Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Wargaming News and 40k Rumors (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/34-wargaming-news-40k-rumors/)
-   -   Codex: Tyranids Rumors (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/wargaming-news-40k-rumors/127959-codex-tyranids-rumors.html)

Nordicus 12-11-13 08:34 AM

My oh my, that "Tentacles out of it's mouth" looks epic!

revilo44 12-11-13 09:09 AM

dont know if theis has ben posted

ia an anonymous source on Faeit 212
There are more releases coming, but these are online or mail order only.

New Releases January 11th
Codex Tyranids: by the Games Workshop Design Studio $49.5 30
Tyranid Psychic Cards $6 3.5
Tyranid Harpy/ Hive Crone $80 48
Tyranid Haruspex/ Exocrine $73 44
Tyranid Warriors (3 models) $51 31
Tyranid Hive Guard/ Tyrant Guard (3 models) $70 42.5
Carnifex Brood (2 models) $90 55
Tyranid Swarm (95 models) $170 105

Tyranid Limited Edition Codex $100 60
Tyranid Termagant Brood (20 models-online only) $33 20
Tyranid Hormagaunt Brood (20 models-online only) $33 20

The following are mail order only.
Zoanthrope
Broodlord
Lictor
Venomthrope
Red Terror

SilverTabby 12-11-13 10:16 AM

That Harpy looks close enough to mine that I'm happy to field a new with my old.

The new big things? I'm so glad I've asked for GW vouchers for christmas... :biggrin:

SilverTabby 12-11-13 10:39 AM

If the tentacley thing is (as I expect) the Haruspex, then it's chances of being a transport are small.
The Exocrine is a long range tank hunter, the Haruspex an assault beast. The Malefactor was the transport critter. Doesn't mean that they may not have built in an ability, but it's unlikely.
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Spec...d#.UqhNuuX1uXI

I think it's awesome Nidzilla players have more scope now though. Several new options are better than one huge thing everyone will take :biggrin: Not that I play nidzilla ,nor have a fondness for huge gribblies.....

I just *really* hope there's scope for having more than just Tervigons as troop MCs.

Khorne's Fist 12-11-13 11:56 AM

That big dude with the SM helmet gives me the impression he's gonna be a one off character, like Old One Eye. Don't know why, just something about the sculpt makes it look more inividualistic than your normal Nid MC.

That Nidzilla army I nearly started with the last codex might just come through this time.

Words_of_Truth 12-11-13 02:28 PM

I so want an alien like army but even those tyranids don't seem to do it for me. Perhaps if they brought back the Genestealer Cult I'd be more inclined.

Tawa 12-11-13 02:40 PM

Sweet baby jesus and the arabs! :so_happy:

Dies Irae 12-11-13 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jezlad (Post 1448513)
They've definitely gone a bit retro. I'm not sure about Mr Shoulders though, looks like a dreadball figure.

If this was done with the Hive Guard / Tyrant Guard dual box, I'm sure you can remove the shoulder plate (see the Hive Guard pic) to make it look more like the current Tyrant Guard.

The big bugs look awesome, I'm definitly going to include an Hexocrine or Haruspex in my army, can't even decide which one yet.

I also like the way the Harpy turned out, even though I have never been a fan of flying tyranids.

Creon 12-11-13 03:30 PM

Death from the skies! I'm so looking forward to the new 'nids.

SilverTabby 12-11-13 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Words_of_Truth (Post 1449465)
I so want an alien like army but even those tyranids don't seem to do it for me. Perhaps if they brought back the Genestealer Cult I'd be more inclined.

You can actually do Genestealer cult using the current Codex. It just lacks in tanks, and requires a bit of imagination ;)
Termagant stats cover guardsmen/hybrids quite nicely.
Genestealers are good as they are.
Hormogaunts cover your fast combat hybrids.
Warriors can be stand ins for a number of things - heavy weapon teams, etc
Raveners - rough riders.

And that's having only thought about it for 2 minutes...