Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Roleplay Threads (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/110-roleplay-threads/)
-   -   In Our Darkest Hour - Grey Knight RP (Recruitment) (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/roleplay-threads/129873-our-darkest-hour-grey-knight-rp-recruitment.html)

Deus Mortis 10-29-13 09:00 PM

In Our Darkest Hour - Grey Knight RP (Recruitment)

In Our Darkest Hour

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...2nRWiM1k6O9Xuw

”You must face the truth squarely and without flinching from duty. Our Enemies are mortal no longer. Mercy for such as they is a chimera, self-deception is its only ally. Dedicate this weapon, given unto your hand at the behest of the Emperor, to their destruction. Regard its function as your only duty: you live only to bring cleansing fire. Take up your rod and staff, your armour and psycannon, and go forth.” – Attributed to Galbus Heer

+++ Excerpt from sealed record Sigma-Delta-Nine-Four-Seven +++
Security level: Indigo
+++ Content: Battle of Cophelus +++
+++ Transcribing begins:
Of our battles there can be no record. No planet will keep our banner waving to celebrate their liberation. There will be no parade in our honour. Our soldiers cannot have statues erected on the worlds they have saved to mark their bravery. We must perform our thankless task and rest assured in the knowledge that we have helped to save humanity from the taint beyond.

Such began the battle for Cophelus. Our Prognositcars had felt many omens surrounding this planet. Further scrying revealed that if this world fell, the system and then the whole sector would be ravaged by warp storms and the Enemy would gain another foot-hold. Furthermore, key resources would be denied to the Imperium. Such dire consequences could not be allowed to come to pass, and thus the 6th Brotherhood of Chapter 666 sailed forth with truth and silver to bring death to humanities greatest threat…

:Transcribing paused +++

It is one year after the Months of Shame. The Grey Knights have managed to replace some of their numbers lost in the infamous First War for Armageddon. Titans training halls have been a non-stop hive of activity, as have the forges. Both have been working to create new men and arms in order to defend against Humanity’s most insidious foe; Chaos. Nemesis Force Weapons and Aegis armour of fallen heroes have been repaired and Astartes who have served an unknowing Imperium all their lives have been buried in the secret burial halls on Titan.

Yet, this infamous chapter of daemonhunters cannot afford to rest, for neither do their foes. The Dark Gods are tempting mortals and Astartes alike in order to sway them to their cause. One such root of temptation is the planet Corphelus. It is a thriving Hive World in the Segmentum Pacificus. But even the Imperium can only watch so many people, and in the depths of Hives it is easy for cults to the perverse powers of Chaos to spring up.

The governor of Corphelus believes his realm to be compliant and loyal. However, servants dedicated to the ruinous powers are insidious and have worked their way into the very command echelons of the world. The governors own right-hand man is dedicated to Slaanesh and is ready to sacrifice him to the Dark Prince as part of a ritual to summon tainted Chaos Space Marines and Daemons and engulf the planet and the system in a warp storm. Their plan is almost at fruition. The gate will be opened on Corphelus; that is inevitable.

However, the fall of the system is not. The Prognosticars of the Grey Knights have foreseen these events unfolding and have sent a full squad Grey Knights from the 6th Brotherhood to meet up with Inquisitor Gardon, who is far closer to Corphelus than the Knights of Titan are. You are amongst these brothers. You have been chosen by Brother-Captain Jairus. One of the Chapter’s sleek ships is sailing toward their next fight right now. It’s time for each of you to don your Aegis, grab your Nemesis Force weapons and push back the enemies of mankind. For the Glory of Terra!

Now for DA RULZ:
1. Post length should be around 300-600 words (with correct grammar and punctuation please).
2. At least one post per update. Usually that will be fine, but I’ll let you know if an update needs more.
3. No God-modding. Grey Knights are pretty bad-ass, but I’ll give you indicators of how easy your foes are with the relevant updates.
4. No killing other players. Fairly simple, it wouldn’t be in character and wouldn’t make sense in the story.
5. Updates will be fortnightly. Most likely Mondays, but I’ll let you guys know if not. I also might extend it for real life of the players getting in the way or other such situations.
6. PM me or post in the recruitment thread if you won’t be able to post. If you don’t, you may well find that your character has some bad luck in future. Similarly, I will let you know if real life stops me updating in a timely manner.
7. Stay in character. Really important and really basic.

