad begins his charge before making his own. Charging forward Mordred’s lips curl into a small smile as he watches his fellow brothers follow Galahad’s plan perfectly as he kicks off of the floor and launches himself into a jump and watches a guardsman turn to begin firing las-shots in his direction. Slamming his left foot into the traitors sternum he kicks the now dying Guardsman who would be drowning and choking on his own life blood into one of his fellow traitors knocking off balance, Mordred swings his sword in a two handed grip slicing through two other heretics thanks to the length of his sword and how close they were packed together.

Turning to look at two more traitors hiding behind some steel crates of spare parts Mordred sheath his two handed sword across his back and strides over to the crates ignoring the las-rounds pinning off of his armour and punches both of his hands through the crates hauling the two guardsman up off of the floor by their throats and stares at them with his expressionless helmet as he speaks to them before snapping their necks by increasing the pressure of his hold on them. “Your souls were damned the moment you turned from the Emperors Light, go now into the void after lift and tell the daemons that live there when they tear your corrupt souls asunder that Dothrac and the Grey Knights will never let them have this universe.”

Dropping the two bodies Mordred turns his attention to Galahad and strides over to him he redraws his blade and holds it in his right hand as he awaits his orders from Galahad. Listening to what he has to say about them taking the fight to the enemy Mordred wonders if he will have time to make a quick stop at the armory and meet with Brother Tech-Marine Juilianus before making his way with the rest of Dothrac to the nearest teleportation pad.

Krymson86 04-13-14 03:00 AM

“We have no need of a defence Talerion. Not only could I not find the minds of any enemies lying in wait for an ambush but they are unaware that any of our ilk are onboard, thinking this to be a mere merchant or Imperial Guard ship. No, a defence against ambushes is not necessary at this time. If I have need of your abilities Brother, I will inform you." Justicar Galahad spoke with authority he had not possessed mere days before and it still took some getting used to. this was the first encounter they'd had since losing Brother Justicar Zephyr and Talerion wondered if that somber thought was weighing on his own thought processes. "Of course Brother Justicar," he responded in genuine though, quickly putting aside his frustrations, he was a Grey Knight and as such was held to an even higher standard than any other Astartes and he chastized himself silently for even having such misgivings at a time like this.

‘They cannot be made aware of us until Auril and Ianus have struck Brother,' Galahad reached out to him in thought before motioning with his hand that he wanted Talerion to take point. Stealthily maneuvering in the shadowed and hazard red illuminated room he crept forward, crouching behind a data station in the engine room. "No bolters Brothers, we cannot risk a stray round damaging the engines or setting off the enemy charges,” were Galahad's followup orders. *+Of course Justicar, may our blades unleash the Emperor's Justice,"+* Talerion's thoughts reached out, audible to all of his brothers through their psychic link, but intoned mostly to Justicar Galahad.

As Auril and Ianus sprang forth from their concealment in the shadows, the saboteurs quickly turned their attention, in a desperate effort to defend their location. At the first flash of movement from his battle brothers Talerion leapt, literally into action from behind the data station, breaking into the rear of the assembled traitors, his left arm wielding a psychokinetic combat shield used to backhand one of the Traitors clear across the room, the heretic crashing in a crumpled heap of crushed flesh and bone. A thrust from his right hand saw another of the Traitor Guard run through with his Force Halberd, transitioned into a slashing motion to his right, tearing through the impaled Traitor with a surgically clean cut to tear through another Heretic's upper torso, leaving both in rough halves on the floor, their treacherous blood the price paid for their offense against the Imperium.

From the shadows a crack sounded, a rush of bright pink energies instantaneously reaching its target. Merely a foot away from his helm, Talerion's combat shield disappeared, a larger, broader half dome of pink and white psychokinetic energy flared up, diffusing the incoming Hellgun blast completely. Before the Traitor could exhale indisbelief, Talerion's halberd was released from his right hand, flying true and impaling the Heretic, hitting with such force that the man was pinned to the far wall. The pink and white flickering energy then encased both his fists, meaning to use them as both defensive and bludgeoning weapons against the foes of the Emperor, scanning quickly for more targets, but seeing that the member of Dothrac had handily and efficiently dispatched of their foes with nary a scratch on their respective armors.

