Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/29-off-topic/)
-   -   Iran ignores swimmer's record because of 'revealing' bathing suit (https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/off-topic/126427-iran-ignores-swimmers-record-because-revealing-bathing-suit.html)

scscofield 07-01-13 11:04 PM

Iran ignores swimmer's record because of 'revealing' bathing suit

Shit like this just boggles my mind that the female population allows this to still happen.

http://blu.stb.s-msn.com/i/F0/367A90..._cKVPTCKjj.jpg

From: Elham Sadat Asghari's swimming records are ignored because of her bathing suit

In June, Elham Sadat Asghari accomplished something incredible when she swam almost 20 kilometers in the open waters of the Caspian Sea while wearing a swimming costume that weighed over 13 pounds. Asghari, who is Iranian, is required to wear "a diving suit, a full jacket and a headscarf" so that not a single curve of her figure is visible to men. She abides by those conditions, but her latest record-setting swim reportedly won't count ó and won't even be noted in the record books ó because the sports ministry said her wardrobe was too revealing. "I donít see how she could cover her body any more that she already does," a friend said, frustrated with the decision not to acknowledge Asghari's achievements.

hailene 07-01-13 11:24 PM

Holy crap. Is that hands and face I see? TOO MUCH!

I wouldn't mind it so much if both men and women had to do it in their culture, but the fact that one side gets shafted because they have a two X chromosomes seems incredibly unfair to me.

The Son of Horus 07-01-13 11:58 PM

Allahu ackbar! Time to issue a Fatwa against women swimming at all. Men can't be held responsible for sexual urges. The holy Koran, written by the prophet Mohammed (PBUH), states that if a woman is raped, it is her fault for being too provocative. And protecting women is important. If this wasn't modest enough, in the Great Leader Ayatollah Khomeini's opinion, then she might get raped by gangs of foaming-at-the-mouth men and it'll be all her fault. Since we can't have that, we had better just say women can't go swimming at all...

I -loathe- Islam. Everything it believes. Everything it stands for. If I were that woman, I'd have gone out in a two-piece, strutted around a beach town to the point where the imams start blowing themselves up over it, and then promptly moved to the United States or Israel where we'd happily give her asylum for sticking it to those pig fuckers. As a former competitive swimmer, that's an absurdly impressive accomplishment and doubly so wearing 13 pounds of crap.

Orochi 07-02-13 01:06 AM

Surely one of the Western countries sporting ministries can recognise her accomplishment in their stead?

DeathKlokk 07-02-13 01:06 AM

What do you expect from a country that still doesn't have toilet paper?

Jezlad 07-02-13 01:17 AM

Thats the law in her country so be it. I personally couldnt give two fucks how far or fast she swam. My main disappointment is the fact she didn't drown or get eaten by a shark.

hailene 07-02-13 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Son of Horus (Post 1391873)
I -loathe- Islam. Everything it believes. Everything it stands for.

I'm not Muslim or know much about Islam, but it stems Judaism. It shares a lot of stuff with Judaism and Christianity. The general love thy neighbor sort of stuff.

There's also some retarded anachronistic stuff that some practitioners decide to carry forward into the 21st century. Don't hate the entire religion when they decide to take some backward ideas and apply them to the modern day.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jezlad (Post 1391898)
My main disappointment is the fact she didn't drown or get eaten by a shark.

Wait, what? What did the woman do to earn your ire?

Magpie_Oz 07-02-13 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hailene (Post 1391904)
Wait, what? What did the woman do to earn your ire?

You don't know Jez very well do you?

hailene 07-02-13 01:36 AM

'Fraid not. Fill me in. Was he just being sarcastic?

Magpie_Oz 07-02-13 03:31 AM

A quote that springs to mind : "Let he among you who is without sin cast the first stone"

"In 1907 the swimmer Annette Kellerman from Australia visited the United States as an "Underwater Ballerina", a version of Synchronized swimming, diving into glass tanks. She was arrested for indecent exposure, as her swimsuit showed arms, legs and the neck. Kellerman changed the suit to have long arms and legs, and a collar, still keeping the close fit revealing the shapes underneath."

Sure awhile ago but not everyone changes at the same rate.