Next up is the character sheet:

Name: (Fairly obvious, but remember all Grey Knight names are “actually a fragment of magical lore that acts in perfect opposition to the true name of a particular Daemon, making even a Grey Knight's name a deadly weapon”)

Age: (Fairly obvious here, but I’m setting a minimum cap at 80 and a max cap at 200. Old enough to have experience, but not old enough to have advanced within the hierarchy of the chapter.)

Appearance: (This should include armour and physical appearance. If you want to separate the two that’s fine, but I’d like a description of noticeable things under the armour [scars, tattoos, etc] as well as the armour itself. Feel free to add purity seals and liturgy to your armour as this would be common for Grey Knights. As detailed as you can)

Personality: (Again, a good detailed description as this will define who you are and how you act. It’s also important because it helps me form updates and specific scenarios for you guys/gals. Probably should be your second longest section, tied with your appearance and second only to your history section.)

History: (Now, none of you will remember your life before joining the Chapter. However, I am making a call that says that you can include your trials to become a Grey Knight. Remember at that point you would have been assigned a number rather than a name. This should also include significant achievements and perhaps stories of brothers you have lost or things that have come to define you characters, or any daemonic nemesis’s you might have. I’ll leave the exact details up to your discretion.

Also this should include any aspirations you have. Does your character want to become a techmarine? Or an apothecary? Or a Brotherhood Champion? Or even a Purifier or Paladin? Basically aspirations to anything that isn’t a basic Strike Squad marine is fine, as well as noting any steps you have made towards that goal. However, just to state clearly, you will not be what your character aspires to be in this RP, although they might move closer to that goal.)

Psychic discipline: (This is should be a description of the psychic abilities which you manifest. These include: precognition, biomancy, telekinesis, pyromancy and defensive magic. This is not a description of the psychic powers you have, but where your psychic strengths lie)

Equipment: Aegis Power armour, Nemesis Force Weapon , Storm Bolter, Frag grenades, Krak grenades, Psyk-out grenades

For every 5 players, one may select a heavy weapon (Incinerator, Psycannon or Psilencer) which will replace both the Storm Bolter and Nemesis Force weapon.

Any player can have either a Nemesis Force Sword, Halberd or Falcions. For every 5 players, one player may select a Nemesis Daemon Hammer or one player may select a Nemesis Warding Stave.

These will go on a first come first served basis for the first 5. After they have been taken, we wait there are 5 confirmed players, and then it’s first come first served until we reach 10 players. Hopefully that makes sense.

On psychic powers:
In my experience, giving players free reign can get out of control. So, my call is that the primary use of psychic powers will be through your force weapons. There will be other abilities which you use as determined by your character sheet, but I will direct the usage of these.

On Nemesis Force Weapons:
Each Nemesis Force weapon has attributes assigned to it.. They are:

+ Nemesis Force Sword: Provides an improved defence (although not as much as a Warding Stave) in combat whilst still retaining the killing edge of a blade.
+ Nemesis Force Halberd: Provides an extended reach allowing for you to get the first strike in more often than not.
+ Nemesis Force Falcions: Provides the ability to land more attacks or fight numerous foes more effectively, but has a diminished range compared to most weapons.
+ Nemesis Daemonhammer: Provides unparalleled strength, but at the cost of speed.
+ Nemesis Warding Stave: Provides the greatest protection, but is not as effective at piercing armour as other weapons.

Finally, you will have noticed that I haven’t specified who will be a Justicar. I will chose who will be the Justicar, so just write the characters you want and I’ll let you know once I have all the characters in.

I didn't change a lot from the original recruitment thread, but I felt it was best to start with a fresh thread. I'm looking for between 5 and 10 character so it's worth both my time and yours. I look forward to seeing your characters.

Accepted Characters:
1) Talerion Kybahr - Krymson86
2) Auril - HonourableMan
3) Mordred - revan4559
4) Galahad - Santaire
5) Ianus Evandrus - kyleripper (NPC'd until further notice)
6) Cato Marquand - Farseer Darvaleth (NPC'd until further notice)
7) Eriban - deathbringer
8)
9)
10)

Krymson86 10-30-13 03:27 AM

Name: Talerion Kybahr

Appearance: Talerion is of just under average height for an Astartes at 7'2", his face could almost be described as classically handsome, save for the slight misproportions of features as a result of being an Astartes. His eyes are a fiery maelstrom of blue, barely concealing his disdain for the woes and Chaos of the universe. His hair, black as a raven's feathers is cut short on the sides while being slightly longer on the top and in the back. He bares a script tattoo on his right hand (his blade arm) that reads the entire Grey Knights War Cry, his left arm is covered in the script of The Canticle of Absolution along with the sigil of Malcador etched into the flesh on his wrist, just above his palm. His build is broad, even by Astartes standards and he casts an imposing shadow, especially with his oft unflinching, seemingly made of stone facial expressions.

