Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   40k Fluff (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/18-40k-fluff/)
-   -   If you could be a Space Marine, what chapter/legion would you choose? (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/40k-fluff/134001-if-you-could-space-marine-what-chapter-legion-would-you-choose.html)

Malus Darkblade 12-26-13 06:26 AM

If you could be a Space Marine, what chapter/legion would you choose?

Traitor or loyalist.

For me personally, I'll have to go with the Space Wolves. My favorite legion is the Alpha Legion but they have barely been described whereas with the former, they've been fleshed out to an amazing degree.

I love their sense of brotherhood. It feels closer than the other legions and their wolf-like senses and overall character makes it understandable why they're one of GW's most popular legions.

If the Alpha Legion received the same treatment then I'd go with them in a heartbeat.

What about you? I'd be extremely surprised if anyone chose to become a World Eater.

Initiate 12-26-13 07:27 AM

Psh, being a World Eater would be awesome! Not a care in the world, just spilling blood all day.

In seriousness though I think I'd be an Emperor's Child. I don't see how anybody could choose a life of pain, hard work, intense dedication and self sacrifice that pretty much every other Astartes is stuck with, when you could be having fun all day every day.

Reaper45 12-26-13 07:34 AM

If I had to choose one I'd choose the wolves, they're friends to humanity and are willing to sacrifice allot to protect them.

If I had other options It's a toss up between salamanders, iron hands and raven guard and wolves.

Phoebus 12-26-13 08:28 AM

If I had to choose one of the Chapters of the Adeptus Astartes... it would be the Iron Snakes of Ithaka.

Chompy Bits 12-26-13 08:57 AM

If I could be one... I'd be running in the opposite direction screaming. The life of a space marine sounds horrible.

If I had to be one, I'd probably go with an Ultramarine quite frankly. They aren't my favorite chapter, but they are well balanced, respected, have stable geneseed, and a mini-Empire instead of a single homeworld (even if it is a mere shadow of what they had pre-Heresy). Plus, if it's in Ward's universe I'd probably be able to spit fireballs and fart lightning.

Lost&Damned 12-26-13 12:06 PM

fuck it, im not going to do the relatively safer chapters/legions, im becoming a grey knight, preferably a librarian of the grey knights, maybe the fluff will allow me to be nigh invulnerable and give me the ability to slay a primarch.

Or maybe just become a space marine that hangs out on the edge of civilization lording over a planet.

WaLkAwaY 12-26-13 12:26 PM

Grey Knight.

Vaz 12-26-13 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chompy Bits (Post 1476841)
If I could be one... I'd be running in the opposite direction screaming. The life of a space marine sounds horrible.

If I had to be one, I'd probably go with an Ultramarine quite frankly. They aren't my favorite chapter, but they are well balanced, respected, have stable geneseed, and a mini-Empire instead of a single homeworld (even if it is a mere shadow of what they had pre-Heresy). Plus, if it's in Ward's universe I'd probably be able to spit fireballs and fart lightning.

There's a curry house down the road which can do that to you.

For me, it would either be Emperor's Children preHeresy, Sons of Horus or Alpha Legion.

Post Heresy, exorcists. All those 'i beat cancer pics'? Fuck that 'i was possessed by a daemon and defeated it'.

Actually, that must be how the Exorcist works. '100 billion likes and i defeat my possessing daemondjsjsjtjskfjrksjtjjsktjgjskfigjslsogjskekffd sj...'

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

piemelke 12-26-13 07:47 PM

I would say BA or mentors, standing in the back telling others how to fight and getting all the fancy tech,
cavakes

Reaper45 12-26-13 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lost&Damned (Post 1477009)
fuck it, im not going to do the relatively safer chapters/legions, im becoming a grey knight, preferably a librarian of the grey knights, maybe the fluff will allow me to be nigh invulnerable and give me the ability to slay a primarch.

Or maybe just become a space marine that hangs out on the edge of civilization lording over a planet.

That's cute, someone better tell logan you're invincible.