Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Project Logs (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/35-project-logs/)
-   -   Grey Knight Project - By SSG.House (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/project-logs/127878-grey-knight-project-ssg-house.html)

Magpie_Oz 08-19-13 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSG.House (Post 1406099)
Stupid question though. Im waiting on my rule book etc, all I have currently is the GK Codex. Does the big hammer and halbreds count as heavy weapons? Currently all of them cept 4 are armed with the NFS. Those 4 have Psicannons.

The hammers and halberds are just close combat weapons, they don't count as heavy at all.

In general the best load out for a GK Strike Squad/Interceptor of 10 squad is 2 hammers, 2 psycannon and 6 swords. I often put a warding staff on my Sergeant as well.

This can change if you want to run Purifiers who can take 4 psycannon or if you want to run a squad as a purgation squad that also has 4 Psycannon.

Previously I magnetised 1 hand of the Justicar to be able to swap between sword and warding staff. I also magnetised two sword guys per squad of 10 to be able to take psycannon and bring the squad total up to 4.

More recently I have been making them permanent and just buying more boxes of knights.

With my terminators they are all magnetised as it is a little easier so they can be run as WYSIWYG Paladins.

SSG.House 08-19-13 02:56 AM

Thanks Magpie! Im going to experiment with magnets a bit later on.

Djinn24 08-19-13 06:36 AM

Good job buddy. Keep it up!

SSG.House 08-19-13 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djinn24 (Post 1406139)
Good job buddy. Keep it up!

Thanks brother!

SSG.House 08-22-13 07:35 PM

Temporary set back. Paints have disapeered in shipping. FedEx says they were delivered Monday, but shipment hasn't arrived. GW is pointing the finger at FedEx, FedEx is pointing the finger at USPS, and USPS is lost in the sauce.

I didn't primer Monday because it's super humid right now. I did manage to drill the barrels out.
They are not perfect, but they are done. Pics to come later

Djinn24 08-23-13 02:26 AM

That suuuuuuucks.

SwedeMarine 08-23-13 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSG.House (Post 1403758)
I want an Army, that can take and hold ground. I want hard hitting actions on objective, and violence of action.

Hahahaha VOMFA! I think is what you mean eh ;)

as for your paints man just make a quick trip to your FLGS and pick up the basics for what youre doing. Red, Black and Gunmetal should do you to get started while USPS figures their life out :) ill be watching for these as they become painted.

Djinn24 08-23-13 01:04 PM

May i recommend Neal at the Warstore, 20% off, fast shipping (i got NY orders in 4 days in Taji from him) and great customer service, they sent me the wrong codex and they sent the proper one and let me keep the other one. Also he Carries a variety.

SwedeMarine 08-23-13 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djinn24 (Post 1407386)
May i recommend Neal at the Warstore, 20% off, fast shipping (i got NY orders in 4 days in Taji from him) and great customer service, they sent me the wrong codex and they sent the proper one and let me keep the other one. Also he Carries a variety.

Seconded. how did you have time to paint while downrange!?

SSG.House 08-23-13 09:17 PM

Got my paints in. Now waiting for the humidity level to drop some. I don't know what happened,
But FedEx dropped the box off a few minutes ago. Sunday will be primer day, and next week paint begins. A storm rolled through here so humidity was high. Should clear up by sunday.