Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Television and Movies (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/174-television-movies/)
-   -   Last episode of Doctor Who *possible Spoilers* (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/television-movies/13130-last-episode-doctor-who-%2Apossible-spoilers%2A.html)

angels of fire 07-06-08 07:12 PM

Last episode of Doctor Who *possible Spoilers*

Anybody else watch it? I thought it was brill some great script writing in there.

cccp 07-06-08 07:47 PM

i thought it was great. best episode for at least a series.

solitaire 07-06-08 08:33 PM

It was fantastic though I don't think it was the best of the series.

Yes that's right I said it.

My biggest issues with it was that all the Daleks were killed... again... I'm getting a bit bored of every series being "OMG the Daleks survived and/or created a massive empire". The other thing is that I always thought Rose wasn't that good a companion, she was all right, but definitely not good enough to be the Doctors One True Love.

Saying that I loved Davros and practically had a fit when he made that maniac laugh!
....Go Davros!!!

beenburned 07-06-08 09:25 PM

My only gripe, was the taking earth back to where it belongs...I'm sorry but it was just a bit too shit for my liking. Why was the earth shaking? would people who hadn't got anything to hold onto be shaken off the earth, burn up in the atmosphere then leave a trail of burnt out corpses between where the daleks took it and our solar system. Well, that's what I wanted to happen. But yea, aside from that I enjoyed it massively.

Pariah 07-06-08 09:49 PM

I thought the earth had been returned with the other planets, until they said it hadnt been. It was a wtf! moment. I also think that in the past 2 years, the Doctor has managed to get over Rose, but not the other way around. However, the "clone" obviously hadn't. As he was fresh to the emotions, and was able to say "I love you." to Rose.

Alas, do not forget that the Doctor would have prefered River, as she actually knew his name and Rose never did. I presume she will now, or possibly the "clone" will change it.

Apart from that I think it was a well conceived episode. Very visually appealing. However, I think that the constant resurrection of the Daleks and Cybermen should perhaps be stopped.

Lord Sinkoran 07-07-08 10:17 AM

I thought it was a bit obvious like reading a book but davros's laugh is hilarious. I new davey tennent wasn'y going to leave as he is the best doctor ever.

chrisman 007 07-07-08 04:45 PM

Best doctor who episode in a long, long time. However, why do they have to kill of the daleks? It didn't fit in and felt really rubbish, why couldn't they of just escaped the empire, so it could come back in later series? The daleks, the cybermen, or any of the aliens aren't as scary (they're still frightening though) as they used to be, as they are always so easily beaten. Still, a great episode!

angels of fire 07-07-08 05:04 PM

Me thinks the scariest episodes were the gas masked boy one and the angels one. Gave me the shivers. "Are you my mummy?"

cccp 07-07-08 05:44 PM

davros isnt dead though, they left that bit open ended, so the daleks will return at some point

beenburned 07-07-08 05:46 PM

yeah, but the whole thing about one last dalek managing to stay alive has become a bit of a cliché these days. Why not just have an everpresent empire? Make the doctor lose for once goddamnit!