Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Video Games & Software (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/31-video-games-software/)
-   -   Right-Wing Fuckwits use Satirical Bioshock Artwork to Promote themselves (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/video-games-software/132793-right-wing-fuckwits-use-satirical-bioshock-artwork-promote-themselves.html)

Vaz 12-17-13 02:45 PM

Right-Wing Fuckwits use Satirical Bioshock Artwork to Promote themselves
 
http://www.neoseeker.com/news/24317-...re-its-satire/

Quote:

The right-wing conservative group NLF, or The National Liberty Foundation, has posted BioShock Infinite anti-immigration propaganda on its Facebook page. I guess they agree with Washington's message: "It's our holy duty to guard against the foreign hordes."

The thing is, BioShock Infinite presents this kind of propaganda as satire, in a game that shows us how awful racism and other aspects of 19th century thinking was. The National Liberty Foundation, on the other hand, either doesn't know this or simply does not care. To no one's surprise, the group is associated with the US' conservative Tea Party (GOP) and based in Florida.

On the NLF Facebook page, where the image of Washington is so inappropriately displayed, the collective states that their aims are "the importance of free enterprise, limited government, fiscal responsibility, individual liberty and American heritage."

I'm guessing that "American heritage" part excludes anyone who didn't emigrate from 17th century Europe. You know, the "foreign hordes."

Update: Apparently all the Internet attention did not go unnoticed. The group has since removed the image from their Facebook page and left a long-winded message about how the trolls have given them the publicity they needed. Also, their name is "The National Liberty Federation," not "Foundation," ecause the latter wouldn't be creepy enough.
One of the comments reminded me of the PETA Nuzlocke Pokemon game - http://s7.zetaboards.com/Nuzlocke_Fo...ic/8743154/1/; either intentionally, or unintentionally strawmanning the "opposition", and ending up recreating it. Because nothing says "Fuck the cunts;aliens;terrorists etc" like taking artwork and reusing it inappropriately.

A bit like Nazi Germany recreating the "Careless Talk Costs Lives" posters from WW2 saying "Look we're killing the Brits because they're talking".

MURICA, FUCK YE.



100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Jacobite 12-17-13 08:15 PM

Surprised I am not. These types of fuck knuckled mouth breathing retards wouldn't understand satire or context if it walked up and bitch slapped them with their own mother. It's like whenever I see or hear people spouting off Leviticus as an argument against homosexuals, anybody who actually uses that as an argument evidently has never actually read Leviticus.

Tawa 12-17-13 09:49 PM

So, the Dutch, Spanish, French, Irish, English, Scottish...... etc :laugh:

Basically, "Americans"....?

Jacobite 12-17-13 10:14 PM

Pretty much, in these circumstances I always remember the scenes in Gangs of New York with Bill the Butcher going on about kicking out the 'foreign hordes" and who they were at the time. Try spinning that same line and target these days? Oh you want to kick all the Irish out? Good fucking luck, can I please be there to watch when you try?

Words_of_Truth 12-17-13 10:39 PM

I think it's kind of funny they talk about limited government and individual liberty while proclaiming the UK must stay in the EU and get closer to it even.

Wusword77 12-19-13 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tawa (Post 1463369)
So, the Dutch, Spanish, French, Irish, English, Scottish...... etc :laugh:

Basically, "Americans"....?

They're more concerned about the Latinos who cross the border illegally to act as migrant workers, in addition to the Asians and Indians (from actual India) as opposed to Europeans.

That being said, they're still another group in America that isn't attacking the actual problem, but an "easier" target to solve the "issue" that is set before them.

I'd go further but this board isn't about politics.

SwedeMarine 12-19-13 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wusword77 (Post 1466041)
They're more concerned about the Latinos who cross the border illegally to act as migrant workers, in addition to the Asians and Indians (from actual India) as opposed to Europeans.

That being said, they're still another group in America that isn't attacking the actual problem, but an "easier" target to solve the "issue" that is set before them.

I'd go further but this board isn't about politics.

Yeah that about sums it up. And in truth its not even so much about Immigrants as about "noncontributing" immigrants. We do have alot of people in the Senate who are Latinos (for example) that are also Tea Party Members. Marco Rubio Anyone?

Tawa 12-19-13 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SwedeMarine (Post 1466113)
And in truth its not even so much about Immigrants as about "noncontributing" immigrants.

That's major problem here. However, as you say, this isn't a political forum so we'll leave it at that :good:

emporershand89 12-28-13 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tawa (Post 1466377)
That's major problem here. However, as you say, this isn't a political forum so we'll leave it at that

Well......since the death of the "World Events and Current News" thread this is kind of the new location for such posts. Do not let that stop you if you think you have something to say. Speak your mind good sir and let the squabbling begin.

Quote:

To no one's surprise, the group is associated with the US' conservative Tea Party (GOP) and based in Florida.
I'm going to smack this writer across the face. The Tea Party has nothing in common with these folks; apart from a few members who share membership with each respective organization. The NFL are Conservatism to the extreme, the Tea Party is (supposedly) a modern Conservative Movement. Sheesh guy, enough!

darkreever 12-28-13 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emporershand89 (Post 1479241)
Well......since the death of the "World Events and Current News" thread this is kind of the new location for such posts.

Let me just point out that that forum is gone for a reason, and it was most certainly not so we can turn other sub forums, let alone the video games one, into such a cesspit.


Quote:

Originally Posted by emporershand89 (Post 1479241)
The NFL are Conservatism to the extreme,

So I guess its going to come as quite a surprise to you that almost everyone else see's the tea party as being exactly this.


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:20 PM.

Powered by the Emperor of Man.


vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise v2.6.0 Beta 4 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome