Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Black Library Fiction (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/108-black-library-fiction/)
-   -   McNeill reveals glimpse of new cover art... (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/black-library-fiction/128399-mcneill-reveals-glimpse-new-cover-art.html)

Khorne's Fist 09-02-13 03:09 PM

McNeill reveals glimpse of new cover art...

On his fb page. More Thousand Sons by the looks of it.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.n...66149388_n.jpg

Doelago 09-02-13 03:12 PM

Black Library also showed this earlier. Probably Thief of Revelations.

But McNeill is the author of it? Damn. :(

Khorne's Fist 09-02-13 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doelago (Post 1409966)
But McNeill is the author of it? Damn.

Really? I thought he did a fantastic job with A Thousand Sons.

Doelago 09-02-13 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Khorne's Fist (Post 1409968)
Really? I thought he did a fantastic job with A Thousand Sons.

Which is about the only decent thing he has written.

Lord of the Night 09-02-13 03:23 PM

151 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Doelago (Post 1409971)

In your opinion.

I consider most of what McNeill has written to be good. The first Ultramarines trilogy is great, the second not as good but still enjoyable, his Elves duology is fantastic as is the Mechanicus trilogy, and his Heresy contributions are all good.

Pleased to see McNeill is returning to the Sons of Magnus, I think this is the Magnus the Red centred audio that was mentioned at the Heresy Weekender.

LotN

Gree 09-02-13 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doelago (Post 1409971)

Yes, that's really the only novel of his I've ever really liked. Still I'm at least willing to give him a shot on more Thousand Sons work.

Khorne's Fist 09-02-13 03:28 PM

He is a bit hit-and-miss, but Priests of Mars, Mechanicum, Fulgrim, the Iron Warriors books, are all very good. PoM is actually one of my favourite 40k novels for a while now.

Each to their own though, I suppose.

Vaz 09-02-13 03:54 PM

Holding my thoughts. The guy can't write for shit, but sometimes he can pull something out of his arse. Thousand Sons was okay (and yes, I've just read it again to see if it was as good as I thought it was originally; and it really wasn't up there with some of the better books which have come out since then; Prince of Crows, Crimson Fist, Savage Weapons, Know No Fear, After De'Shea, Betrayer, The First Heretic.

This... Will be pitiful, I think. Worst Heresy books in my eyes;

1. The Outcast Dead
2. Battle for the Abyss
3. Angel Exterminatus
4. Calth that was
5. The Reflection Crack'd
6. Rules of Engagement
7. The Last Church
8. Death of a Silversmith
9. The Dark King

10. Fallen Angels

Guess who the bolded authors are.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Khyzer 09-02-13 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vaz (Post 1409988)
This... Will be pitiful, I think. Worst Heresy books in my eyes;

7. The Last Church

The Last Church is actually one of my favorite short stories I have read within the entire series. Prince of Crows probably being the only other short story to beat it out in my eyes. Not just because I have had basically the same argument with my friends over religion lol, but I just love the whole idea behind this story as well as its execution.

March of Time 09-02-13 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Khyzer (Post 1410012)
The Last Church is actually one of my favorite short stories I have read within the entire series. Prince of Crows probably being the only other short story to beat it out in my eyes. Not just because I have had basically the same argument with my friends over religion lol, but I just love the whole idea behind this story as well as its execution.

I think the Last Church is the best HH short story to date.