Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   40k Rules Discussion (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/17-40k-rules-discussion/)
-   -   Iron Clad (Dread) assault launchers (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/40k-rules-discussion/126443-iron-clad-dread-assault-launchers.html)

Magpie_Oz 07-04-13 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 40koverload (Post 1392631)
Clearly that makes perfect sense in this reality, but in 40k reality a sniper -someone with a precision Long range weapon and expertise skill -you would think a lot of training would be involved-has the same BS as anyone else

One word. Vindicare. (BS8) :grin:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ntaw (Post 1392640)
Glad to see some other people thinking they are weapons. I agree, Galahad. If it can shoot, it's a weapon on a vehicle that can be destroyed.

It's even more than that. As the assault grenade shooting attack is a blast then it stands to reason that if a vehicle with an assault launcher or the Land Raider's Frag Assault Launchers has moved more than 6" it can't fire the shooting attack as blasts can't do snap shots.

I'd be talking all this over with my opponent before the game but by the new rules there is nothing to prevent this interpretation. No that I can see anyway.

Xabre 07-04-13 01:08 PM

See, this is why I also need to read things more closely... BRB Vehicle Damage Table:

This includes vehicle upgrades that function as weapons.

ntaw 07-04-13 01:29 PM

Frag assault launchers make the unit count as if it was armed with frag grenades, the vehicle can't use them in any way. At least, that the entry in my BA dex. That make any difference for you there, Magpie?

Magpie_Oz 07-04-13 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ntaw (Post 1392766)
Frag assault launchers make the unit count as if it was armed with frag grenades, the vehicle can't use them in any way. At least, that the entry in my BA dex. That make any difference for you there, Magpie?

Yeh it means the grenades have a range of potentially 18" ! LOL

Seriously, though it is a stretch, the unit itself could be throwing grenades.
The launcher however does "function as a weapon"

ntaw 07-04-13 02:08 PM

Yeah, it makes sense. Just covering all the bases. It's pretty stupid to have something that provides BA with something every infantry model in the codex has to begin with. On the other hand, one more weapon to count towards weapon destroyed results.

40koverload 07-04-13 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galahad (Post 1392669)
It doesn't really need to be explained.
Grenades are weapons.

Throw a grenade at me-I'm dead! - its a weapon. however how this is supposed to work should be more defined and absolute , not bits of info
scattered between books hinting or leading one to believe or assume how it works-left up to interpretation-I get the feeling I will spend more time
debating the use of this with my opponent than actually using it. and I cant really point at anyone aspect to back me up-they will have to read
each page # between books to draw their own conclusion-like you say it should be a no brainer about this grenade launcher. Just my opinion coming into to this game-on some things a bit more information required-cuz theres just enough left unsaid to invite debate, you experienced members here have a bit of a debate of its use going on-so I would say its not just me. GW a bit less fluff and more nuts-n-bolts info in future books. I just want to play the game....

Magpie_Oz 07-04-13 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ntaw (Post 1392776)
It's pretty stupid to have something that provides BA with something every infantry model in the codex has to begin with.

They are for your Terminators, the main passengers of a Land Raider in most cases, who don't have grenades.

ntaw 07-04-13 02:39 PM

:headbutt: It's been so very long since I put my terminators in my Land Raiders.

40koverload 07-05-13 04:05 AM

[QUOTE=Magpie_Oz;1392725]One word. Vindicare. (BS8) :grin:

Isnt Vindicare assasins Grey knights Codex Only? or can you have one through is it Battle Brothers? -I would like to know Thanks:)

Magpie_Oz 07-05-13 05:59 AM

[quote=40koverload;1392961]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Magpie_Oz (Post 1392725)
One word. Vindicare. (BS8) :grin:

Isnt Vindicare assasins Grey knights Codex Only? or can you have one through is it Battle Brothers? -I would like to know Thanks:)

You can take one as allies but it will only be Allies of Convenience at best