Talerion's armor is of course unpainted ceramite grey, though his shoulder plates each bare the litagies of prayers and ward against all the evils that Chaos can spew forth. His storm bolter has a purity seal stamped onto the top of its housing, as well as a prayer enscribed on the storm bolter itself, placed there by the tech adepts of the Brotherhood, to ensure the weapon fires true in the most dire of times. His chest plate has a ring of gold filagree spanning across its width in a gentle arc, just below the protective gorget. Similar filagree etchings can be found along the shoulder plates as well as on the greaves. His Nemesis Force Halberd has a single purity seal on it, given to him as a result of his efforts to repel, with his battle brothers a large scale incursion into the material world of Bloodletters of Khorne and for single handidly defeating a Herald of Khorne and sending the foul warp spawned beasts back into the immaterium.

Personality: Talerion is often quite serious, but he is actually rather well humored, often finding slight bits of amusement even in the most dire of circumstance. He can sometimes be perceived as hotheaded, but his temper is only ever directed at his enemies and the enemies of the Imperium, and only with the aid of proper liturgies so as to protect himself and his brothers from the taint of Chaos.

History: Talerion can only vaguely recall his days as a recruit. He remembers most clearly the feeling of accomplishment when being accepted as a full fledged Grey Knight into the service of the Imperium. As with all Grey Knights, Talerion was immediately placed into active duty, fighting alongside his brothers against Chaos followers and their demon masters.

Though still relatively young, Talerion aspires to become a Brotherhood Champion, to become a beacon and inspiration for his fellow battle brothers. Likewise, he wishes to become a Champion so that his duty may be to safeguard the Brotherhood's Captain and ensure that the leadership of the Brotherhood is left intact even if it means his sacrifice in combat. His skill with his Nemesis Force Halberd has not gone completely unnoticed, as even his battle brothers and Captain have complimented and given their thanks for his skills with his weapon in the righteous service of the Emperor. Likewise Talerion has always taken any such praise with humility and does not allow himself to become too prideful, knowing that pride will lead to arrogance and arrogance could lead one astray to become victim to the foul machinations of Chaos.

Talerion's loyalty to his Brotherhood and Chapter is, like his battle brothers, beyond reproach and he seeks only to serve the Emperor, ridding the universe of Chaos or giving his life in the process.

Psychic discipline: Defensive Magic

Equipment:
Aegis Power armour
Nemesis Force Halberd (it looks more like a glaive to me,lol)
Storm Bolter
Frag grenades
Krak grenades
Psyk-out grenades

HonorableMan 10-30-13 06:03 AM

Name: Auril

Appearance: Auril is, in both height and build, average (for an Astartes). He keeps his head shaven, tattooed as it is with warding prayers; his eyes are deep green, inquisitive and suspicious. An Imperial aquila is branded on the left side of his neck, matched on the other side by the hammer sigil of the Ordo Malleus. His sacred Aegis battle-plate is engraved with tiny, almost invisible scripture from head to foot, making it appear rather dull compared with the shining silver of many of Auril's battle-brethren. The armor is bedecked with many purity seals and prayer papyruses. His storm bolter's black casing is engraved with the gold-inlaid names of all its prior bearers, tracing back to its original forging in early M38. Auril's chosen Nemesis weapon is a sword, a long blade of unadorned iron and silver.

Personality: Auril is a taciturn fellow, normally silent and brooding. When called upon to speak, he chooses each word carefully, mulling them over before voicing them. In battle he is relatively calm, intoning prayers and litanies in a quiet voice as he slays. Focused, he rarely deviates from his goals, and never has he disobeyed an order nor broken an oath.

History: Auril does not remember nor care about the arduous years during which he was transformed into one of the Emperor's angels; he believes that what he was does not matter, only what he is now. Thrust into an unforgiving galaxy of war immediately after his training and augmentation, Auril lived up to the harsh and brutal standards of the Grey Knights. Surviving for a century and a half as a Grey Knight is no mean feat; he attributes this to his unflagging faith in the Emperor and his training. Spending much of his time in the practice cages, Auril's obsession with combat training is a point of concern to his superiors- he is seen as single-minded. Despite this (or perhaps because of this), he has been spoken of as a possible candidate for the Chaplaincy, a position that he aspires to greatly. Only time will tell whether he will live long enough or be suitable.

