Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Music Discussion (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/253-music-discussion/)
-   -   Favourite Cover Songs (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/music-discussion/129568-favourite-cover-songs.html)

Straken's_Fist 10-19-13 12:01 AM

Favourite Cover Songs

Hey,

Apologies if this has been done before, but I'm just drinking and unwinding from work and listening to some cover songs on youtube that i've been listening to throughout the week which I really like... So thought it would be cool to see what other people's favourite cover songs are here on heresy.

Loving these two songs recently:

The Lions - "Girl from the North Country" - Original: Bob Dylan

Appears on the fantastic 'Sons of Anarchy' soundtrack which is just as great as the tv show...

Foo Fighters and John Fogerty - "Fortunate Son" - Original: Creedence Clearwater Revival

Myen'Tal 10-19-13 01:39 AM

Holy Diver by Dio, performed by Killswitch Engage.

VixusKragov 10-19-13 02:37 AM

Tally Hall's cover of The Killer's "Smile Like You Mean It" is the only cover song that comes to mind right now, but I love it much more than the original.

Jacobite 10-19-13 09:21 AM

Girl from the North County is indeed a fecking awesome song. These two always spring to mind:

Skinny Love by the Gaslight Anthem (original by Bon Iver)

The Workers Song by Dropkick Murphies (original by Ed Pickford)

Shas'Ui 10-19-13 11:56 AM

Bad Company by Five Finger Death Punch (Original by...well Bad Company)

andygorn 10-24-13 07:25 AM

These are just the first 2 which came to mind:

"Smells Like Teen Spirit" by Tori Amos:

"My December" by Josh Groban (originally by Linkin Park):

iamtheeviltwin 10-24-13 04:56 PM

My favorite cover ever is probably this; Queen's greatest song cycle done by the best band:

For sheer fun though, nobody beats Weird Al's Polka "cover" medleys:

JAMOB 10-24-13 10:45 PM

The only covers I listen to is dubstep or a capella... Everything else I listen to the originals.

Moriouce 10-25-13 01:39 AM

Can't find a vid on Utube that makes the song justice but try Apotygma Berzerk - Fade to Black.
Metallica done far, far better!

Edit: Found it!

The_Werewolf_Arngeirr 10-25-13 02:05 AM

define cover song, done by another band and released as CDs? or just covered in general? cause the former ill link before, the latter is far FAR vaster due to my bass and Guitar sitting beside me... I do a lot of covers for myself XD, I do need to get around to video taping me playing some of it.