Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   40k Fluff (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/18-40k-fluff/)
-   -   What squicks you out the most about Warhammer 40.000? (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/40k-fluff/127382-what-squicks-you-out-most-about-warhammer-40-000-a.html)

Beaviz81 07-29-13 05:45 PM

What squicks you out the most about Warhammer 40.000?

What do you find most disturbing about the setting?

For me Dark Eldar mememtic molesters. slaaneshi mutations, Nurgle makes me wanna barf, and being a fanatic is a nice thing in this setting.

locustgate 07-29-13 05:57 PM

Ultrasmurfs can win in a 1:1000000000 fight, with little or no casualties.

Beaviz81 07-29-13 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by locustgate (Post 1400282)
Ultrasmurfs can win in a 1:1000000000 fight, with little or no casualties.

You forgot they got angry and a simple naked Ultramarine beat a Primarch and his daemon-bodyguard to death with a Baneblade just because he got angry. :)

locustgate 07-29-13 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaviz81 (Post 1400285)
You forgot they got angry and a simple naked Ultramarine beat a Primarch and his daemon-bodyguard to death with a Baneblade just because he got angry. :)

Haven't read that one.

zerachiel76 07-29-13 07:03 PM

No movement forward in the story - Starting awesome storylines in codexes but not advancing them. The Golden Throne failing for example.

Too overly grimdark - I'm up for a lot of dark but not the no hope at all setting. This is why I like the "winning against all odds" stories like Gaunts Ghosts.

Chaos being all powerful and corrupting everything good like positive emotions such as hope, honour, love and refusing to give up.

locustgate 07-29-13 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zerachiel76 (Post 1400300)
Too overly grimdark - I'm up for a lot of dark but not the no hope at all setting. This is why I like the "winning against all odds" stories like Gaunts Ghosts.

Don't ever read Deadmen Walking, it was far to depressing for me and made it impossible for me to play 40k for a year.

zerachiel76 07-29-13 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by locustgate (Post 1400304)
Don't ever read Deadmen Walking, it was far to depressing for me and made it impossible for me to play 40k for a year.

Not read that one thank goodness. Firmly off my list now so thanks for the advice :D

Beaviz81 07-29-13 07:31 PM

It's not supposed to be anything in any direction when it comes to Empy. He is dying or so it seems along with his Imperium of Mankind. It's actually irritating that people mentions a time after as the IOM would quit functioning just as he flat-lines due to demons going rampant. Just go for any of the 40k.-rulebooks on the background of Empy. Once he dies it's game over for mankind.

Tyrannus 07-29-13 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zerachiel76 (Post 1400300)
Chaos being all powerful and corrupting everything good like positive emotions such as hope, honour, love and refusing to give up.

I think you might be into the wrong setting :P

OT: Space Wolves. I just hate those guys.

zerachiel76 07-29-13 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyrannus (Post 1400308)
I think you might be into the wrong setting :P

OT: Space Wolves. I just hate those guys.

I love the setting and I have for 20 years. I love the stories of brave fights against all odds. I like the Tau, the Necrons and of course the Imperium. I also love the Alpha Legion too for their sneakiness and using their brains.

I just wish they'd tone down the grimdark a bit that's all. :)