Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Wargaming News and 40k Rumors (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/34-wargaming-news-40k-rumors/)
-   -   Games Workshop 2014 Release Schedule (Updated 17DEC13) (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/wargaming-news-40k-rumors/130300-games-workshop-2014-release-schedule-updated-17dec13.html)

Geist 11-19-13 01:24 AM

Games Workshop 2014 Release Schedule (Updated 17DEC13)

Outdated rumors are behind Spoiler tags. I am reasonable sure of the armies listed that they will be released on that month, but everything after that is uncertain, so refer to rumors below for speculation on order of release.
JAN: Tyranids
FEB: Dwarfs
MAR: Imperial Guard

11nov13
Outdated

Quote:

Originally Posted by an anonymous source from the faeit 212 inbox
next coming armies are tyranids, imperial guard & spacewolves for 40k and dwarfs, wood elves and orcs & goblins for fantasy.

21NOV13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry Vela (aka Big Red) on Bols
December/January: Tyranids
Q1-14: Dwarfs, Imperial Guard
Q2-14: Wood Elves, Orks
Q3-14: WFB 9th, Bretonnians, Space Wolves
Q4-14: Dark Eldar, ???

You should treat each quarter as less reliable than the one preceding it. Q4 would certainly allow 1-2 more releases. Based on this list the following armybooks/codeces would still be left un-updated for both systems:

40K:
Blood Angels
Necrons
Grey Knights

WFB:
Skaven
Beastmen

If you throw in one of those two WFB books leftover into Q4, and it's almost entirely updated by end of 2014!

12dec13
Quote:

Originally Posted by stickmonkey on faeit 212
just as an add to your release schedule post… i’ve had some unconfirmed info that gw is targeting two 40k release months for each non 40k release month. If true, then we could see eight 40k months out of 2014…

Quote:

Originally Posted by an anonymous source on faeit 212
based upon current information, the remaining 40k codexes will release in alternating imperial and xenos releases:
Tyranids
imperial guard
orks
blood angels
dark eldar
space wolves
necrons
grey knights

this covers all current outstanding codexes that have not been touchedin 6th edition. (as much as people hate it, sob have a new codex).

No independent deathwatch codex mentioned for third arm of the inquisition, may appear as a supplement to sm around the ork release, maybe.

Jacobite 11-19-13 02:13 AM

This new GW page/shop is that the supposed merger between them and FW?

Geist 11-19-13 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacobite (Post 1433285)

I believe so, in addition to a general website makeover.

Ddraig Cymry 11-19-13 02:18 AM

What do the months with the same release mean? We get more or just dragged out releases?

Jacobite 11-19-13 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geist (Post 1433288)
I believe so, in addition to a general website makeover.

So if you live in NZ or Aussie... now is the time to buy FW because chances are the prices will increase. That and you can probably kiss goodbye to FW putting out experimental rules.

Carna 11-19-13 04:53 AM

Dang I hope they don't change the FW prices into AU/NZ prices. Forge World is the only place to get a reasonably priced Land Raider. The other releases look good :)

Zion 11-19-13 05:17 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacobite (Post 1433285)

Yes. FW is supposed to be taking over anything that's still in Finecast when it happens (plus maybe converting what's made of metal into resin as well) and the resin/metal guys will be shuffled over to FW which will increase it's production capabilities and turn-around.

GW wants to eventually move FW over to plastic or another cheap material that is better to mass produce in last I read too. But that looks to be a ways off.

At least that's how the rumor goes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ddraig Cymry (Post 1433290)
What do the months with the same release mean? We get more or just dragged out releases?

Those should me months of "wave" releases, like the Dark Elves. Basically we're hitting a point where there is a lot in metal/Finecast and GW wants as much of that as possible in plastic.

Sadly it looks like no Sisters for 2014, but if they get a 2015 release (or this schedule is wrong) they'll get the same if FW hasn't taken them over and is doing them in FW resin by that point.

Jacobite 11-19-13 05:23 AM

As long as FW keeps producing awesome looking minis and doesn't start with a similar pricing pattern to GW then I don't care what they make their minis out of really!

alasdair 11-19-13 07:35 AM

I can't see there being much for an O&G release, let alone a two parter. It would probably be new normal Goblins, Wolf Riders and Chariots, maybe new Doom Diver or plastic Squig Herds/Hoppers, but not that much.

Khorne's Fist 11-19-13 10:41 AM

SWs in August would be just the right timing for me to get back to them for next years army painting challenge, assuming we have a couple months break after this one.