Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/29-off-topic/)
-   -   What happened to all my REP? (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/off-topic/129013-what-happened-all-my-rep.html)

ntaw 09-28-13 03:06 PM

When I first logged in to Heresy some dude gave me 30 rep as a welcome to the boards I guess. Now when I get rep it's one point typically for list advice, the occasional solid joke, and my painting skills (that are improving largely based on the critiques offered me as a result of my postings). With the exception of Magpie's undoubtedly well deserved heaps of rep there, the numbers may be smaller but the meaning is much more well defined.

scscofield 09-28-13 03:44 PM

If your active you will build up rep again. The old system was a joke as others have pointed out. It had way to much inflation built into it. I got a few hundred rep in a day at one point for a comment. Amount of people giving that rep was not a few hundred, it was ten ppl or so.

MidnightSun 09-28-13 03:50 PM

317 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Magpie_Oz (Post 1416741)
Only tossers get heaps of rep

Midnight

Old Man78 09-28-13 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magpie_Oz (Post 1416741)
Only tossers get heaps of rep

Not so, I toss like a champion and have diddly squat!

Djinn24 09-28-13 10:02 PM

The issue is all the old content a lot of us provided that got us rep are so buried that we never see gain from it. Even if it was 1 at a time from the get go I know I would have 300-400, not 20.

scscofield 09-28-13 10:05 PM

Nothing stopping you from redoing those tutes and getting rep again.

Kreuger 09-28-13 10:37 PM

I'm sure from djinn's perspective that's not terribly equitable, but I recall a mod saying there was no mechanism under the old system which tabulated the number of times rep was given.

I suppose you could update them or bump them and see how the population responds.

Djinn24 09-28-13 11:02 PM

I am redoing them Scofield and I would update them except you can't edit older posts. At one point I had editing ability in the tutorial section but not anymore.

scscofield 09-28-13 11:11 PM

The old system was wiped, it is gone, all of it. If you want rep you have to do like everyone else that has posted since that wipe and earn it. There is no past rep to base anything off of. Anyone who currently has rep of a decent amount has actually earned it and it is a true reflection of what they have earned since the site was borked.

The system in place is a reprsentation of those that are helping the site since it has been reborn. Consider this a second life of the site, the past is gone. In terms of that consider any old tute in the section gone also. Do not try to edit them, post new and fresh content based off of them. Site traffic will not improve from old posts being editted. The hacker blew those old posts off the search engine hits. If the tutes and other content is redone and posted as new sites then they fall into new search engine hits.

In otherwords consider anything pre hacker as gone, even if it is still here on the site. If you want rep, create a new reputation.

emporershand89 09-29-13 02:35 AM

Agreed Scscofield, it was needed.