Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Wargaming News and 40k Rumors (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/34-wargaming-news-40k-rumors/)
-   -   Codex: Tyranids Rumors (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/wargaming-news-40k-rumors/127959-codex-tyranids-rumors.html)

Bindi Baji 11-03-13 11:11 PM

Hopefully we'll see a multi pose broodlord, I have been waiting a while.......
It may just be that i'll finally dig Hive Fleet Dave out of storage.

As I understand, 'nids (in one way or another) will be able to use (some) allies (possibly by way of a digital release) next year, but not via the codex.

I would say more but it would be guesswork after that.................

revilo44 11-04-13 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bindi Baji (Post 1428935)
Hopefully we'll see a multi pose broodlord, I have been waiting a while.......
It may just be that i'll finally dig Hive Fleet Dave out of storage.

As I understand, 'nids (in one way or another) will be able to use (some) allies (possibly by way of a digital release) next year, but not via the codex.

I would say more but it would be guesswork after that.................

I think nids should be able to ally with imperal guard as it would be genestealer cult.but I didn't know what else they could ally with.

Bindi Baji 11-04-13 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by revilo44 (Post 1428972)
I think nids should be able to ally with imperal guard as it would be genestealer cult.but I didn't know what else they could ally with.

That would make sense and pretty much my thoughts on it,
even though I said I seriously doubt it (i'm paraphrasing myself here) a few months back

SilverTabby 11-04-13 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dies Irae (Post 1428350)
Cat-induced reverse crotch-snifing? Alright, seems solid enough.
By the way, do you still work on your Tyranid army? I used to follow it on Relicnews but I have not been there in ages.

Been doing a lot on it recently actually. Will post something soonish

Geist 11-05-13 02:27 PM

New Tyranid Model Kit: The Dominar/ Karkanos via Big Red on BoLS
Quote:

Rumor rating: NaCl coming from unvetted sources.

Still, it does line up with a lot of earlier stuff. You make the call:

"The Dominar embodies Tyranid Hive Mind completely. Within its shadow, lesser creatures bow in servitude, and larger Tyranids find greater access to the warp. It's armored shell protects it from the most powerful weaponry. Any enemy foolish enough to close with it will find no mercy, as it's claws and teeth rip through flesh and armor plating with ease, and within its massive body lie all manner of symbiotic organisms willing to defend their host.

The Karkanos is a lumbering, living fortress. Upon it's back, smaller Tyranids will gather for protection, waiting for the opportune moment to strike at their foes. Bristling with weapons, it can decimate foes as they close, while it's passengers target other enemies.

This multi-part plastic boxed set contains 84 components with which to build one Tyranid Dominar or one Karkanos. This kit contains all the weapon options available to the either creature including cluster spines, heavy venom cannons, brain leech devourers, and acid spray. This kit contains one Large Oval base. It is supplied unpainted and requires assembly - we recommend using Citadel Plastic Glue and Citadel Paints."

"The dominar has a 18" synapse range and Shadow in the Warp range, and increases the psyker level of all Tyranid Psykers within 6" by 1 level. Also has It will Not Die, psychic Monstrosity, IC(c) and can take most Tyranid Biomorphs. It's bigger than the Tyrranofex model, wider with a taller stance, huge head with a massive brain under a wide plate, large mouth like the trygons. It has three rows of vents along the back plates, but the back plates come up behind the head like a turtle, offering protection."

" the Karkanos looks like a crab. It has a wide flat body, the back plate is sunk in and has a ridge around the outer edges. It's front set of arms can hold a few weapon options like venom cannons or devourers or can take claws or talons. Transport capacity is identical to the spore, but it cannot carry MCs. It is a dedicated transport option for the walking troops: warriors, Genestealers, hormigaunts, Termagants. Open top. Has special rules to handle being a MC and transport...not a vehicle. It's probably one of the most expensive dedicated transports in the game. Can be taken in heavy section solo."

locustgate 11-05-13 03:32 PM

What would be really interesting is seeing a nid DT.

EDIT: LOL....sooo a Karkanos is a dt.

Loli 11-05-13 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geist (Post 1429391)
New Tyranid Model Kit: The Dominar/ Karkanos via Big Red on BoLS

Finally something interesting! I don't care if this turns out to be fake, its something specific. Though honestly I may never be able to use my 'Nids though if this keeps up because I won't be able to bring them anywhere.

SilverTabby 11-05-13 04:13 PM

" It's bigger than the Tyrranofex model, wider with a taller stance"

Then it won't fit on an oval base. The Tyrranofex only *just* fits on the base, and the front claws can't be positioned to touch it. Unless they've gone for more upright - but then it can't really carry troops...

My curiosity is piqued...

revilo44 11-05-13 07:14 PM

i think this is unlikely but anything can happen
Quote:

via a very anonymous source on Faeit 212
current GW managerial chart says that's Smaug wasn't good enough for the studio, so GW have had to go back to the drawing board, moving current releases forward so they don't miss the Christmas release window, Nids moving up to Dec, dwarfs in Jan 2014.

They'll still do the collectors releases for the hobbit, scenes from the film and such, just no new hobbit box.

SilverTabby 11-06-13 09:59 AM

New Line are *very* particular about their imagery, as GW got the cheapest licence they could, which means they have very tight controls on them. Everything is approved a long time before production, let alone release. However, anything due for release at christmas would have been approved and finished back in august, with at least a three month safety net, especially for a boxed set. They would not just now have recieved notice it was 'not good enough'.

*edit* Note, I'm not saying they might not have changed the schedule, but it won't have been because someone just said 'sorry, nope' a week or so ago. It simply doesn't work like that.