Classified as a pyrokine, Auril brings the cleansing fire of the Emperor to His enemies with great zeal.

Equipment: Aegis armor, Nemesis sword, storm bolter, frag, krak, and psyk-out grenades.

Deus Mortis 10-30-13 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krymson86 (Post 1427641)
Name: Talerion Kybahr

Appearance: Talerion is of just under average height for an Astartes at 7'2", his face could almost be described as classically handsome, save for the slight misproportions of features as a result of being an Astartes. His eyes are a fiery maelstrom of blue, barely concealing his disdain for the woes and Chaos of the universe. His hair, black as a raven's feathers is cut short on the sides while being slightly longer on the top and in the back. He bares a script tattoo on his right hand (his blade arm) that reads the entire Grey Knights War Cry, his left arm is covered in the script of The Canticle of Absolution along with the sigil of Malcador etched into the flesh on his wrist, just above his palm. His build is broad, even by Astartes standards and he casts an imposing shadow, especially with his oft unflinching, seemingly made of stone facial expressions.

Talerion's armor is of course unpainted ceramite grey, though his shoulder plates each bare the litagies of prayers and ward against all the evils that Chaos can spew forth. His storm bolter has a purity seal stamped onto the top of its housing, as well as a prayer enscribed on the storm bolter itself, placed there by the tech adepts of the Brotherhood, to ensure the weapon fires true in the most dire of times. His chest plate has a ring of gold filagree spanning across its width in a gentle arc, just below the protective gorget. Similar filagree etchings can be found along the shoulder plates as well as on the greaves. His Nemesis Force Halberd has a single purity seal on it, given to him as a result of his efforts to repel, with his battle brothers a large scale incursion into the material world of Bloodletters of Khorne and for single handidly defeating a Herald of Khorne and sending the foul warp spawned beasts back into the immaterium.

Personality: Talerion is often quite serious, but he is actually rather well humored, often finding slight bits of amusement even in the most dire of circumstance. He can sometimes be perceived as hotheaded, but his temper is only ever directed at his enemies and the enemies of the Imperium, and only with the aid of proper liturgies so as to protect himself and his brothers from the taint of Chaos.

History: Talerion can only vaguely recall his days as a recruit. He remembers most clearly the feeling of accomplishment when being accepted as a full fledged Grey Knight into the service of the Imperium. As with all Grey Knights, Talerion was immediately placed into active duty, fighting alongside his brothers against Chaos followers and their demon masters.

Though still relatively young, Talerion aspires to become a Brotherhood Champion, to become a beacon and inspiration for his fellow battle brothers. Likewise, he wishes to become a Champion so that his duty may be to safeguard the Brotherhood's Captain and ensure that the leadership of the Brotherhood is left intact even if it means his sacrifice in combat. His skill with his Nemesis Force Halberd has not gone completely unnoticed, as even his battle brothers and Captain have complimented and given their thanks for his skills with his weapon in the righteous service of the Emperor. Likewise Talerion has always taken any such praise with humility and does not allow himself to become too prideful, knowing that pride will lead to arrogance and arrogance could lead one astray to become victim to the foul machinations of Chaos.

Talerion's loyalty to his Brotherhood and Chapter is, like his battle brothers, beyond reproach and he seeks only to serve the Emperor, ridding the universe of Chaos or giving his life in the process.

Psychic discipline: Defensive Magic

Equipment:
Aegis Power armour
Nemesis Force Halberd (it looks more like a glaive to me,lol)
Storm Bolter
Frag grenades
Krak grenades
Psyk-out grenades

Looking good. Accepted.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HonorableMan (Post 1427658)
Name: Auril

Appearance: Auril is, in both height and build, average (for an Astartes). He keeps his head shaven, tattooed as it is with warding prayers; his eyes are deep green, inquisitive and suspicious. An Imperial aquila is branded on the left side of his neck, matched on the other side by the hammer sigil of the Ordo Malleus. His sacred Aegis battle-plate is engraved with tiny, almost invisible scripture from head to foot, making it appear rather dull compared with the shining silver of many of Auril's battle-brethren. The armor is bedecked with many purity seals and prayer papyruses. His storm bolter's black casing is engraved with the gold-inlaid names of all its prior bearers, tracing back to its original forging in early M38. Auril's chosen Nemesis weapon is a sword, a long blade of unadorned iron and silver.

