Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Wargaming News and 40k Rumors (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/34-wargaming-news-40k-rumors/)
-   -   Codex: Tyranids Rumors (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/wargaming-news-40k-rumors/127959-codex-tyranids-rumors.html)

bitsandkits 11-06-13 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverTabby (Post 1429539)
New Line are *very* particular about their imagery, as GW got the cheapest license they could, which means they have very tight controls on them. Everything is approved a long time before production, let alone release. However, anything due for release at christmas would have been approved and finished back in august, with at least a three month safety net, especially for a boxed set. They would not just now have received notice it was 'not good enough'.

*edit* Note, I'm not saying they might not have changed the schedule, but it won't have been because someone just said 'sorry, nope' a week or so ago. It simply doesn't work like that.

very true, people forget that GW work well in advance and plan it out, i also imagine that a model as large and as important as Smaug wont simply left to chance to be approved a month before the film lands, i think who ever is doing the model will have been shown the art and design work for him almost as soon as Peter Jackson rubber stamped it for the CGI chaps and Weta digital, and that the final model will have been approved well in advance of production , because it needs to be digitized, the tools need to be cut and tested and adjusted and polished and then they need box art and instructions and painting guides and photos for the box and likely that all needs approval too and thats before they even think about production and WD which is done three months in advance, and thats just me guessing at the process, im sure the actual process is far more complex and long winded with loads more steps i couldnt even dream about, thats not to say they havent bumped it back and replaced it with dwarfember or Nidcember but as silver has said the reason given is likely wrong, more likely is that New line dont want the details of the movie leaked before the movie hits the cinema, this part of the movie is likely more fleshed out than the previous installment as this one was the one they split into two so will have more added.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

MaidenManiac 11-06-13 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverTabby (Post 1429539)
snip
*edit* Note, I'm not saying they might not have changed the schedule, but it won't have been because someone just said 'sorry, nope' a week or so ago. It simply doesn't work like that.

Ofcourse it doesnt, that would be suicide for any company.

Im kind of hoping for the Tyranid players this is true though, since their hopes should be high now.
It is funny though, GW rarely release new armies in December, but hey better to dish out something then leave a month fairly empty

Geist 11-07-13 02:00 AM

More rumors!

Rippers
Quote:

via BigRed over on BoLS
"Rippers are getting a small box like the nurglings. 3 bases. Wings included for sky slashers. Different mouth parts for weapon options."
Biomorphs
Quote:

via Larry Vela on Bols
Look for a return of many biomorphs in a big way, led by available model options.
Several plastic models had access to many biomorphs with modeling options in 4th, and those parts are currently cosmetic.

The feeling is that the biomorph options were curtailed much too strongly in the current book and if there is a modeling option for it in a plastic kit, it will have rules in the next codex. I'm looking at you Carnifex (and others)!

Serpion5 11-07-13 04:58 AM

Hell yeaa! :yahoo:

Geist 11-07-13 03:28 PM

I'm guessing this is for the new Escalation expansion.
Quote:

via One on Warpshadow.com
Back from Warhammer world and got myself last one Hierophant they got
But I wanted Harridan and they told me to wait 3 months and get new one in plastic!

So I think this possible also counting that Harridan now in 40K books (to be released)

Loli 11-07-13 11:10 PM

Huzzah for Rippers, I think they are incredibly cute. I wish I could use them like Cron players get to use Scarabs. Even if I can't they are still cute.

Huzzah for Biomorphs, why they were reduced to why they became I'll never know.

Harridan, I'd sort of like it, but I'd rather it remain in the realms of Forge World and create a new unit to be the centre release unit.

Loli 11-08-13 07:33 AM

Tawa 11-08-13 09:37 AM

Ooh, interesting.... :so_happy:

SilverTabby 11-08-13 10:09 AM

That'll be Hive Guard then, and with at least one additional weapon option... :grin:

DestroyerHive 11-08-13 10:56 AM

That new gun on the left looks like some kind of harpoon, with a cord to reel it in. Maybe our new anti-flyer gun?