Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Television and Movies (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/174-television-movies/)
-   -   So uh guys....They're remaking Old Boy. Is nothing sacred? (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/television-movies/126733-so-uh-guys-theyre-remaking-old-boy-nothing-sacred.html)

Shas'Ui 07-11-13 07:34 PM

So uh guys....They're remaking Old Boy. Is nothing sacred?

Are you sitting down?

http://pmcvariety.files.wordpress.co...ster.jpg?w=499

I love Josh Brolin...but this is just wrong.

Jacobite 07-11-13 07:49 PM

We were talking about this at work the other day. Apparently they have kept the hammer scene as is but:

I also like Josh Brolin but how old was he when he got put locked away? 12?

Loki1416 07-11-13 10:48 PM

I've never seen nor heard of the origional. So looked it up and it looks pretty good. Will have to watch the origional first.

normtheunsavoury 07-11-13 11:04 PM

This is just made of wrong!

Tyrannus 07-11-13 11:09 PM

The Poster looks cheap and terrible.

I actually feel a bit sick. I loved Old Boy and this......this should not exist.

Jacobite 07-11-13 11:30 PM

It's the way Hollywood is working these days, they are after cash cows. A lot of mid budget films are struggling to find funding. I remember hearing that Lincoln (DD Lewis etc) had problems finding funding from studios because they are primarily after big budget films that they can franchise and just start pumping out sequels to make them money and it stands to reason, look at the films that the big studios are making these days:

Avengers/Marvel films....
Hobbit films (that was 2 and is now 3)....
Twilight....
Hunger Games...
Seventh Son (about to come out, first in a book series)
Pacific Rim (plans to franchise),
Legion (was seen as the first in a trilogy)
District 9 (Sequel currently being made)

They want a proven platform that they can draw the punters in with. Why do you think Infernal Affairs was made into the Departed. Hollywood has been remaking Asian films for years and rumors of an Oldboy remake have been around since about 2004 I think. For years in the mid to late 00's pretty much all Hollywood horror blockbusters were asian remakes, list of them here: IMDb: American Remakes Of Asian Horror Films - a list by fuwwy11139

Wusword77 07-24-13 12:21 AM

I didn't like the first one and never understood why people liked it.

All this movie gets from me is a resounding Meh :boredom:

Loli 07-24-13 03:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacobite (Post 1394872)
It's the way Hollywood is working these days, they are after cash cows. A lot of mid budget films are struggling to find funding. I remember hearing that Lincoln (DD Lewis etc) had problems finding funding from studios because they are primarily after big budget films that they can franchise and just start pumping out sequels to make them money and it stands to reason, look at the films that the big studios are making these days:

Avengers/Marvel films....
Hobbit films (that was 2 and is now 3)....
Twilight....
Hunger Games...
Seventh Son (about to come out, first in a book series)
Pacific Rim (plans to franchise),
Legion (was seen as the first in a trilogy)
District 9 (Sequel currently being made)

They want a proven platform that they can draw the punters in with. Why do you think Infernal Affairs was made into the Departed. Hollywood has been remaking Asian films for years and rumors of an Oldboy remake have been around since about 2004 I think. For years in the mid to late 00's pretty much all Hollywood horror blockbusters were asian remakes, list of them here: IMDb: American Remakes Of Asian Horror Films - a list by fuwwy11139

But the problem is, the Hollywood versions are all terrible.

MidnightSun 09-16-13 08:27 PM

317 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacobite (Post 1394872)
ISeventh Son (about to come out, first in a book series)

I know that officially, it's based on the Joseph Delaney book series. But I refuse to acknowledge them part of the same universe, let alone a film adaptation of a book. Fuck Hollywood, the first few Spook's books kicked ass. Not even the dignity to put the Bane in the film :(

Midnight

Stella Cadente 09-16-13 09:08 PM

Give me Chinese movies like red cliff over this Hollywood shit any day.