‘Brothers,’ Justicar sent to the entire squad. ‘I believe we are to take the fight to the enemy aboard his ships.’ Talerion quickly collected his Nemsis Halberd and fell in line, knowing they were to proceed to the teleportation decks. *+At your orders Justicar we will bring glory to Squad Dothrac and justice to those who would defile His name and turn their back's on the Emperor!+* He let his thoughts be heard by the entire squad, he knew they would agree, he was not shy when it came to his feelings on those who would betray The Emperor and he relished the chance to serve the Imperium in combat.

Deus Mortis 04-20-14 10:16 PM

Brotherhood Champion Jairus stood by the teleportation array waiting for various units to arrive. Ignaus would continuously feed him information on smaller ships that could be taken by Strike Squads. One by one, these squads disappeared through the void and appeared in the heart of the enemy fleet. There were Astartes Chapters who specialised in this type of guerrilla warfare, but the Grey Knights were the finest troops that the Imperium could muster and Jairus had faith in his men.

As he waited for other squads to arrive, a lone ambassador arrived. “Ah Cato, it’s good to see you returned to us. We appreciate your service to the Emperor and our Chapter. Sadly, due to necessity, we had to let your squad continue onto other missions. However, Apothcary Michael tells me you are ready to serve again...” At that moment Squad Dothrac walked through the inscribed archways. “Right on time Dothrac!” Jairus said in an elated voice. “Cato, this is Squad Dothrac and their Justicar Galahad. They will be your new squad brothers!” A trembled rocked through the ship as another powerful broadside was deflected and another vessel destroyed by Holy Wrath’s powerful weapon batteries.

“Sadly there is no time for formal introductions. Your introductions will have to be conducted in the crucible of war. Magos, are we ready?”
“Affirmative Brotherhood Champion.” Replied Magos Kane, his voice metallic, cold and formal.
“You will take a vessel named Light of Hope. You should be teleported close to the bridge. Take control of that, and the rest should fall. The Emperor protects!” Then another Strike squad disappeared into the fray and Jairus returned to his duties.

All: Two developments this update. Firstly, Cato has joined your squad. You should introduce him to your psychic communion and at least indicate that you acknowledge him. The other is you have been teleported aboard one of the enemy vessels, the tactical information of the ship’s layout has been relayed to your HUD. You have your mission. Achieve it, by any and every means. Once you get on-board and kill those in your immediate surroundings, you may simply proceed blindly or conduct a ‘sending’ and collect intel before you proceed.

Galahad: You lead your unit to the teleportation chambers, passing serf and servitors carrying various reparation equipment, clearly bound for the breaches. They also carry flamers and tanks of blessed promethium, for purging the taint from your holy vessel. As you approach the arch-way leading to the teleportation you sense two other Grey Knights before you see them. One you recognise as Brotherhood Champion, and the other you don’t know. Once Jairus introduces you and your squad, you step into the teleportation array as Magos Kane runs the last few preparations. A moment later there is a blinding flash and you feel yourself being thrown through the warp, towards your quarry.

Your squad enters the enemy vessel with the force of a seismic explosion, the walls buckling outwards and those around you are thrown to the floor and against the walls, the impact killing many. Klaxons blare in defiance of your intrusion, but it is too late. You will find yourself momentarily disorientated by the teleportation. However, years of training and indoctrination allow you to recover far quicker than those around you, several of whom have been pulverised against the walls and floor by the force of your arrival. In the corridor there are about 20 men struggling to their feet even as you are already on yours. Put them down like the heretics that they are and then begin your journey forward and up four levels to the bridge.

Talerion: You follow Galahad unit to the teleportation chambers, passing serf and servitors carrying various reparation equipment, clearly bound for the breaches. They also carry flamers and tanks of blessed promethium, for purging the taint from your holy vessel. As you approach the arch-way leading to the teleportation you see two other Grey Knights. One you recognise as Brotherhood Champion, and the other you don’t know. Once Jairus introduces your squad, you step into the teleportation array as Magos Kane runs the last few preparations. A moment later there is a blinding flash and you feel yourself being thrown through the warp, towards your quarry.

