Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Wargaming News and 40k Rumors (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/34-wargaming-news-40k-rumors/)
-   -   Codex: Tyranids Rumors (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/wargaming-news-40k-rumors/127959-codex-tyranids-rumors.html)

SilverTabby 11-15-13 04:48 PM

More random conjecture for the rumour mill :grin:

Warhammer World have put up some new decorations in the museum. They are cabinet-sized backdrops that cover the mirrors at the back of the display cabinets. They are currently only in three cabinets - the Necrons, the Orks and the Tyranids.

Now this could be simply because they were the first printed, or they were done first because the cabinets are presently mostly empty (except the necron one). Or it could be because the schedule has 'nids first, Orks next.

You can make of this what you like, I'm just reporting what I saw today. I'd post the pic I took, but my phone hates Photobucket and I don't have desktop access at present.

locustgate 11-15-13 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverTabby (Post 1432331)
orks 2nd

Am I never going to be able to make my infantry now.

dragonkingofthestars 11-16-13 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverTabby (Post 1432331)
More random conjecture for the rumour mill :grin:

Warhammer World have put up some new decorations in the museum. They are cabinet-sized backdrops that cover the mirrors at the back of the display cabinets. They are currently only in three cabinets - the Necrons, the Orks and the Tyranids.

Now this could be simply because they were the first printed, or they were done first because the cabinets are presently mostly empty (except the necron one). Or it could be because the schedule has 'nids first, Orks next.

You can make of this what you like, I'm just reporting what I saw today. I'd post the pic I took, but my phone hates Photobucket and I don't have desktop access at present.

i have no idea the significance of cabinets in museums, I'm curious as a budding 'nid' player what it does mean?

Bindi Baji 11-16-13 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dragonkingofthestars (Post 1432453)
i have no idea the significance of cabinets in museums, I'm curious as a budding 'nid' player what it does mean?

It is at times a giveaway, I was quite dubious awhile ago but it does sometimes tie into releases.
Nids are very soon anyway and Orks are not too far behind so it does tie in this time

Archon Dan 11-16-13 05:05 PM

It could be for releases but Necrons being included makes no sense. They are nowhere near due an update. Unless GW has decided it's time to drop the nerfhammer. For a moment, I thought they might be signifying which armies would be getting Mega Battleforces this year. But they usually only due a couple and not including some kind of Marine one would be unusual. Orks and Nids would be nice to see for this but again, Necrons just had one. So maybe my conjecture will help somebody figure it out. Otherwise we just wait.

dragonkingofthestars 11-16-13 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bindi Baji (Post 1432558)
It is at times a giveaway, I was quite dubious awhile ago but it does sometimes tie into releases.
Nids are very soon anyway and Orks are not too far behind so it does tie in this time

well, yes but why would it be a give way is what i don't understand.

SilverTabby 11-17-13 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dragonkingofthestars (Post 1432717)
well, yes but why would it be a give way is what i don't understand.

The museum at WHW is where they showcase all the 'Eavy Metal armies. Lise does a marvellous job organising it despite the guys in pre-production being rubbish at putting things back after they photograph it. When a new army comes out, she makes displays to show them. When something new gets done (like these mirror-coverings) it usually ties in with something new happening. The fact that it's started with two armies rumoured to be the next releases could either be coincidence, or convenience that the cabinets are virtually empty at present.

However, the cabinets being virtually empty at present (and in the case of the nids, has been all but empty for months) is another hint at a near release, as it's being used for photography.

Words_of_Truth 11-17-13 04:41 PM

I want something that can chew wraithknights and riptides up and spit them out, tired of their dominance at my store.

Creon 11-17-13 06:59 PM

They aren't that tough. A couple Exorcists will blow through them pretty easily :)

Words_of_Truth 11-17-13 07:33 PM

Yeah but they seem to be able to destroy anything that will hurt them before I get a good go at them.


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:43 PM.

Powered by the Emperor of Man.


vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise v2.6.0 Beta 4 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome