Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   40k Rules Discussion (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/17-40k-rules-discussion/)
-   -   Iron Clad (Dread) assault launchers (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/40k-rules-discussion/126443-iron-clad-dread-assault-launchers.html)

40koverload 07-02-13 07:51 AM

Iron Clad (Dread) assault launchers

Hey you Venerables, help out a 40k Newbie, and Hello-I'm new here!

OK ICD Ass/laun ?
offers both Assault grenades and Defensive -Right codex pg103

Do Defensive grenades give me -SHOOTING-6th rule book pg62
does the Dread get STEALTH SPECIAL RULE Also ? -6th RB pg42

Many Thanks :grin:

ntaw 07-02-13 02:25 PM

Welcome! In short: yes.

Your dreadnought does have both assault and defensive grenades, and will get some sweet cover saves provided the unit shooting you is within 8". You also deny the +1 attack charging bonus which is pretty awesome.

Something I'm suddenly more interested in knowing is if assault launchers count as weapons towards a 'weapon destroyed' result from the vehicle damage table?

Xabre 07-02-13 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ntaw (Post 1392081)

Your dreadnought does have both assault and defensive grenades, and will get some sweet cover saves provided the unit shooting you is within 8". You also deny the +1 attack charging bonus which is pretty awesome.

Something I'm suddenly more interested in knowing is if assault launchers count as weapons towards a 'weapon destroyed' result from the vehicle damage table?

I'm fairly certain that the Assault Launchers state 'the unit counts as being equipped with...' So I'd say no, because there's no way to Weapon Destroyed grenades.

ntaw 07-02-13 03:53 PM

It says 'counts as being armed with' but I still agree with what you said. There's no wild difference between equipped and armed that I am ignoring, is there?

Xabre 07-02-13 05:12 PM

well, the real question is less the wording and more: can you normally destroy grenades? Can you FIRE grenades? They're really not weapons, they're wargear.

40koverload 07-02-13 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ntaw (Post 1392081)

So would you say the ICD would get the STEALTH RULE?-thanks:)

scscofield 07-02-13 07:13 PM

Only if the unit shooting at it is 8" or less from the ICD.

Magpie_Oz 07-03-13 04:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xabre (Post 1392112)
Can you FIRE grenades?

Yes you can. Check Page 61. The assault launcher does now give the Dread another weapon that can fire an S3 blast out to 8 "

Xabre 07-03-13 10:01 AM

Huh. Interesting. However, even reading that rule, it still doesn't really feel like it's a weapon that can be destroyed, but still wargear with the option to forgo shooting for a specialized attack.

40koverload 07-03-13 02:23 PM

I don't think even GW knows, called them-they say its a given that the Dread has Grenades like scouts have in their profile-but the dread dosent have grenades in its profile-ONCE you purchase the option of a Grenade launcher for pts cost per codex-The launcher comes with Assault/Defensive grenades codex pg103-but gw agrees that the defensive grenades ability affords you the Stealth Special Rule always giving you + cover save out in the open (within 8inch) and + to being in terrain if being fired upon in the 8 inch range (I imagine as long as you still have the launcher)

Am I allowed to show these Values in this post? if not I will Edit out-its just hard to discuss games rules based on points/points cost and values without showing the #-But i'm new here and want to abide-so Please LMK and I will fix ASAP!