The squad enters the enemy vessel with the force of a seismic explosion, the walls buckling outwards and those around you are thrown to the floor and against the walls, the impact killing many. Klaxons blare in defiance of your intrusion, but it is too late. You will find yourself momentarily disorientated by the teleportation. However, years of training and indoctrination allow you to recover far quicker than those around you, several of whom have been pulverised against the walls and floor by the force of your arrival. In the corridor there are about 20 men struggling to their feet even as you are already on yours. Put them down like the heretics that they are and then follow Galahad as you journey forward and up four levels to the bridge.

Auril: (If you can post your previous update with this one, that would be great, just so people know what you were up to in the last one.) You follow Galahad to the teleportation chambers, passing serf and servitors carrying various reparation equipment, clearly bound for the breaches. They also carry flamers and tanks of blessed promethium, for purging the taint from your holy vessel. As you approach the arch-way leading to the teleportation you see two other Grey Knights. One you recognise as Brotherhood Champion, and the other you don’t know. Once Jairus introduces your squad, you step into the teleportation array as Magos Kane runs the last few preparations. A moment later there is a blinding flash and you feel yourself being thrown through the warp, towards your quarry.

The squad enters the enemy vessel with the force of a seismic explosion, the walls buckling outwards and those around you are thrown to the floor and against the walls, the impact killing many. Klaxons blare in defiance of your intrusion, but it is too late. You will find yourself momentarily disorientated by the teleportation. However, years of training and indoctrination allow you to recover far quicker than those around you, several of whom have been pulverised against the walls and floor by the force of your arrival. In the corridor there are about 20 men struggling to their feet even as you are already on yours. Put them down like the heretics that they are and then follow Galahad as you journey forward and up four levels to the bridge.

Mordred: You follow Galahad to the teleportation chambers, passing serf and servitors carrying various reparation equipment, clearly bound for the breaches. They also carry flamers and tanks of blessed promethium, for purging the taint from your holy vessel. As you approach the arch-way leading to the teleportation you see two other Grey Knights. One you recognise as Brotherhood Champion, and the other you don’t know. Once Jairus introduces your squad, you step into the teleportation array as Magos Kane runs the last few preparations. A moment later there is a blinding flash and you feel yourself being thrown through the warp, towards your quarry.

Cato: Apothecary Michael flicks through the data-slate for about the fourth time in your session. He hasn’t spoken in several minutes, but you can see him scrutinising your latest batch of tests. Your suspended animation was very turbulent for you, lasting over six months. It was only in the last two months that you have been awake, and the last four weeks have been ceaseless exercises in preparing yourself to resume your combat duties. Finally, Michael speaks. “All your organs are performing optimally. Muscle degradation is minimal and your Larraman count is satisfactory. I declare you fit for combat.” He puts the data-slate to the side. He is about to say something else when the klaxons sound.

After a moment of hesitation, Michael speaks into the vox-piece in his ear. “Yes sir, he is ready…I’ll tell him right away.” He turns back to you. “You are report to the armoury. Your weapons and armour have been prepared in advance for you. Once you have collected them you are to report to Brotherhood Champion Jairus in the teleportation array.” He stands and goes to move away, presumably to tend to other matters before flashing you a wry smile “No rest for the weary, eh Cato?”

You collect your armour and weapons and don them as quickly as possible as the ship repels the intruders. You proceed to the teleportation array, presumably anxious to resume live combat after so long spend out of the fray. You enter just as a squad is teleported out to battle and Brotherhood Champion Jairus greets you. As you two talk, another squad enters and Jairus introduces them to you as your new squad brothers. You then step into the teleportation array as Magos Kane runs the last few preparations. A moment later there is a blinding flash and you feel yourself being thrown through the warp, towards your quarry.

(Hello everybody! Sorry about the rushed update even though it is overdue on my part. I wanted to give you guys an update and I had some free time to I took the opportunity to transition the space battle on a bit and introduce our newest player, Farseer Darvaleth. With his character being introduced, you might want to consider how your characters and the squad as a whole will react to their newest member given that they have all recently been bonded by their recent tragedy. This update is slightly lighter on the stabbing things and is more for discussing the recent fight, Cato joining the squad and anything else you like really.

