Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Television and Movies (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/174-television-movies/)
-   -   Ender's Game, The Movie (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/television-movies/127827-enders-game-movie.html)

Djinn24 08-23-13 12:33 PM

That is the same here. I would rather watch Planes instead of this in theater add i know my kids would love it.

Magpie_Oz 08-23-13 01:41 PM

I usually only go to the theatre if the movie is big on SFX, if it is more about the story I get it for home. Granted there aren't too many about that are more about story anymore.

I'm thinking this one will be a theatre one.

Djinn24 08-23-13 02:02 PM

Good way of thinking about it. I don't think i could have done The Life of Pi in theaters.

Magpie_Oz 08-23-13 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djinn24 (Post 1407384)
Good way of thinking about it. I don't think i could have done The Life of Pi in theaters.

I did. The whale scene was amazing but other than that I could have creeped out the family just as easily at home.

Djinn24 08-23-13 02:07 PM

Was it out in 3d? There where done scenes that would have been epic in 3d.

Magpie_Oz 08-23-13 02:11 PM

I'm not sure. 3D gives me a head ache so I only go "old school"

Djinn24 08-23-13 02:16 PM

I rarely watch 3d movies, it has to be special and something that i know will be epic in 3d

Magpie_Oz 08-23-13 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djinn24 (Post 1407397)
I rarely watch 3d movies, it has to be special and something that i know will be epic in 3d

Kind of a waste for us.

My father in law only has one eye, my wife is basically blind in one eye and I have an eye problem that doesn't allow me to see 3d with glasses on.

My son however tells me the movies look awesome ! lol

Chaplain-Grimaldus 08-23-13 02:53 PM

The 3d gives me a headache too. Then I want to take the glasses off because they start getting irritating and I can't see anything lol.

emporershand89 09-09-13 04:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaplain-Grimaldus (Post 1405586)
I am in the British army. I heard rumours that the book was used as mandatory reading for some other nations but to hear that's true is awesome!

I was actually made to read the book when I entered Officer Candidate School. Not sure if that was SOP, but I read it in 2 days honestly; boring read.

On that note, OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!! I am excited at such a good looking movie. When are they going to do Artemis Fowl?