Personality: Auril is a taciturn fellow, normally silent and brooding. When called upon to speak, he chooses each word carefully, mulling them over before voicing them. In battle he is relatively calm, intoning prayers and litanies in a quiet voice as he slays. Focused, he rarely deviates from his goals, and never has he disobeyed an order nor broken an oath.

History: Auril does not remember nor care about the arduous years during which he was transformed into one of the Emperor's angels; he believes that what he was does not matter, only what he is now. Thrust into an unforgiving galaxy of war immediately after his training and augmentation, Auril lived up to the harsh and brutal standards of the Grey Knights. Surviving for a century and a half as a Grey Knight is no mean feat; he attributes this to his unflagging faith in the Emperor and his training. Spending much of his time in the practice cages, Auril's obsession with combat training is a point of concern to his superiors- he is seen as single-minded. Despite this (or perhaps because of this), he has been spoken of as a possible candidate for the Chaplaincy, a position that he aspires to greatly. Only time will tell whether he will live long enough or be suitable.

Classified as a pyrokine, Auril brings the cleansing fire of the Emperor to His enemies with great zeal.

Equipment: Aegis armor, Nemesis sword, storm bolter, frag, krak, and psyk-out grenades.

Likewise accepted.

Although, it wouldn't hurt when you get a chance for you to both expand your histories.

revan4559 10-30-13 07:24 PM

I shall start work on my character sheet later on tonight Deus, though it probably wont be finished until friday so just letting you know.

kyleripper 12-28-13 03:15 PM

I'm nearly done my character, I should have it done in the next little while :).

Euphrati 12-29-13 11:42 AM

Interesting...

I'm a bit rusty but I might just toss a character up here and see what I can do again.

Deus Mortis 12-29-13 12:26 PM

In Our Darkest Hour - Grey Knight RP (Recruitment)

Foolish me to have given up hope! If you guys/girls want to put up some characters, we'd have the minimum required and we could get this show on the road :)

revan4559 12-29-13 01:46 PM

Working on my character sheet now Deus. And would you go my the oh-so-kind favour of logging on Skype as i want to talk with you about it.

revan4559 12-29-13 06:21 PM

Heres my character sheet Deus with the changes you asked for. Let me knoe via pm, message or skype if i need to change anything.

Name: Mordred

Appearance: Remaining unpainted like all armour of the Grey Knights Chapter, Mordred’s armour is almost as knightly as you can get it with a high pointed gorget to protect his throat, with his shoulder plates bearing a higher rim along the top inscribed with wards against daemons and traitors with the bottom corners each bearing a purity seal. Mordred’s chestplate is rather plain compared to most of his battle brothers with only the Liber Daemonicus and a small downturned sword attached to the chestplate with the words ‘Vengeance’ inscribed along the blade. The rest of Mordred’s armour is unremarkable bearing no real sign of personalization other than inscribed litanies or wards against daemons with his vambraces bearing inscriptions and purity seals of strength and ‘true striking’, finally is the silver blue tabard that hands from Mordred’s waist which reach’s down to almost his feet.

Mordred stands at just over average height for an Astartes with a matching build that means he is muscled in all the right areas for one of the God-Emperors chosen save perhaps the muscles around his chest and arms are slightly larger and more defined from his preferred method of training and combat with his Nemesis Force Sword. Mordred’s facial features if he was still human would best be described as hawkish and slightly aristocratic high a pointed nose, high cheek bones and a slightly pointed chin and with eyes of almost silver blue but now he is among the Imperium’s finest the proportions are now larger due to being an Astartes. Mordred often wears his raven black shoulder length hair loose save for when preparing for battle where he then ties it into a small tight pony tail before placing on his helmet.

While being only having served in the Grey Knight’s for little over a century Mordred is still relatively unmarked by his service save perhaps for a thin slightly pink scar that runs from above his right eye diagonally down to just above the left side of his top lip making his face and near permanent sneer of distance which he directs to all traitors and daemons. The rest of his body is covered in the silver inked tattoo’s that form the Aegis with his fore arms bearing additional tattoo’s and liturgies to match those that are on his vambraces.

Personality: To call Mordred serious would not do him or the word any justice, he is serious to the point of being stubborn and utterly unyielding in any situation often scalding the younger Talerion when ever the younger Astartes find time to make any jokes or find any humor in a situation especially in battle though at times Mordred can be given to rare if not slightly understood morbid humor to do with their situation or remarking upon events of the past. To his battle brothers Mordred can always be counted on to be a focus point of seriousness and stubbornness that has served the squad well in battle time and time again through the ability to never give up and always forge a path towards the objective heedless of any dangers going on around him and it is said it is by pure luck this battle brother has remained as undamaged and unscarred as he is at the moment.