Having said that, bear in mind that since there are about 20 enemies in the immediate vicinity, you should be killing about 4 each. Whilst Ianus is still ‘with you’ at this point, for all intents and purposes he does not factor into combat unless I say he does or you PM me and interact with him/me as you would any other NPC. Obviously if kyleripper returns I’ll integrate him back in, but until then or some accident befalls him, that’s how he’ll work as a character.

Oh, and happy Easter everyone!)

Krymson86 04-23-14 04:06 AM

Following in right behind Justicar Galahad, his tabard draped about his waist whipping about as they moved with great purpose to the teleportation decks. Talerion sensed two other Astartes were awaiting there arrival before he saw them. They were graced by the presence of the Brotherhood Champion himself, Jairus, resplendent in his artificer aegis armor stood before them, directing their path to war. Talerion could not help himself, somewhat in awe of such a celebrated warrior he took a single step forward, his halberd held across his chest and he formally bowed to the Champion, he spoke no words, the gesture was clear he was greatly honored to meet Jairus, a warrior so impeccable that the Brother Captain trusted him as his guardian. Someday Talerion hoped he would carry that mantle.

His attention was then pulled away as he returned to his proper place in formation of Dothrac, the other Grey Knight was a man he had never met, nor heard of. Reinforcements to accommodate recent losses in the squad were to be expected, but the loss of their comrades was still raw. He then noticed this new Astartes' right shoulder plate was black, in contrast to the armor of all other Grey Knights. Something about it grated Talerion, but still he introduced himself to this newcomer in a reasonably cordial tone +* Battlebrother Cato, my name is Talerion, your blades and bolter are welcome, though in Dothrac, our power armor is all grey.*+ He communicated telepathically, his words were more matter of fact than designed to be offensive, but he took great pride in the grey armor that Dothrac and the rest of the Grey Knights wore, the color of the armor his brothers had recently fought and died in.

As they were called up to the teleportation decks Talerion gestured with his force halberd to Mordred "To glory Brother Mordred!" a somewhat boastful laugh erupted from him, turned even more grating by the vox comm. The two often enjoyed a spirited rivalry and in typical fashion for Talerion, he had no problems announcing that he felt that they would cut, quite literally, through the enemy like a hot knife through butter. He then stepped onto the teleportation deck and a bright flash took hold of him.

A dizzying, nauseating sensation gripped him, his vision was blurred, everything was bright white, an electrical hiss and pop in the air about him. His vision returned to him, ingesting water to combat the terrible dryness that took hold of his throat with every teleport jump. With his faculties fully returned he stood up from his kneeling position, taking stock of his surroundings, all of his battle brothers had made the jump safely and were steeling themselves for the battle ahead. The klaxons rang out, droning on and on when he noticed a traitor getting himself to his feet. His storm bolter spit forth a burst, the concussive boom echoing in the chamber they had arrived in. The first bolter round impacted the traitor square in the chest, leaving nearly nothing left of the man and making the second bolt unnecessary as it tore into the shreds that remained of the body.

He then leapt forward, placing himself amidst a small fire team of traitors who had sought to rally themselves together. Their las guns went off, ricocheting off his ceramite plates, singing the slate grey armor, but nothing found its mark. Talerion landed in a thud, though with a surprising amount of grace in his form. He landed in a kneeling position, flicking his wrist and bringing his halberd up with lightning fast reflexes, the blade cut through one of the traitors with starling ease, cleaving him in two from the waist up through his skull, the body falling as blood spurted out onto the floor and wall as the body fell away. An expertly targeted strike with the butt end of the halberd connected with one of the heretics who had attempted to sneak up on him. The concussive force of the blunt end of the weapon connected with the man's chest, the audible crunch indicating the bursting of his heart and lungs along with the crushed in ribcage. A forcful, yet elegantly executed thrust saw another heretic impaled on the halberd, blood misting in the air as the blade was torn free of the vile man's torso.

His intended targets eliminated, Talerion quickly scanned the room for remaining threats and awaited additional orders.