Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Project Logs (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/35-project-logs/)
-   -   Grey Knight Project - By SSG.House (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/project-logs/127878-grey-knight-project-ssg-house.html)

Djinn24 08-24-13 01:06 AM

Um, Iraq wasn't all go go go. I didn't paint though, i ordered codexes to read, models and paints went to the house.

SSG.House 09-06-13 03:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Been busy...

But I managed to prime all minis, and started painted a dread knight.
not sure if you can make out the blue tint...but I think it looks really nice.

SSG.House 09-06-13 03:14 AM

4 Attachment(s)
More pics of the NDK.

BTW, thats only two coats of the base color (kantor blue, runefang steel, and lahmian medium)
No shading or highlighting has been attempted or done. Tips and hints would be awesome.

I primed using Chaos Black rattle can

Djinn24 09-06-13 04:09 AM

That looks good. Very smooth base job and the blue is just showing through as a hint making it look like blue steel.

SSG.House 09-06-13 04:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djinn24 (Post 1410999)
That looks good. Very smooth base job and the blue is just showing through as a hint making it look like blue steel.

Thanks brother! Coming from you that means a lot.
Any feedback is great, good bad or ugly....but theres a handful of people here that the feedback means a ton. And yer one of em.

Im trying to figure out a way to highlight etc.

I have never made the attempt to paint the way Im painting these guys.

BTW other then the rattle can primer, its all brush work. Instead of testors brushes I invested in a nice set of brushes from an art store in chico

Djinn24 09-06-13 04:17 AM

So far it looks like it is going to come out looking great. A good base coat and colors goes a long way!

SSG.House 09-18-13 04:41 PM

3 Attachment(s)
The work continues.....
I need advise on how to fix the force swords. The guide that I used was beyond my skill.
Theres a lot of work still to be done, I have to figure out how to shade. etc.

Overall im pleased.

Djinn24 09-18-13 08:15 PM

Um. Learn wet blending or mail the Blade to me :-P

SwedeMarine 09-26-13 12:20 PM

I'd go ahead and go with he mail to Djinn option ;) (seriously have you seen his work? Ridiculously good)

Ive also been toying with this and since you actually have a surface that it can be applied easier to you may want to give it a go. Try using airbrush drying retarder instead of water when wet blending. Ive done a few trial runs and the paints behave similar to oils which from what I have seen is the best way to achieve a good wet blend technique. I dont have any pics of my trial but as soon as i get some ill post them up to sho

SSG.House 09-26-13 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SwedeMarine (Post 1416153)
I'd go ahead and go with he mail to Djinn option ;) (seriously have you seen his work? Ridiculously good)

Ive also been toying with this and since you actually have a surface that it can be applied easier to you may want to give it a go. Try using airbrush drying retarder instead of water when wet blending. Ive done a few trial runs and the paints behave similar to oils which from what I have seen is the best way to achieve a good wet blend technique. I dont have any pics of my trial but as soon as i get some ill post them up to sho

Thanks for the advise. Im tempted to mail them to djinn LoL! along with a Fire raptor haha!