Such is Mordred’s distain for the enemies of the Imperium, especially Daemon’s and Traitors alike he has been known to often and willingly charge towards the leaders of such foes in order to take their heads for the God-Emperor and show their followers the result of challenging the Imperium, with Mordred’s preferred method of getting into range with his Force Sword ignoring his Stormbolter completely as where he can use the skills that make him perhaps one of the best, if not the best, swordsman in the squad though his skills can somewhat be placed down to his psychic abilities in the form of precognition that allow him to read the movements of his opponent and the flow of the battle.

History: Mordred seldom recalls the days of his trials or at the very least seldom talks of them even to his closest battle brothers within the squad. All he will often say is he remembers being referred to as no.#648 to which Mordred often says that it was likely his number in the batch of recruits taken. When Mordred passed his trials, become a full fledged member of the Grey Knights and was given the name Mordred he did not feel much other than a burning sense of duty to fight for the Emperor and the Imperium until his dying breath and to the best of his abilities for however long that may be.

Since becoming a full battle brother of the Grey Knight’s Mordred when not slaying Daemons and Traitors alike has spent almost all of his time training and honing his skills with his blade and his psychic abilities so that he can protect his brothers better by slaying and banishing the stronger foes of the Imperium. Mordred and other battle brothers have noticed that even in the opening members of particular fierce battles his swordsmanship is even better than it normally is as it seems his psychic abilities tend to be more towards precognition that allows him to see a few seconds ahead or particular moments in the battle which he subconsciously remembers and prepares himself for.

One such battle was during a purge of the chaos ship: Harbinger of Woe, fifty years into Mordred’s career when the combined strength of half of the Sixth Brotherhood and the Angels of Absolution decided it was time to put an end to the terror that was Argamond the Defiler, a Possessed Lord of the Black Legion. With the rest of the Brotherhood and the Angels of Absolution deploying via boarding pod, thunderhawk transport and teleportation to the rest of Argamond’s fleet it fell to Mordred and rest of squad Dothrac to teleport directly onto the command deck of the ‘Harbinger’ and bring the Emperors retribution to the Defiler.

The moment Squad Dothrac re-entered the material universe Mordred was already moving like his rest of his battle brothers, Mordred drew his Nemesis Force Blade in his right hand while sending two blessed bolt rounds into the face plate of a Black Legion marine blowing out what was left of traitors skull through the back of his helmet before letting his Stormbolter fall silently as he grasped his blade in both hands and removed the right arm and both legs of another traitor before setting about the Emperors Holy Duty as the rest of squad Dothrac engaged with their Justicar heading straight towards the Defiler himself.

It was during the clash between his Justicar and the Defiler that Mordred saw the glimpse of the future that ended with the Justicar being slain as the Defiler’s accursed sword cleaved through his helmet. Not willing to allow such a future to come to pass Mordred was already moving towards the combatants as the blade fell with his own future of the blade cleaving through his own helmet being shown to himself. Heedless of danger to his own life Mordred shoved his Justicar out of the way receiving the blow meant for him instead but at the last moment jerking his head back so the blade’s tip left a bloody trail down his face giving him his scar.

With his Justicar out of harms way for now it was Mordred who proceeded to battle with the Defiler relying on his own swordsmanship and his ‘battle-sight’ to allow him to hold his own and eventually take the head of Argamond after a short by fierce and impressive display of swordsmanship with a back handed strike of his sword and as the traitors head left his neck Mordred did not stop to admire his handy work or even listen to the praise of his Justicar and Brothers for killing the Defiler he simply moved on to aiding his brothers in slaying all remaining traitors on the bridge.

While it has been noted that Mordred and Talerion have a similar role or calling within the squad and chapter itself, potentially being future Company or even Chapter Champions, Mordred’s sights remain firmly set upon the ranks of the Paladins, the greatest warriors and mightiest Daemon-Slayers of the entire chapter. As to become a paladin is to become a champion among champions and a warrior of the highest caliber who has proven himself to all those he calls his brothers.

Psychic Discipline: Precognition

Equipment: Aegis Power armour, Nemesis Force Sword , Storm Bolter, Frag grenades, Krak grenades, Psyk-out grenades